• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

Let's talk Chicago, Charlotte, Toronto and how that could set up a mini super-situation and more....

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
The year is 2024, and over the last decade the NBA has taken away so much of our situational handicapping... even finding the altitude b2b is hardly profitable...

With that being said, finding a spot is still the soul of my handicapping. This may amount to nothing or could be something really good. I stress that I look for any possible way to take advantage of these spots now. That could be pregame betting, live betting or in some cases laying off completely.

So, a refresher...

The 'Super Situation' that I started really attacking back in the 2005 NBA season back at Blankets is pretty simple...

• 5 game road trip opponents on opposite half of country
  • 1 day rest
  • b2b after said rest, home then away.

My philosophy here is that they home game basically turns into another road game. The players arrive back home early on the 'rest' day and then have another game the next night. They promptly then leave for a road game. Basically, this turns a road trip into 2 games longer in my opinion.

I'd say that 5-8 year run of using this was incredible.

So, this rarely happens anymore. But, we do find these sort of embedded into the schedule in different ways. So, let us take a peek at three schedules here upcoming and see how they correlate.

The focus generally would be CHICAGO, but we've added an element here.

Chicago Bulls Schedule

• 1-13 @ San Antonio
  • 1-15 @ Cleveland
  • 1-18 @ Toronto
  • 1-20 vs Milwaukee
  • 1-22 @ Phoenix
  • 1-25 @LA Lakers
  • 1-28 @Portland
  • 1-30 VS TORONTO
  • 1-31 @ Charlotte
  • 2-3 VS SACRAMENTO

Toronto Raptors Schedule

• 1-28 @ Atlanta
  • 1-30 @ Chicago
  • 2-2 @ Houston
  • 2-4 @ Oklahoma City
  • 2-5 @ New Orleans
  • 2-7 @ Charlotte

Charlotte Hornets Schedule

• 1-26 VS HOUSTON
  • 1-27 VS UTAH
  • 1-29 VS NEW YORK
  • 1-31 VS CHICAGO
  • 2-2 @ Oklahoma City
  • 2-4 VS INDIANA
  • 2-5 VS LA LAKERS
  • 2-7 VS TORONTO

So, I started out capping the Bulls schedule. This isn't a true super situation, but I like the elements here....

6 out of 7 on the road
Home for 1 game
Back on the road for one

The road trip on the western part is odd. There are only 3 games, and they are spaced out quite a bit. I am sure they will have some fun time while in L.A.

So, as I capped the Bulls schedule my attention turns to those opponents on the 'home then away' portion of the trip at the end...

Toronto will be starting out what is a pretty long road trip, although they only go one time zone to the West.

Conversely, Charlotte will be in the midst of a nice homestand that ends with the aforementioned Bulls matchup.

Overall, the Hornets play 7 out of 8 games here over a 13 day stretch.

So, what is my INTIAL focus here?

PLAY ON -- Charlotte Hornets on January 31st and February 7th.

My HOPING will be that Bulls come home and have a win vs Toronto on the 30th. That makes the next evening less important overall. They also have a few days off after that. That Hornets game hopefully is more of an afterthought than anything. The Hornets finish the first half of the season with 10 of 12 at home. Despite their struggles, this is the time to grow a bit as a team and record some victories.

On the 7th, the Raptors will be finishing up their 6-game trip. This feels like a true "getaway" game. They'll return home for a stretch of 4 home games before the ASG after the Hornets game.

Now, does that mean I ignore the 1-30 Toronto and Chicago game? No. But I don't think that will have much significance with the layout of the previous 3 road games for Chicago.

Will I play these just as ATS plays? We'll see. These situations are much more fluid nowadays. Who knows who sits out? There are a lot of variables.

With that being said, I think we have a basis to start capping potential plays.

Thoughts? Let's talk shop.

The old "super situation", tonight would be a smaller play on Toronto.

That pesky home game in the middle of the 6 game trip for the Bulls takes away full parameters.

With that being said, the line keeps rising. Our old friend @counselor says the # opened at -4. I just checked and we're at 6.5 right now.

Worth monitoring...

Charlotte has been dreadful as of late, unfortunately.

They lost at Detroit, and have returned home only to lose by DDs all 3 games.

The players were seen laughing and having a good time late in Monday nights loss to NYK after coach was ejected.

Is this a game they rally?

Shall see.

I'll make a small play for sure.

The line is currently +2.5 but I'll wait this out for injury reports.

Charlotte has been dreadful as of late, unfortunately.

They lost at Detroit, and have returned home only to lose by DDs all 3 games.

The players were seen laughing and having a good time late in Monday nights loss to NYK after coach was ejected.

Is this a game they rally?

Shall see.

I'll make a small play for sure.

The line is currently +2.5 but I'll wait this out for injury reports.
I'm down, can't remember the last time betting on Charlotte and Washington in one week. Seems like a recipe for heartburn.

Back