Match Play

crawdads

Fairway to Heaven
Was up $95 on the year then lost 90 last week, now up a whopping $5. Strange year. Lines are really inflated this year to the favorites. They are pretty much 2 options, roll the dice on a coin flip or parlay a couple favorites. I dont ever remember seeing all of the -200+ to start the event. Who do you guys like? Charl? Kuchar? A sleeper..?

http://golfodds.com/

I like Louie's road to the quarters, so I might put a small future on him then hedge out if he gets there. I'm a big Charl fan and have also been on the Ryan Moore train lately. Looking over 1st round match ups now but I definitely see some plays.

Poulter fucked me last year. I am staying away. A lot of these guys like him, Stricker and Rory haven't competed in seemingly forever.

I like Louie's road to the quarters, so I might put a small future on him then hedge out if he gets there. I'm a big Charl fan and have also been on the Ryan Moore train lately. Looking over 1st round match ups now but I definitely see some plays.

Louies hottest golfer WW right now. Really like chances

Kinda like Dufner, but man that is a tough out in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Poults lives for match play

Furyk has never reached the weekend in 13 starts.

Anyone have interest in getting a bracket pool together? I know you can create private ones on pgatour.com

Idk. I was kinda gauging interest before bringing up money. But we could do like 20-30 bucks or something.

Okay locked in 5 plays for tomorrow, but all smaller amounts than my usual, full tourney plays.

Senden +110 over Van Pelt
Molinari -125 over Fernandez-Castano
Moore -120 over Furyk
Colsaerts -105 over Haas
Schwartzel/Louis/Kuchar/Donald +289

Last edited:
I'm in on Kuchar/Donald parlay (+100), fairly large. I didnt like Donald's ball striking stats last week but I like the matchup. GL everyone. I like betting on guys with good short games. They might not make as many birdies, but they are always in the hole and not hitting the ball in cacti etc.

what's the buy in

This dude has gambling in his blood. Always wanting to wager. A few years ago i got into a work pool and I nailed the finals, it was the year paul casey was in it. I had 3 out of the final 4. That was an anomaly, every other year has been awful.

Nice man. Good luck this week. I'm making one more round one play.

Thongchai Jaidee +152 over Sergio. Another small play.

Crazy weather goin on out there. Guys saying they might be done for the day.

FYI we have three whole people in our pool haha

Dang Jaidee won 17 and 18 to square it, but lost on the 20th. Also looks like I made my parlay too big, Schwartzel needs help

I'm in on Kuchar/Donald parlay (+100), fairly large. I didnt like Donald's ball striking stats last week but I like the matchup. GL everyone. I like betting on guys with good short games. They might not make as many birdies, but they are always in the hole and not hitting the ball in cacti etc.

Unbelievably clutch putting by Luke on the last 2 holes. Brilliance. TBH i was shaking as i had a lot of money riding on this. Probably gonna stay away for the rest of the week, work has been taking up all of my time. GL to everyone.

Rory's game looks to be a mess. He took a huge risk chasing the money and switching clubs. I really hope he can get this figured out.

Changed my mind. Spent some time reading scorecards and quotes. Some scores are distorted due to the bad conditions.

[TABLE="class: Grid"]
<tbody>[TR="class: NonAlt"]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$123.75[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$75.00[/TD]
[TD]Pending[/TD]
[TD]2/22/13 12:00pm PGA WGC Golf 186 Martin Kaymer - Advances -165* <small>vs</small> Rafael Cabrera-Bello - Advances [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Risking 1/2 of what I won on the parlay on this play. I love the fact it's only 1 round and you have the chance to make a quick buck. Almost like day trading. Kaymer might be the man to beat in this event.

Good luck. I agree. Gonna tail you on that. Also made three more small for tomorrow.

Louis -140 over Garrigus
Kuchar -110 over Sergio
Colsaerts +115 over Rose

liking garrigus, confidence is thru the roof. should be a good match but he was my sleeper before the thing started, so i'm gonna stick with it

howell for me as well when the line comes, and petterson if he gets by fowler

I definitely don't disagree with you on Garrigus. I'm probably just being stubborn because I like Louis.

Also added a $20 parlay because they're fun:

[TD="class: NoWrap"]164681928-1
[/TD]
[TD]2/21/13 11:44pm[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$20.00[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$118.17[/TD]
[TD]Pending[/TD]
[TD]4 Team Parlay[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: NonAlt"]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Pending[/TD]
[TD]2/22/13 12:00pm PGA WGC Golf 172 Jason Day - Advances -160* <small>vs</small> Russell Henley - Advances [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Pending[/TD]
[TD]2/22/13 12:00pm PGA WGC Golf 176 Fredrik Jacobson - Advances -150* <small>vs</small> Marcus Fraser - Advances [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Pending[/TD]
[TD]2/22/13 12:00pm PGA WGC Golf 186 Martin Kaymer - Advances -165* <small>vs</small> Rafael Cabrera-Bello - Advances [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]Pending[/TD]
[TD]2/22/13 12:00pm PGA WGC Golf 189 Luke Donald - Advances -170* <small>vs</small> Scott Piercy - Advances [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

yeah i hope u don't take it as a knock against your bet, just thought this week was a good set up for garrigus. the guy is playing out of his mind and he's local, so desert golf is very comfortably i would imagine

i like louie as well, and that matchup is a must watch for me

stricker seems pretty content with where his career is, wouldn't surprise me to see him make a real run. obviously a very good match play guy and seems like no pressure on him at all

[h=2]How To Fill Out Your Match Play Bracket: A Refresher[/h]FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2013COMMENTS (0)
By Sam Weinman
After so many upsets in the first round of the Accenture World Match Play Championship, you may think there's no rhyme or reason to who wins these things. Quite the contrary! There is in fact a formula for determining a match's outcome. It's just not the one you'd expect.

(Photo by Getty Images)
Below we provide our basic guidelines for the next time you fill out your bracket.
1. If there's a golfer you have never heard of before this week, he will likely win.
2. If a golfer comes into the week enjoying a "hot start to the season," he will lose.
[FONT=arial, helvetica, verdana]Related: Golf Digest's all-time match play "Dream Team"
http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tours-news/2011-11/photos_cup_dream_team#slide=1
3. The guy who is in worse physical condition is a lock.
4. Always take the guy with the belly putter. If it's two guys with a belly putter, take the guy in worse shape.
5. If at any point analysts cite a golfer's "impressive match play record," that guy will lose. Unless that guy is Ian Poulter.
6. If a guy was a late addition to the field by virtue of Phil Mickelson going on vacation with his kids, he will win at least one match.
7. Always take the plucky European player over the American. Unless he's a plucky European player with "an impressive match play record." Again, exceptions are made for Ian Poulter.
[FONT=arial, helvetica, verdana]Related: Dove Mountain among the least-favorite PGA Tour courses[/FONT]
8. If it's two Americans, take the guy who is considered the worse putter.
9. Also, give the edge to a guy who has any of the following:
-- A hyphen in his last name.
-- The guy with the more garish assortment of logos on his shirt.
-- An inordinate number of vowels and/or consonants in his last name.
-- A painter's cap.
[/FONT]

Read More http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-tour...h-play-bracket-a-refresher.html#ixzz2Le19aYxV

Nice call with Garrigus kj. Scratched out 10 bucks of my own profit plus 40 more from tailin you craw. Thanks for the winner.

Garrigus with 8 birdies is impressive.

SCORECARD STATS: Jacobson carded four birdies and two bogeys. Fraser carded no birdies and two bogeys.

Marcus Fraser, not so much.

Poulter carding six birdies, had another birdie putt conceded and no bogeys..
Lowry carded five birdies and no bogeys.
Colsaerts made six birdies and one bogey.
Kuchar made five birdies and one bogey.
Clark carded five birdies and one bogey,
Piercy made five birdies and an eagle over 12 holes
Kaymer made three birdies and two bogeys.
Mahan carded four birdies, two bogeys and a had a conceded eagle
Watson made four birdies, two bogeys and one double bogey

[TD="class: NoWrap"]-1
[/TD]
[TD]2/21/13 10:18pm[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$123.75[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency GradedOnly AmountPaidColumn"]$198.75[/TD]
[TD]Win[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: GridSeparator"]
[TD="colspan: 7"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: Alt"]
[/TD]
[TD]2/18/13 7:16pm[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$200.00[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$194.29[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency GradedOnly AmountPaidColumn"]$394.29[/TD]
[TD]Win[/TD]
[TD]2 Team Parlay[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: GradedOnly AmountPaidColumn"][/TD]
[TD]Win[/TD]
[TD]2/20/13 7:00am PGA WGC Golf 131 Matt Kuchar - Advances -245* <small>vs</small> Hiroyuki Fujita - Advances
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD="class: GradedOnly AmountPaidColumn"][/TD]
[TD]Win[/TD]
[TD]2/20/13 7:00am PGA WGC Golf 149 Luke Donald - Advances -250* <small>vs</small> Marcel Siem - Advances [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[/TD]
[TD]2/12/13 10:29pm[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$90.00[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency GradedOnly AmountPaidColumn"]$0.00[/TD]
[TD]Loss[/TD]
[TD]2/14/13 10:00am PGA Golf 115 Aaron Baddeley (Tourn) -120* <small>vs</small> Scott Piercy (Tourn) [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[/TD]
[TD]2/6/13 9:00pm[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$112.00[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$80.00[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency GradedOnly AmountPaidColumn"]$192.00[/TD]
[TD]Win[/TD]
[TD]2/7/13 11:10am PGA Golf 7105 Lee Westwood (1st Rnd) -140* <small>vs</small> Vijay Singh (1st Rnd) [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TR]
[/TD]
[TD]2/4/13 9:32pm[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$96.00[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$80.00[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency GradedOnly AmountPaidColumn"]$176.00[/TD]
[TD]Win[/TD]
[TD]2/8/13 7:00am Seniors Golf 636 John Huston (Tourn) -120* <small>vs</small> Joey Sindelar (Tourn) [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Nice run. Hoping this is the momentum I was looking for and more specifically accustomed to.

Nice work, continued success.

Good playing Tim. Any leans? Ive been trying to go to asapsports to read transcripts, I dont see anything as of yet. I have missed both days of coverage, so I can only go off scorecards, play by play on the phone and interviews. By the way we only live about 20 miles apart.

Good playing Tim. Any leans? Ive been trying to go to asapsports to read transcripts, I dont see anything as of yet. I have missed both days of coverage, so I can only go off scorecards, play by play on the phone and interviews. By the way we only live about 20 miles apart.
I just took a look and initial likes are Jacobson (thought he played great at Riviera but had the late bogey to keep him out of playoff), Mahan, Stricker and Clark (great match player and pure value play though tough to go against Poulter). I got to watch a little bit yesterday, and got home today at 4 eastern and watched completion of all matches except McDowell and Stricker before I went out to dinner. The Stricker/Watney match was amazing, Strick had 7 birdies when I left and Watney 5 birds and 2 eagles and they were in extra holes. Bubba should have won his match sooner, missed a couple of easy birds on 18 and 1 and then finally got the win with a par on 3.

I'm in the same boat.. have only been able to watch like 30 minutes total of coverage the past two days. Looking over tomorrow I don't really see much that I like, but I'm sure I'll find something small. I have futures out on a few guys so I may start hedging those a little if the guys get to the quarters. The Colsaerts/Kuch and Kaymer/Mahan matches should be fun to watch

I would love to fade Bubba and his short game but i dont like the matchup.
He missed a couple of short 5-6' that you would think he would have made, but Bubba is impervious to mistakes just does the aw shucks and moves on. His iron play was pretty good for the most part, and he is so long it is ridiculous. I think he has the swagger and right mindset for match play. If he makes a mistake he just says fuck it I will birdie the next hole. Kind of like he is playing with house money all the time, and I think it makes him resilient.

Locked one in a little bit ago. Nice run and all, but I think it ends here for Lowry.

[TD="class: NoWrap"]
[/TD]
[TD]2/22/13 9:28pm[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$72.00
[/TD]
[TD="class: MiddleRight Currency"]$60.00
[/TD]
[TD]Pending[/TD]
[TD]2/23/13 9:30am Reduced Golf 102 Graeme McDowell - Advances -120* <small>vs</small> Shane Lowry - Advances [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Nice... let's get it.

Too many blowouts here early. Pretty much just Piercy/Stricker and Garrigus/Jacobson got interesting pretty quickly

Back