Let's chat Week 8 ML Dogs

Syracuse +250 (highest I see ) - offense for Cuse starting to play better and Pitt coming off a game against the option attack with a huge coastal game against UNC on deck. Just a terrible spot for a Pitt squad who isn't exactly used to loads of success (no offense Gurv). At +250 its tempting

Miami +265 vs Clemson - ugh, I won't bet it b/c I hate to think about it and Clemson has been covering with regularity lately. However this will be the best QB Clemson has seen this year and Miami has the WR to create matchup problems for Clemson's LB crew. I doubt I lay off unless it jumps to closer to 300

Wake +325 vs NCSU - Doeren's offense hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire and Wake will win a home game in a big upset at some point this year. This one looks like a pretty solid candidate at at > 3-1 I think the value is there for taking a shot even though I rate NCSU to cover this thing by PR

Kansas St +245 at Texas - oh this one looks great with Texas having had 2 weeks to pat themselves on the back and Bill Snyder coming off one of the most embarrassing losses of his career. Great value here to go against a Texas team that has played 1 good game all season

Army +255 at Rice - will need to track weather here but a nasty day could/should favor Army. Wouldn't play right now but one to keep an eye on for tomorrow

Auburn +225 at Arkansas - tough to figure out if Auburn's starting to find something but I like Malzahn with two extra days to prepare going up against Bert and his boys off a very physical game against Bama. Solid value at anything over 2-1 IMO

UMASS +545 vs Toledo - I have been higher than most on UMASS all season and aside from last week they don't have a really bad loss on the schedule. Doubt I play the ML but UMASS isn't a bad team and Toledo has NIU on deck (though its in 9 days)

TAMU +200 at Ole Miss - not sure that the return of Tunsil makes up for the other injuries and not sure Nkemdiche is anywhere near 100% or how much he will play. On spread here and would like to see a little better than +200

Duke +140 at VT - simple here, Cutcliffe >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Beamer

Maryland +220 vs Penn St - I have this as PSU -1.5 and Hackenberg sucks. PSU coming off the Ohio St game and traveling to Maryland has a bit of a letdown effect written all over it

Hawaii +260 at Nevada - strictly just see some PR value here and already on spread. This isn't one I want to double down on but Nevada is pretty brutal and it's a good price to go against an awful squad

UCONN +400 at Cinci - Bearcats coming off Memphis, Miami and a road trip to BYU. This is a HUGE let down spot for them and Diaco has UCONN playing hard every game. If Cinci comes out flat and, hey Tuberville is their coach so it's likely to happen, then they'll be in for a dog fight

Kstate - Texas cannot be trusted and Snyder can be trusted. One team consistently makes dumb mistakes and the other consistently overachieves. Problem here is a pretty big talent discrepancy and momentum. Not much value in the ml compared to the spread so it has already been hit some.

Wake - At plus 300 it deserves a look. Brissett is a little fatter and a lot slower, Wolford is a gamer and probable for the game. Wake giving up 4.19 yards per carry and Pack hasn't shown ability to pass yet. Better QB in the game with the home dog in what rates to be a defensive struggle isn't a bad thing and ncstate plays dumb which is always good for ml dogs.

duke 130 or so .... the better team with the better coach, is often a good ml dog.

virginia 620 or so ..... i dont really like it but unc usually finds a place to throw in a stinker and uva did have ndame on the ropes so it isn't like they aren't capable.

indiana 550 ---- Indiana blows a huge lead, michigan state wins a game in a way that will be talked about in two decades long after i am dead and buried. Indiana would fall under the live dog category having good skill players, good scheme and usually high effort. Were inside the ten yardline to force overtime or go for two pt conversion to win against ohio state ... so we know they are capable against a msu team that has been outplayed multiple times in victory already this year. horrible spot for msu .. tempting?

With you on army.

whats the go for Ole Miss at centre? I know the starter is out and the OL hasn't been pretty the last few weeks

Kentucky over Miss St.- Better defense and offensive skill positions. Would push on Dak vs Patty Ice (different skill sets). Just have to have more cow bell.

Forever, the game after UM was always a loss/near loss for Sparty. That has changed a bit.

Gonna be cold and wet. IU will have to be able to pass against the young guys on backend to have chance imo.

Good talk guys
:rofl: Dwight: I really appreciate this thread. Understand your frustration, but keep it coming. I mainly 'tail' in college and this is a perfect thread to focus on particular games.

My view on Texas is that they win; don't think they will take game lightly.

Army - Rice: It's supposed to rain cats & dogs here today. 100% chance -- skies looking bad now, but not started yet. If weather people miss this then never listen again. Its getting lots of coverage, flood watches etc...from the hurricane

like tamu duke hawaii uconn wake maybe army. i could see it with the indiana game especially if the weather gets nasty

Utah obviously. I think USC is a mess and Kessler isn't going to be comfortable in this game. If Kessler has time to make a sandwich in the pocket USC will win, I don't think he'll have time. Utah a little banged up on D as well so that is a concern. But talk of better coach and better team earlier in the thread also applies here. NOT better athletes though.

Back