May/June In-Game

wow dude didn't know you were there! how loud was stadium at the end?

I presume twink was meaning live on either tv or online, TM. Hard to think he was actually there and saw the trophy awarded, and would still be able say 2 years later he didn't realise what was going on.
icon12.png

best goal of the weekend?

<iframe src="http://gfycat.com/iframe/IdenticalFortunateBittern" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="640" height="360" ></iframe>

so lets just get this straight, Atl Madrid, Barca, Real have all dropped points 2 games straight...who the fuck wants the title?
Atl Madrid could of sealed it today for pete sakes but now they have to win it at Nou Camp?
Lucky for them Barca can't figure them out

woo hoo, Villa up for sale...although rumours have it they have already been sold!
Thank fuck, if it's another american it better be someone from a winning franchise not the Cleveland Browns.
Wouldn't mind a Sheikh buying :)

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart (Manchester City), Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion), Fraser Forster (Celtic).
Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Phil Jagielka (England), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Southampton), Chris Smalling (Manchester United).
Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Southampton), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), James Milner (Manchester City), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal).
Strikers: Rickie Lambert (Southampton), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Daniel Welbeck (Manchester United).

Standby list: John Ruddy (Norwich City), Jon Flanagan (Liverpool), John Stones (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Andy Carroll (West Ham United), Jermain Defoe (Toronto FC).

Well tbh,we dont have a big pot too pick from,cause the fact is skysports and the EPL have ruined English National football,only 30% of the players in the premier league are English.I want to see the younger lads go out and just give their all for the country with no over ambitious goals.I like it.

Last edited:
i'm going to assume that with this squad they are pretty much just grooming the younger lads for 2014 Euros, honestly cannot see this team going very far.
The supposed proposal for a Prem League B team might be good for grooming locals but that's what the Prem League is all about, all stars, maybe if it was a UK team they'd actually have a chance haha.

Could make a pretty decent team out of that lot.

Hart

Baines...Cahill...Jones....Shaw (lacking a powerful cb, but I do kinda like Jones as a CB, very athletic....just has to watch the occasional blunder. Shaw and Baines are great at bombing down the flanks)

Midfield all sorts of possibilities -
Henderson/Lallana/Milner are all workhorses out there, tons of running.
Maybe through Stevie G or Lamps out as a holding mf.

Maybe put Rooney as a displaced striker with Sturridge up top. Glad to see Lambert got the call too. Cleverly on standby :rofl:

Loads better than the USMNT....but yeah probably not suited to go too deep.

when you look at the squad and the standby players,it tells you what sky and the EPL has done to the national game,wait till Qatar,we wont even qualify

can't believe Welbeck made the team. I was thinking about this the other day, that guy reminds me of Sturridge, when he used to play for City (obv before they loaded up). Guy looked like he had all kinds of ability, but when he hit this field, he'd give you one moment of brilliance followed by game after game of shit, pure shit.
If I were blowing up United, he'd be gone straight away. He takes time away from Chicharito.

I don't know wtf United should do with RvP either, but if he wants to go, good riddance. If he wants to stay, that's good with me - but make a commitment and stop running around with a tampon up your twat ffs.

Curious to see what the new manager does with this club. Tons of the old guard not gonna be there anymore, huge transition year. Tons and tons of question marks, hope they all get hammered out sooner, rather than later so we don't get stuck making another stupid bid like on Fellaini. ugh.

Mata, Rooney, Januzaj, Carrick, DeGea, Jones, Smalling. Rafael is a decent enough nucleus. Got to sort out wtf to do with guys like Young, Nani, Valencia, Fellaini to start. See about Evra and Fletcher and obviously RvP. Such a fucking disappointment this last season, not really acceptable.

Could make a pretty decent team out of that lot.

Hart

Baines...Cahill...Jones....Shaw (lacking a powerful cb, but I do kinda like Jones as a CB, very athletic....just has to watch the occasional blunder. Shaw and Baines are great at bombing down the flanks)

Midfield all sorts of possibilities -
Henderson/Lallana/Milner are all workhorses out there, tons of running.
Maybe through Stevie G or Lamps out as a holding mf.

Maybe put Rooney as a displaced striker with Sturridge up top. Glad to see Lambert got the call too. Cleverly on standby :rofl:

Loads better than the USMNT....but yeah probably not suited to go too deep.

Tons of running does not equate to success in the temperatures they will be playing at. Teams that play much more skilled short passing will succeed.
The problem with the England squad is that for the longest time they've played direct football and is so damn conservative. It's one thing to play conservative but have creative flare such as Portugal, but England on the other hand just don't have killer instinct.

The full backs are solid, no doubt there, not too sure about the central defence cause guys like Cavani and Suarez would eat them up.
Now the question is, does this team have enough quality in midfield to beat Italy? I think yes, the Italy attack is also nothing to boast about so the war is in the midfield. Against CR they will need to attack as goal difference will come to play here, can this team win 4-0? Hmm not too sure if they are built for that though.

End of the day they are in a very winnable group, Italians play Uruguay in their final group match that might be a game they must win.

I dont see a group exit

with that team they are essentially going to play the Liverpool formation with half the Liverpool team

Hart
Johnson/Cahill/Jagielka/Baines
Gerrard/Henderson
Sterling/Rooney/Lallana
Sturridge

I could see Ox in place of Lallana and maybe Wilshere in place of Henderson

although against Uruguay my guess is Jones plays DM and shadows Suarez like SAF used to have him do vs CR7/Bale

in which case they probly go 4-3-3 that game and take out Lallana (maybe Milner plays too)

I dont get Lampard at all though, especially when you only bring 7 defenders and are 1-2 injuries away from someone like Milner playing RB

I get that after Johnson/Walker we don't have any RBs (and Jones/Smalling can play RB in a pinch) but why not then bring an extra CB like Caulker, especially when Jones can fill in midfield anyway

man what Spurs are doing to Sherwood is a bit crock, it's inevitable he's going to be sacked just hate to see a manager go through a situation like this when you know its imminent yet you've done whats required.

<iframe style="width: 1px; height: 0px; border: medium none; position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe style="width: 1px; height: 0px; border: medium none; position: absolute; visibility: hidden;" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0"></iframe><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>MLS, <a href="https://twitter.com/ussoccer">@ussoccer</a> sign landmark TV &amp; media rights partnerships with ESPN, FOX &amp; Univision Deportes: <a href="http://t.co/HcvNkuSPhp">http://t.co/HcvNkuSPhp</a></p>&mdash; Major League Soccer (@MLS) <a href="https://twitter.com/MLS/statuses/465885492077404160">May 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
208C697603B8469F9F2CBE16805D232B.ashx

<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true" scrolling="no" id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>

they are paying more $$ per year than NBC did for EPL. NBC was really good & improved for EPL, but their coverage for MLS was weak.

The new deal relies heavily with USMNT broadcasts too i think.

Smart move with the Sunday night doubleheader, although you figure it's going to end up like NHL on NBC with the same rotation of teams week after week (LA, NYRB, NYFC, SEA, CHI), and it goes without saying we'll never see MTL, VAN or TFC.

Now they just need some marketable stars hitting their prime (Javier Hernandez?)

Fox sports and Espn combined for rights on soccer? Aren't these two competing entities?

Horrible overpay on their end, either way - total shit product that the MLS is throwing out there. BUT, if MLS is able to use this money to attract better players, they may have a chance. Problem is, no stars want to play in the U.S unless a) they're American's - and let's face it the number of marketable US players you can count on one hand or b) they are not getting paid anywhere else.

MLS is desperate to extend their brand but they're in a no win situation. They want to grow domestic soccer, but there's a reason keggers garner much higher attendance figures than college soccer games - the talent at US College soccer is terrible. And these are the players by and large they are grooming to be drafted and play in MLS.

A guy like Chicharito I think would much prefer to either a) Stay in Europe b) return to Mexico and be the main attraction for the entire country and c) play in MLS. Only way MLS is going to get a player like that in his prime is pay 2-3x market value - and there are a number of clubs in Mexico that could pay pretty well to get him. MLS will continue to get guys like Keane and Henry when no other decent European club will come close to paying them anything and mediocre SPL guys when they want to get paid, but they are not going to get any decent talent that are in the 22-27 year old range ever. So, the product will continue to be bad. And then they talk about expansion again and I just want to puke all over. Why dilute the talent level even more - make your brand worse off. Just crazy.

The $$ is always there to overpay aging stars...it's a only matter for when the 29-32 yr olds start moving to USA to get more $$.

I mean Wright-Phillips was in L1 last year and now is top scorer.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Club can announce that Tim Sherwood has left his coaching position at the Club.</p>&mdash; Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) <a href="https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/statuses/466175205795459072">May 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

hate how other places are saying he got sacked.
apparently there was a clause in the contract to review end of the season.

Why is Pochettino favored???

From skybet

Next Permanent Tottenham Manager
[TABLE="width: 777"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Mauricio Pochettino 11/10[/TD]
[TD]Frank de Boer 9/4[/TD]
[TD]Rafa Benitez 6/1[/TD]
[TD]David Moyes 12/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Thomas Tuchel 12/1[/TD]
[TD]Remi Garde 33/1[/TD]
[TD]Roberto Martinez 33/1[/TD]
[TD]Massimiliano Allegri 33/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jurgen Klinsmann 33/1[/TD]
[TD]Roberto Mancini 33/1[/TD]
[TD]Michael Laudrup 33/1[/TD]
[TD]Gus Poyet 40/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jurgen Klopp 40/1[/TD]
[TD]Louis Van Gaal 40/1[/TD]
[TD]Roberto Donadoni 40/1[/TD]
[TD]Murat Yakin 40/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Luciano Spalletti 40/1[/TD]
[TD]Glenn Hoddle 50/1[/TD]
[TD]Cesare Prandelli 50/1[/TD]
[TD]Alan Pardew 50/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Carlo Ancelotti 50/1[/TD]
[TD]Malky Mackay 50/1[/TD]
[TD]Guus Hiddink 50/1[/TD]
[TD]Paul Lambert 66/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Roberto Di Matteo 66/1[/TD]
[TD]Dennis Bergkamp 80/1[/TD]
[TD]Chris Hughton 80/1[/TD]
[TD]Diego Simeone 80/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ronald Koeman 80/1[/TD]
[TD]Fabio Capello 80/1[/TD]
[TD]Ralf Rangnick 80/1[/TD]
[TD]Marcelo Bielsa 80/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Luis Enrique 80/1[/TD]
[TD]Steve McClaren 80/1[/TD]
[TD]Laurent Blanc 80/1[/TD]
[TD]Harry Redknapp 80/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Gianfranco Zola 80/1[/TD]
[TD]Steve Kean 100/1[/TD]
[TD]Pep Guardiola 100/1[/TD]
[TD]Steve Clarke 100/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Martin Jol 100/1[/TD]
[TD]Tony Pulis 100/1[/TD]
[TD]Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 250/1[/TD]
[TD]
–​
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Next Permanent Manchester Utd Manager
[TABLE="width: 777"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Louis van Gaal 1/33[/TD]
[TD]Ryan Giggs 14/1[/TD]
[TD]Pep Guardiola 20/1[/TD]
[TD]Carlo Ancelotti 33/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jurgen Klopp 40/1[/TD]
[TD]Diego Simeone 40/1[/TD]
[TD]Jose Mourinho 40/1[/TD]
[TD]Antonio Conte 50/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Laurent Blanc 66/1[/TD]
[TD]Roberto Martinez 80/1[/TD]
[TD]Guus Hiddink 80/1[/TD]
[TD]Sir Alex Ferguson 80/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Vicente Del Bosque 100/1[/TD]
[TD]Jupp Heynckes 100/1[/TD]
[TD]Tony Pulis 100/1[/TD]
[TD]Carlos Quieroz 100/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Arsene Wenger 100/1[/TD]
[TD]Joachim Low 100/1[/TD]
[TD]Jorge Jesus 100/1[/TD]
[TD]Roberto Mancini 100/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Mark Hughes 100/1[/TD]
[TD]Roberto Donadoni 100/1[/TD]
[TD]Paul Scholes 100/1[/TD]
[TD]Marcello Lippi 100/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Andre Villas Boas 100/1[/TD]
[TD]Steve McClaren 100/1[/TD]
[TD]Rafa Benitez 100/1[/TD]
[TD]Mauricio Pochettino 100/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Marcelo Bielsa 100/1[/TD]
[TD]Michael Laudrup 100/1[/TD]
[TD]Gary Neville 100/1[/TD]
[TD]Steve Bruce 100/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 125/1[/TD]
[TD]Frank de Boer 125/1[/TD]
[TD]Neil Lennon 150/1[/TD]
[TD]Rene Meulensteen 150/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Massimiliano Allegri 150/1[/TD]
[TD]Sven Goran Eriksson 150/1[/TD]
[TD]Paul Lambert 150/1[/TD]
[TD]Sam Allardyce 150/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Philip Neville 150/1[/TD]
[TD]Mike Phelan 150/1[/TD]
[TD]Luis Felipe Scolari 150/1[/TD]
[TD]Frank Rijkaard 150/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Martin O'Neill 150/1[/TD]
[TD]Jurgen Klinsmann 150/1[/TD]
[TD]Uwe Rosler 150/1[/TD]
[TD]Brendan Rodgers 150/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Fabio Capello 150/1[/TD]
[TD]Didier Deschamps 150/1[/TD]
[TD]Harry Redknapp 200/1[/TD]
[TD]Roy Keane 200/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Gerardo Martino 250/1[/TD]
[TD]Felix Magath 250/1[/TD]
[TD]Juande Ramos 250/1[/TD]
[TD]Alan Curbishley 250/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Alan Pardew 250/1[/TD]
[TD]Zinedine Zidane 250/1[/TD]
[TD]Steve Clarke 250/1[/TD]
[TD]Malky Mackay 250/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Roy Hodgson 250/1[/TD]
[TD]Nigel Clough 250/1[/TD]
[TD]Johan Boskamp 250/1[/TD]
[TD]Cesare Prandelli 250/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Terry Connor 500/1[/TD]
[TD]David Beckham 500/1[/TD]
[TD]Eric Cantona 500/1[/TD]
[TD]Tim Sherwood 500/1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Nigel Pearson 500/1[/TD]
[TD]Sean Dyche 500/1[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

A guy like Chicharito I think would much prefer to either a) Stay in Europe b) return to Mexico and be the main attraction for the entire country and c) play in MLS. Only way MLS is going to get a player like that in his prime is pay 2-3x market value - and there are a number of clubs in Mexico that could pay pretty well to get him. MLS will continue to get guys like Keane and Henry when no other decent European club will come close to paying them anything and mediocre SPL guys when they want to get paid, but they are not going to get any decent talent that are in the 22-27 year old range ever. So, the product will continue to be bad. And then they talk about expansion again and I just want to puke all over. Why dilute the talent level even more - make your brand worse off. Just crazy.
That's the part that makes me wonder - Garber's been pretty smart about things to this point, but now he wants to a) go into one of the worst markets in the country (ATL) with a team that's going to be running counter to his insistence on soccer specific stadiums, b) back into a market (ie. Florida) that almost brought down the league at the start and c) enter into a partnership with two organizations (ie Yankees and Man City) that are probably going to throw money around like drunken sailors on shore leave. Plus, I think I read they want to explore the possibility of expanding to as many as 30 teams? That's insane...

As far as attracting big name talent in their prime, that'll probably never happen, but just like with Beckham, I think you do need to bring in at least one bankable star to generate interest from the casual fan. In a perfect world, it would be an American, but you know that's never happening either.

The one thing they really need to do is start scouting South America more aggressively. I mean, how is it teams like Porto and Shakhtar can constantly find players and MLS can't (established relationships and scouting systems, I know, but still). Think I'd rather see them pool their money and bring in some raw talent that may or may not develop as opposed to constantly overpaying for guys who don't have much left to offer other than their name (what the hell is Kaka still going to have left in the tank a year from now?)

Back