Marshall is 9-0 in their '75' game

s--k

Goodbye to Romance College Football
I wasn't aware of this record and do not know all of the past opponents they beat to get to 9-0 once they officially started designating a game with special uniforms week of the anniversary of the 1970 plane crash.

The Latech game Friday is the 10th such game for Marshall.

Excerpt:

The emphasis placed on the game by Holliday has also translated to the field. In Holliday’s previous nine ‘75’ contests at Joan C. Edwards Stadium, Marshall has not suffered defeat.

“They love to play in this game,” Holliday said. “It’s the only time you put that black jersey on, the only time you put that ‘75’ on your helmet. When you do that, you strap it up a little tighter, prepare a little harder and get ready to go play a great game. You feel the responsibility you have as a coach and a player to uphold the standard that is expected.”

Read more:

FWIW, this morning on VSIN, Pauly said he heard from a very reliable source that there would be a big suspension coming down for La Tech affecting Friday's game. I believe it was four or five starters including their QB. The line is up to 4.5 from I believe 2-ish but I've seen no official word on this yet.

Technically, LaTech could afford to lose this cross-division game. If they drop their first league game they would be tied with SMiss, but they own the head-to-head tie break. As long as they beat UAB and UTSA to close the season and still win the West.

Game is a must-have for Marshall to maintain their tie-breaking lead over FAU.

FWIW, this morning on VSIN, Pauly said he heard from a very reliable source that there would be a big suspension coming down for La Tech affecting Friday's game. I believe it was four or five starters including their QB. The line is up to 4.5 from I believe 2-ish but I've seen no official word on this yet.
Thx

Confirming Zeke's post:

LA Tech's Smith, Hardy, Jackson all out against Marshall

• 17 hrs ago

As Louisiana Tech tries to win a school-best ninth game in a row, they'll have to do so without quarterback J'mar Smith.

Smith along with wide receiver Adrian Hardy will be unavailable for the next two games. While linebacker James Jackson will miss just one.

Louisiana Tech released this statement: "Quarterback J’Mar Smith (Marshall, UAB), WR Adrian Hardy (Marshall, UAB), and LB James Jackson (Marshall) are unavailable pursuant to athletic department policy. This matter is being handled internally. Neither Coach Holtz nor athletic department officials will address this further."

The Bulldogs are on a eight game winning streak right now and will try to push it to nine against Marshall Friday night at 6pm.

BenchCoach aren’t the you in LA..what’s the inside info on this back up QB? Can this team still score without these role players?

No sweat! This is how Terry Bradshaw broke out! Just seeing this news. Holding a 4 teamer with Tech +3 as the last leg. Watched the line climb past few days in disbelief. It all registers now.

BenchCoach aren’t the you in LA..what’s the inside info on this back up QB? Can this team still score without these role players?

My wife and most all her family graduated from LA Tech. We live just outside Baton Rouge now. Tech is in Rustin which is pretty far off from us in North Louisiana. I wouldn’t go against the Dogs in this one. Could be a bunch of points

Just got home to watch the last few minutes here. Seems like Marshall thought this might be easy and LaTech is out to prove something. That fake punt / trick by Marshall was pretty bad.

^^^This. Is Freddie Kitchens calling their plays tonight... WTF was that mickey mouse shit?

This was a very useful thread. I like to bet La Tech (my biggest bet last week) and as soon as I saw they were getting points I was interested.

What I saw on here was enough to make it a pass.

Playing in the cold at night in the north, opponent amped up, suspension

There was a La Tech thread last week and I like that one too

Back