late night discussion NFL playoffs day 1

You'll probably be on the other side of everyone of these but since you asked......Indy, Baltimore, Philly and the Falcons. Good luck with whatever you pick Sammy!!!

Depending on how this Utah/Lakers 2nd Half goes I'm going large on Zona

50% of whatever my bankroll is at tomorrow by tip...Arizona ML

I have watched every game they have played this season, and quite a few Atlanta ones...this was the PERFECT matchup for the Cardinals

38-21ish IMO

Still debating the late game, probably gonna take Manning and the boys...

capt take it easy brother- 50% of bankroll is crazy---
remember there is always another bus coming, slow down--

explain about zona please

Well, I've been waiting for this game since last Sunday now...actually been waiting for Zonas 1st playoff game for awhile now...and I got the perfect match up

Zona exploits weak secondarys, they have the most accurate passer of all time in Kurt Warner. Atlantas defense is no slouch, but they arent nearly as good as any of the other defenses in the NFC playoffs.

Matt Ryan is human, and this is his first time in the NFL Playoffs, he'll learn it's a completely different ball game.

Zona has been getting ready for this game for 3 weeks, and I love that they barely sold out...they'll give the fans a good show tomorrow

I honestly could not believe that ATL was favored when it came out, but I didn't have a large chunk of money to bet during the week...now it is -1 and I expect it to be -3 by tomorrow, yet everyone is on ATL? (except the early bettors were on Zona)

Zona wins this with ease.

I'll add more of my thoughts on the game in the post below

No need to parlay all 4 teams lol

You can just parlay the two you like tomorrow, and if it hits you got that $$ and can really throw it all on another 2 teamer if you want...

Capt. Slap you need to relax...

We feel the exact opposite over here in the ATL.

Falcons are rolling...Zona struggling...The Cards are the team that Atlanta matches up with best.

If you watched all of Zona's games this year how could you be excited???

Turner and Norwood all day. Mix in a little Roddy and there you go.

Defenses are very similar and right now Kurt Warner is more turnover prone than Matty Ice!

i have to agree ----

and i ask myself which home team tomorrow is going to get outplayed bigtime- just like tampa bay did last year in playoffs vs giants-

another key is that basically zona and chargers are probably not going anywhere in the playiffs

atlanta and colts could surprise and go to super bowl- so if you go by that there is the 2 winners tomorrow colts and falcons

Makes sense why Atlanta fans would be happy

But I am neither a Atlanta fan or a Arizona fan.

I can't be a fan of teams anymore if I want to win money betting, thus being why I probably lose most of my Arizona Wildcat, Providence Friars and URI Ram bets...the only 3 teams I really have an emotional tie to.

Arizona has been looking like shit for the past few weeks, sure...but they knew their seed in the playoffs already and didn't have a shot at #2...

They took the week off in New England, fine...I'll let them have that...and took down a good Seattle team (Seattle played well at the end of the year, no doubt about it) to finish out the season...all while working on adjustments for the playoffs.

I just expect a strong start from the team, similar to Utah tonight....wouldn't be surprised to see Atlanta forced to climb out of a 14-0, 21-0 lead early

Also, I'll take Kurt Warner in the playoffs ANY day over Matty Ice....Warner might throw a pick or two, but he'll put up 400 yards with ease...and make smart, accurate throws

You being on the Falcons goes against almost everything you believe in Sammy...

Shocked you're not all over Warner in this situation

Most accurate QB ever. No question about it. (Sadly not close to the best with some of the other decisions he's made over the years)

Rookie QBS are 2-6 in play-off games. Big Ben (Pitt) and S.King (TB) were the only 2 rookies ever to have won a play-off game. Both guys were backed by top ranked defenses, something the Falcons dont have, but the Ravens do.

Ill probably be on Zona too.

there is a perception that zona has a good offense--- they do not---

zona is playing at home and thier d is 10X better at home than the road-

Kurtis warner meet Johnathan ABraham- he will harrass warner all day long-

warner is very very overrated-- look at what he did vs playoff teams--

he was losing every single game this year- they beat Dallas at home and thats it-

zona offense is the worst by far in the playoffs---

Atl is very good vs the pass and is a smart team. Zona is soft and not built to beat a team like atlanta who is strong in all areas of the game-

Kurt warner unless he gets all day which i dont see will not have a good game, this guy has no arm really left, it shows vs playoff teams which he is easily being outscored at least in the range of 150-20 in the first halfs of those games-

Warner cannot play if he is touched- the games he played well vs the RAMS twice at 49'ers and seahawks he was average- vs dallas he played good- every other game he played hshit--

zona cannot run the ball vs falcons- no way no chance-

if you want to put your money on a one dimensional team that cant run or pass ver well go ahead. IF you take zona you are buying into hype? What has warner done to make us think he is going to start winning playoff games? IF a proper system existed zona would be out and a team like dallas or tbay should be in the playioffs-

warner is all media, he is washed up, you will see falcons will own him tomorrow- he is a touch football qb he cant play tackle anymore its obvious

I was reading until I got to

zona offense is the worst by far in the playoffs---

This is non-sense. There is only one team in the playoffs (The Colts) that can compare offensively...

Rookie QBS are 2-6 in play-off games. Big Ben (Pitt) and S.King (TB) were the only 2 rookies ever to have won a play-off game. Both guys were backed by top ranked defenses, something the Falcons dont have, but the Ravens do.

They were also at home. No rookie QB has ever won a playoff game on the road. Ever.

That has a good chance to change this weekend, but that's the fact. I'm on Arizona, and I'll probably play the over, too, I just hope I don't get bitten. It's high, but I really think both those teams can score. Thing is, with that number being what it is, they both need to. 34-13 doesn't do me any good.

Good looks on that stat T Dot....

Larry Fitz and Anquan Boldin are about to FEAST tomorrow

fitzgerlad and boldin are overrated, they beat up on weak teams, vs good teams where are these guys??? nowhere they dont show up--

atlanta is hot as hell and zona is cold- zona is old and lead by warner-

the fact they talked about warner about MVP is a joke and shoudl tell you to stay away from zona, that is how overrated he is- MVP--

Cap- zona was still trying at the end of the year, they are not a good team, plain and simple they got in by beating the rams and hawks twice-

roddy white is gonna dominate the arizona db's---

warner was exposed vs 9'ers on monday night, pressure him and he is done, the league knows this and all playoff teams kick his ass badly

Sammy's right about one thing, Arizona is not a good team. They've fed off weak teams all year and if there's one thing you worry about it's that the NFC South is strong and the AFC West is weak and it could all fall apart for Arizona tomorrow.

But this is pretty much the one team Arizona wants to play. On the road Atlanta is nothing to write home about. I'm not sure Atlanta can cover Arizona's WRs and I think they'll have to score with them to win.

Gents, there is one important aspect to this Falcons/Cards game that you should consider. FWIW, after the Vikes dominated the cards about a month ago, the coaches for MN talked about how they used different packages and looks to confuse Warner in the pocket. In fact, Warner even admitted after the game that the Vikings safeties did things that he had never seen. That comes from excellent and experienced coaching (Leslie Frazier of the vikes). He is a very good game planner and they certainly have the personnel to run these packages. Does ATL have the ability to duplicate this blueprint? Absolutely not, IMO. The Falcons pass D is very suspect (lower third of the league), and they have nowhere near the pass rush that the vikings do. Because of this, I would have to give a huge edge to the cards through the air. As stated above, Fitz and Boldin will be ready to go tomorrow. Cards play well at home and ATL is average on the road. ATL is the sexy play for all the right reasons. Great feel-good story, but feel-good doesn't win you playoff games in the NFL. Experience goes a long way and the cards have plenty (head coach Wizenhunt has won a super bowl I believe, as had Warner of course). Those are two critical positions to have experience. If the cards take care of the ball, they should win the game SU.

I was reading until I got to

This is non-sense. There is only one team in the playoffs (The Colts) that can compare offensively...

ok where was the zona offense vs eagles--

vs patriots

at Jets

at carolina after scoring 23 EARLY POINTS

VS MINNESOTA

??? THEIR OFFENSE IS COMPLETE RUBBISH

Fitz and Boldin are overrated? C'mon...just stop.

You have the best catching (and maybe best route running) receiver we may have ever seen on one side (Fitz)

& the most physical receiver to ever play in the NFL (Boldin) on the other side....there is no secondary in the NFL that wants to face them

ARIOZONA IS IDENTICAL to texas tech----

they cant run the ball-- put it vs a team that can run the ball in atlanta-- you ahve balance--

if you trust warner to win on his own-- who said atl has no pass rush-??

atlanta is one of the best road teams-- wins at minny and chargers and raiders are not impressive????

warner cannot win on his own, he is done- they are not even in atlantas league-

matt ryan is the real deal, he does not make mistakes, warner does

They're not HOFers, but Fitz and Boldin are as good a WR combination as the NFC has in the playoffs this year. Perhaps as good or better than any WR combo any team has in the playoffs this year.

Not to mention Steve Breaston has been playing like the best #3 in the league for the past 5-6 weeks...

He has been catching everything thrown his way, so has Jeremy Urban...both great after the catch

Zona won't even bother with the run except inside the 20....they'll get Arrington open on screens, but mostly leave Hightower in to block, and I think they'll be bringing in James to block too...

I'm expecting Warner to put up 400+ yards with ease...

ARIOZONA IS IDENTICAL to texas tech----

Texas Tech can run the ball. They were running draw plays for eight to ten yards a pop today. They didn't lose that game on offense, that comparison doesn't work.

Fitz and Boldin are overrated? C'mon...just stop.

You have the best catching (and maybe best route running) receiver we may have ever seen on one side (Fitz)

& the most physical receiver to ever play in the NFL (Boldin) on the other side....there is no secondary in the NFL that wants to face them

Eagles would shut them out to under 10 points if they tried-

giants can also- titans and steelers also--

you dont back into the playoffs with a shit teams and beat a hot team-

you cant run the ball, you have an old qb that stinks, you dont win

They're not HOFers, but Fitz and Boldin are as good a WR combination as the NFC has in the playoffs this year. Perhaps as good or better than any WR combo any team has in the playoffs this year.

Fitz is a Hall of Famer, no question when it's all said and done. You do realize how freakish that right hand of his is right (it might be his left, not sure...but one of those hands truly must have been developed in a lab with tons of stick'em)

They've been preparing for weeks. Can't wait til tomorrow...

I expect the in-game to look something like this;

matt ryan sucks. he clearly lacks the experience thats needed to win in the playoffs and warner has shown that he has what ryan lacks. experience. warner has looked god sent today and ryan looks like john parker wilson. he sucks

You are not a Zona fan my ass.

Everything you are seeing is through rose colored glasses.

Best QB ever , best receivers ever I mean come on capt. That shit is weak.

Boldin banged up...Fitz a pretty boy...Warner a fumble machine. Look again!

Not to mention Steve Breaston has been playing like the best #3 in the league for the past 5-6 weeks...

He has been catching everything thrown his way, so has Jeremy Urban...both great after the catch

Zona won't even bother with the run except inside the 20....they'll get Arrington open on screens, but mostly leave Hightower in to block, and I think they'll be bringing in James to block too...

I'm expecting Warner to put up 400+ yards with ease...

my friend john abraham will crush warner, anyone with speed off the edge and if they get to warner release point, its over-- i am telling you warner cannot throw the ball vs fast pass rushers off the edge--

he cannot do it, hence why he loses to giants, eagles and anyone who knows that- make kurt move and its game over for him-

he needs all day to throw which good teams dont give him- they make him throw it quick--

come on talk serious- they are garabge, blowuts to pats, eagles and viking, they are not even competitive and now you wanna lay with this fun and gun mickey mouse offense?

Fitzy and bolding are non factors in big games casue warner is washed up, they hit him early and he has that confused look on his face

BTW, AZ was 3rd in scoring this year? I know the strength of schedule is an issue, but still, these are NFL players. They can put up points. Cards are 4th in total offense. ATL is 24th in yards allowed. AZ is actually 19th in yards allowed. Falcons are 11th in scoring D (20.3 ppg) and AZ is 28th (26.6 ppg). ATL is also 23rd against the pass, so let's forget they are some juggernaut there...

The funny thing about the AZ/ATL game is that they're actually pretty evenly matched.

The total worries me, though. I feel it looks way too much like a shootout and I'll turn the f**ker on only to see 3-3 at halftime or some s**t.

Eagles would shut them out to under 10 points if they tried-

giants can also- titans and steelers also--

you dont back into the playoffs with a shit teams and beat a hot team-

you cant run the ball, you have an old qb that stinks, you dont win

Ok, so wait until they play the Eagles/Giants/Steelers to bet against them.

Until then, they're playing the Atlanta Falcons. They'll get by them and then probably a rematch with Carolina. I could even see Fitz and Boldin exposing that secondary and leaving with a 3 point win. Then we'll see who they play in the NFC Championship...but prob get dumped on by 21-28+

I think they play the Steelers in the Super Bowl FWIW, only cause I see them beating the Panthers and then the Giants or Vikings in the NFC Championship....both of those teams would be due for a let down

soft teams like zona dont win--

i give zona a semi shot against a team like seattle or the 9'ers in playoffs--

they are one and out, there is no doubt that atlanta expects to kick the shit out of warner tomorrow--

zona players lack heart and they are overrated--

Atl D is one of the best in the NFL-- abraham led the NFL in sacks- he will be finding warner tomororw-

linebacker Keith BRookings, wicked young corner also dominque

You are not a Zona fan my ass.

Everything you are seeing is through rose colored glasses.

Best QB ever , best receivers ever I mean come on capt. That shit is weak.

Boldin banged up...Fitz a pretty boy...Warner a fumble machine. Look again!

Never said Warner was anything near the best. He's not top 10.

I said he's the most accurate QB ever, and you won't find a debate from your favorite analysts' favorite analysts' on that one. Plenty of us know Warner is the most accurate ever, but that feat alone doesn't make a QB the greatest.

I am not an Arizona fan. I just happen to live their and watch the team. You however are an Atlanta fan...so I understand why youre getting upset at my statements.

Any knowledgeable NFL fan knows how scary the combo of Fitz/Boldin is. There is not one secondary in the NFL that will tell you they'd want to face them. There is also not a single defensive co-ordinator in the NFL that would say any combo of WR's is better than Boldin/Fitz. The Colts are the only team with a scarier WR core, and thats because of Manning and Manning only.

Not sure what your last sentence in the post I quoted above was even talking about, but good luck :tiphat:

Let's just tell it like it is on Warner.

If you give him time, he will absolutely eat you apart. He just will.

But if you put pressure on him, sort of like Peyton, he'll make bad decisions and bad throws (like most QBs in this regard, but in Warner's case, these throws generally lead to turnovers, not just killed drives).

Last, he has trouble holding onto the football and generally holds onto the football too long. Which is a recipe for disaster. If his line gives him time tomorrow, Capt. may be right and this game may not be very close at all. But if the Falcons can generate a pretty decent pass rush, AZ's likely going to have to overcome turnovers to win.

Ok, so wait until they play the Eagles/Giants/Steelers to bet against them.

Until then, they're playing the Atlanta Falcons. They'll get by them and then probably a rematch with Carolina. I could even see Fitz and Boldin exposing that secondary and leaving with a 3 point win. Then we'll see who they play in the NFC Championship...but prob get dumped on by 21-28+

I think they play the Steelers in the Super Bowl FWIW, only cause I see them beating the Panthers and then the Giants or Vikings in the NFC Championship....both of those teams would be due for a let down

I actually do think they could hang with carolina, but there is no way AZ can go on the road to PHI, MN, or NYG and win - especially outdoors. We saw what happened to them on thanksgiving in PHI and the snow game against the Pats. They are just not a good road team, period.

cap remember that players that play for zona dont really care about football--

players in real football towns care- steeelers, colts, eagles, zona does not belong and will get ousted--

half the time zona just quits, they quit so many times this year--

zona has a shot on D, thier D i will say is pretty good at home, much better than their road D which may be as bad as the rams on the road--

however thier O is overrated--

every playoff team had them down by 3 td's in first halves of games, good teams dont let that happen over and over

Preparing for the playoffs by losing games????

Must win against Seattle in their last game.

6-0 in the division 3-7 against everyone else!!!!!
Rams twice, Seattle twice, 49ers twice those are six of their wins.

Don't even try a comparison to Bama, you better bet your ass the Falcons are excited to be where they are. They will be ready. Teams that can run the ball always do well in the playoffs.

I actually do think they could hang with carolina, but there is no way AZ can go on the road to PHI, MN, or NYG and win - especially outdoors. We saw what happened to them on thanksgiving in PHI and the snow game against the Pats. They are just not a good road team, period.

Well they wouldn't go on the road against Philly or Minnesota right? I think they could get lucky vs. Giants, it'll just be cold and Giants just have too many issues, they'd be due for that upset.

I agree they couldn't win in Philly, or probably even Minnesota though...

The Colts are the only team with a scarier WR core, and thats because of Manning and Manning only.

True, but only if you're including Clark in there. Harrison's suddenly past his prime and doesn't scare me. Take out Clark and you've only got Gonzalez and Wayne and I'd rather face them than Boldin and Fitz--but you're right, that's removing Manning from the equation.

I agree they couldn't win in Philly, or probably even Minnesota though...

The Eagles would hand them their *ss again in Philly, but may very well lose outright in the desert. That's just the way that damn team is made up right now.

:36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6::36_11_6:

Now that is some funny shit!!!

Ya without Manning they aren't even close...they got Wayne, and Gonzales doesn't look like he'll ever be more than a #3....although Breaston is the perfect #3 for Zona...

joe p called it correct--

warner with time makes completions- however i dont see any way he gets time with abraham off the edge, they get in his peripheral vision and he is stuck watching the pass rushers and his eyes are not downfield-

warner is a slow runner, atlanta is good at pressuring and disrupting qb's--

they did it to rivers and better teams-- zona is just a shit team that everyone loves to take cause they have dreams of warner and how good he is--

Truth is in this game, matt ryan had a much better season than warner and is playing better football with a better team with a lethal running game- those are facts, if you bet zona consider that

Back