Marlins vs. Braves NLDS Discussion Thread

Another thing to consider is the times Braves got to Pablo those games were in atl where he allowed a collective ops close to .900! But only a .732 overall so obviously he been lights out against atl away from their park!!

Anderson scares me considering how dominate he was in his 1st ever playoff start but let’s face it I could have shut the reds out! If he great again the ff under should be money. Very tempted to go fish also in case his control problems come back. Love this gritty marlins team. If Fish steal this one then have sixto going game 3 this series gets real interesting real fast!!

It's really fascinating. The Braves probably wanted to bring Anderson up sooner this year, because of the injuries, but he couldn't throw a strike in the alternate camp. That was his one issue in the minors was a high walk rate. But so far since he's been up, it hasn't been an issue. The Marlins have faced him, so hoping they have a better result than Since.

I just thought the Marlins needed to split the first two. Then get Wright and the Braves bullpen the next two. The Braves had to win yesterday IMO. The Marlins did make the Braves uses more bullpen arms than I'm sure the Braves wanted to.

It's really fascinating. The Braves probably wanted to bring Anderson up sooner this year, because of the injuries, but he couldn't throw a strike in the alternate camp. That was his one issue in the minors was a high walk rate. But so far since he's been up, it hasn't been an issue. The Marlins have faced him, so hoping they have a better result than Since.

I just thought the Marlins needed to split the first two. Then get Wright and the Braves bullpen the next two. The Braves had to win yesterday IMO. The Marlins did make the Braves uses more bullpen arms than I'm sure the Braves wanted to.

my guy alcontera was so good thru 6, I def understand bringing him back out cause his count was still good but man if those Braves hitters get to see you a 3rd-4th time they tough! Anderson was still walking 3 per 9 when he came up which still not idea but man he was painting corners against the reds! I’ve been very impressed with marlins approach in these playoffs, they jumped all over Hendricks knowing he throws strikes but then they were incredibly patient vs Yu, credit to the coaching staff. Not sure what they should do here? I think they should just sit dead red on 1st pitch and if they don’t get it take and see if Anderson struggles to find zone, what they can’t do is swing at anything out the zone. I’m pretty confident Pablo can do a good job vs this lineup, as I said above Braves really got to him at home but not so much in Miami. Hoping to get Ff u4.5 and will def be on that and then prob play fish to win game at that price.

my guy alcontera was so good thru 6, I def understand bringing him back out cause his count was still good but man if those Braves hitters get to see you a 3rd-4th time they tough! Anderson was still walking 3 per 9 when he came up which still not idea but man he was painting corners against the reds! I’ve been very impressed with marlins approach in these playoffs, they jumped all over Hendricks knowing he throws strikes but then they were incredibly patient vs Yu, credit to the coaching staff. Not sure what they should do here? I think they should just sit dead red on 1st pitch and if they don’t get it take and see if Anderson struggles to find zone, what they can’t do is swing at anything out the zone. I’m pretty confident Pablo can do a good job vs this lineup, as I said above Braves really got to him at home but not so much in Miami. Hoping to get Ff u4.5 and will def be on that and then prob play fish to win game at that price.

Anderson is the real deal. From 5 miles north of me, in big time MAGA Country! He will not be scared of the moment and deal another gem.
Like many these young stud pitchers with his kind of stuff it comes down to control and executing pitch after pitch! Great start by Lopez! Let’s have a pitchers duel for 5 innings at least!

Last edited:
Braves pitching just too good right now.

they have the added advantage of playing a vastly inferior lineup. Imagine what fish pitchers would do to marlins bats! Lol. I’m pretty sure Braves hitters could squeeze a few across against their pitchers!! Anyways the 1st 5 was cash money baby, never even had a sweat. Don’t recall ever being in a position where one swing could have made it more than 4-0!!!! Can’t believe it was only -105 on the under!!

Sixto 2marro!! Gonna have to look closer into Wright to decide if Ff under is the play, could be a situation where Fish at +money the way to go!??

I’m shocked sixto a dog to wright, fish have roughed him up twice and he a freaking walk machine. Feel better with Ff but I think marlins win this game.

This marlins Ff ml is my favorite dog bet of the playoffs, well yesterday’s Ff under was right there too!!!

Marlins gotta take the same approach they did against Yu and be patient! I know they aggressive but this wright kid will walk guys long as they make him get into the zone!!

Kyle Wright shut down mets and bosox last 2 starts of season and really nobody ever before that.

Sixto did get lit up by Braves recently but he doesnt look like he gives 2 fucks about that

I sense the world on this over

I can’t be confident in either of these pitchers. All I’m confident in on either side of the ball is the Braves bats and the Braves pen.

Contemplating the F5 over today. Gotta think between these 2 pitchers, they give up a combined 5 runs in the F5; one of them could do it on his own.

I’m shocked sixto a dog to wright, fish have roughed him up twice and he a freaking walk machine. Feel better with Ff but I think marlins win this game.
Wondering if it's a bullpen day and setting up the fish line-up like the Yanks tried to do and failed. Let Wright pitch an inning then have another pitcher pitch the next 5 innings a la Happ, but hopefully not with results like Happ. Granted I don't think the fish have a right vs left type of lineup.

Wondering if it's a bullpen day and setting up the fish line-up like the Yanks tried to do and failed. Let Wright pitch an inning then have another pitcher pitch the next 5 innings a la Happ, but hopefully not with results like Happ. Granted I don't think the fish have a right vs left type of lineup.

I just need fish to be patient and take the walks wright will give them, then just one big hit! 2-3 runs and sixto do the rest!!

meh can't get FS1 Streaming to work today so I can watch the game at work. driving me nuts lol.

I’d sure like to see sixto mix in some offspeed early in counts. Braves jumping all over heater in 1st inning. He gonna have to show them the slider early I think.

Fuck cuck fuck. I thought that was going thru the hole on the shift if pitcher didn’t glove it.

I know most of those were balls but he threw a border line high. Border line low. And boarder line outside. Give him one please!!

Back