March Discussion Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
I wanted to start with a few topics @EL CAPO brought up...

4th quarter scoring..

Close, high scoring games go under more times than not in 4th.

TNT games have a lot of 4th quarter dumps as well.

Clippers were due to be "dead" last night off the multiple OT games.

I wanted to start with a few topics @EL CAPO brought up...

4th quarter scoring..

Close, high scoring games go under more times than not in 4th.

TNT games have a lot of 4th quarter dumps as well.

Clippers were due to be "dead" last night off the multiple OT games.

it's amazing this genius Van Gundy didn't bring up that point not 1 time during the game.....as an announcer that's your job to point out the rest disadvantage situations like that. Steve Kerr would of back in the day.

Van Gundy just kept harping "it's not a good thing when ty lue keeps saying to play harder" this is not a good defensive team this point in the year....no wonder Shaq wanted to punch this guy in the face if he kept yelling play harder 1000 times ignoring back 2 backs.

President and GM of the pistons and his team must of not of played hard every night cause he got canned.

I like the Van Gundys but Jeff is the one who needs to be coaching right now. I have no idea why he's not.

it's amazing this genius Van Gundy didn't bring up that point not 1 time during the game.....as an announcer that's your job to point out the rest disadvantage situations like that. Steve Kerr would of back in the day.

Van Gundy just kept harping "it's not a good thing when ty lue keeps saying to play harder" this is not a good defensive team this point in the year....no wonder Shaq wanted to punch this guy in the face if he kept yelling play harder 1000 times ignoring back 2 backs.

President and GM of the pistons and his team must of not of played hard every night cause he got canned.

I like the Van Gundys but Jeff is the one who needs to be coaching right now. I have no idea why he's not.
I used to like the Van Gundys…

I used to like the Van Gundys…
I actually like them calling games because I don't need someone to tell me what I want to hear. Like all of us they're right or wrong, but stand by their suggestions.

As coaches they blow, wouldn't want one at all.

I actually like them calling games because I don't need someone to tell me what I want to hear. Like all of us they're right or wrong, but stand by their suggestions.

As coaches they blow, wouldn't want one at all.
Get Joel Meyers, one of the rare times get the simultaneous cast. Fortunate for me.

Although Jeff better as analyst of the bros for me

Reactions: KJ
You can tell how crappy tonight's card is by the discussion lol

All that being said, Mavs need a win BADLY.

You can tell how crappy tonight's card is by the discussion lol

All that being said, Mavs need a win BADLY.
so sunday the mavs are favored again against the suns ....am i only one surprised by this line ? Suns a different tier then mavs, we just saw what they did at chicago. Not seeing the same situational edge here as last game vs philly. I'm not sold on kyrie on luka either.

Situationally the spot to look is boston imo, lost to knicks very recently, and off embarrassing loss to nets. Knicks are hot, but they not boston.

Clippers need a win BADLY.....and now no morant.

nets laying 7.5 to hornets ? that's alot of points imo for a team of role players. hornets unders without ball keep cashing.

spurs/rockets - was reminded tonight in first half they haven't played defense all year and are over teams. The 2nd half was an under, but I still think an over with these 2 is more then likely.

so sunday the mavs are favored again against the suns ....am i only one surprised by this line ? Suns a different tier then mavs, we just saw what they did at chicago. Not seeing the same situational edge here as last game vs philly. I'm not sold on kyrie on luka either.

Situationally the spot to look is boston imo, lost to knicks very recently, and off embarrassing loss to nets. Knicks are hot, but they not boston.

Clippers need a win BADLY.....and now no morant.

nets laying 7.5 to hornets ? that's alot of points imo for a team of role players. hornets unders without ball keep cashing.

spurs/rockets - was reminded tonight in first half they haven't played defense all year and are over teams. The 2nd half was an under, but I still think an over with these 2 is more then likely.
Spurs are known to drought in 2hs at times as I mentioned a few times last month.

Kinda team to go 65 1h then 42 2h..

I'll peak at others in the morning

Other thought here on the needing games BADLY front......didn't dallas need the lakers and pacers game badly ? Or the heat....this team is tough for me......they gave up 70 in back to back first halfs to knicks and sixers and then you want to take them against the hawks but look at their ats record this year its crap. Dallas and Miami running like a poor 3 point percentage as home favs this year

And so here I am on the clippers today needing a w and it's the same thing.....why do I have faith they can cover 7 ? Team is playinh like ass. I really don't have alot but I took em

And then portland this is a team that needs a game badly vs Magic tnite but I'm fading them

The situational stuff is really not an exact science. I guess the question is when do you know if a team just sucks..or if it's a good spot. The heat I thought both...they suck after sixers and knicks in must wins ...and then still a good spot vs atlanta. But I couldn't take em cause I thought they suck

Last edited:
Other thought here on the needing games BADLY front......didn't dallas need the lakers and pacers game badly ? Or the heat....this team is tough for me......they gave up 70 in back to back first halfs to knicks and sixers and then you want to take them against the hawks but look at their ats record this year its crap. Dallas and Miami running like a poor 3 point percentage as home favs this year

And so here I am on the clippers today needing a w and it's the same thing.....why do I have faith they can cover 7 ? Team is playinh like ass. I really don't have alot but I took em

And then portland this is a team that needs a game badly vs Magic tnite but I'm fading them

The situational stuff is really not an exact science
Situation NBA has died a lot in this era.

Still some spots, but nothing like that past.

Pretty fun to see Book and Luka get a little personal at the end of the game today, need more of that!

Luka right though, kid starts talking a bit late.

Show it in the playoffs.
He was talking to the ref about how it should have been a foul on Luka, then Luka said "shut the fuck up", and Book said "make a fuckin' layup"

Never was talking to that yard barker til he was provoked

He was talking to the ref about how it should have been a foul on Luka, then Luka said "shut the fuck up", and Book said "make a fuckin' layup"

Never was talking to that yard barker til he was provoked
Book needs to keep quiet anytime in the presence of the Mavs, unfortunately.

Luckily he's got a stud to help him this year.

• Haha
Reactions: KJ
Book needs to keep quiet anytime in the presence of the Mavs, unfortunately.

Luckily he's got a stud to help him this year.
Gotcha, don't talk to refs. Ever.

If it's the Mavs. It was hilarious.

Anyone w/DK they're offering Tatum/Brown to score 55+ combined tonight at +100, been laying off the promos lately but like this one quite a bit. I get $50 max bet, some might get more or less. Feel comfortable that at least one goes for 35+

Sixers cannot beat Boston I'm afraid.

If they manage to avoid them in the playoffs then they're winning the East though...

I'll give Philly a bit more credit than earlier in year. Obviously Jojo is amazing and James has settled into a perfect role for his age.

My big thing with Milwaukee right now...

Stop babying Khris. He's been back from injury for weeks now. Get him in starting lineup and stop subbing him out when he's hot.

Embiid the only dude that can 'negate' Janice.

Coach Bud gonna Coach Bud regarding Khris but no real need to put him at risk given how deep the Mucks are.

Surely they ramp up his minutes in the next week or so.

The one certain thing though is the eventual champ is coming out of the Eastern Conference.

Embiid the only dude that can 'negate' Janice.

Coach Bud gonna Coach Bud regarding Khris but no real need to put him at risk given how deep the Mucks are.

Surely they ramp up his minutes in the next week or so.

The one certain thing though is the eventual champ is coming out of the Eastern Conference.
When Durant is healthy they have the best starting 5.

In the east it comes down to coaching. Do we trust DOC ???

247.5 total in Atlanta Friday...

I get it.

Hawks defense last month+ been brutal.

GSW road defense as bad as it gets.

I will track for a discount at some point.

Boston game #4 of 6 game trip.

Shall see if that abysmal loss to Houston woke them up.

In a battle in the division now with lackadaisical play lately. Sixers also on a big swing of road games.

This is winning time.

In a battle in the division now with lackadaisical play lately. Sixers also on a big swing of road games.

This is winning time.
Just a note.

Trip finishes Tues in Sacto.

Sacto on a mini 4 game trip themselves with some east, some west.

Trip ends Monday at Utah.

Should be an interesting cap on Tuesday (Boston last of 6 VS Sacto 1st home of b2b in altitude).

Mavs and Lakers tomorrow night huge in general.

I assume Davis plays? He had his scheduled game off in Houston.

This is winning time.
Now the Pels laying 6 OTR to same Rockets….sure Pels “need” this game but has that mattered as of late?

Now the Pels laying 6 OTR to same Rockets….sure Pels “need” this game but has that mattered as of late?
You know, I was going to comment on that game...

Back in the 2000s that was my thing from last week of March into April was finding matchups like this to pounce on.

I don't see it as effective now, but still to be considered.

Now, rockets have won 2 games this week, which is wild.

This could be a good situational spot for the Pels.

I'll track this one live... Might even be worth tossing in a ML parlay with an NCAA play?

Houston in no danger in the tankathon...

Although not mathematically taken into account yet... Det, Hou and SA are basically locked in to that 14% bracket for lottery balls.

Back