Last day of the season

SF_capper

CTG addict
theme: play young teams playing hard for their final game, fade complacent teams in their final game before summer, no difference bw 6/7 in the west, the western heads will fight for hca

Atlanta at Memphis
this fits in the young team playing against Atlanta who should give similar minutes as yesterday, maybe less. Yesterday was a home game so they might've felt somewhat obligated to show the stars, here they are literally playing for nothing. Memphis has been playing improved ball and should want to win this final game esp in front of their fans to keep spirits up for next season:
Memphis -7- 2 W

New Jersey @ New York
Just think New York has shown all year that they're the type of team to not care about these type of games while Jersey has shown fight. Lot of young talent on New Jersey playing their final game of their NBA season and should look to capitalize. worth a small play:
New Jersey +155- risking 2 L

Toronto @ Chicago
well toronto ended their season nicely with that rally and game winner by bosh. Although everyone knows chicago is set at the 6 as philly isnt winning at cleveland, I'd imagine chicago doesn't put anything up to chance and gets to the raps from the start. Last game, Toronto jumped on them early, chicago rallied back to fall short. Dont think they allow that to happen, and can imagine Toronto still hung over both physically and emotionally from that W.:
Chicago 1st H -5 -105- 2 L
Chicago -9- 2 L

New Orleans at San Antonio
i believe: if new orleans wins- they clinch 6. I believe if San Antonio wins, they get 1st rd HCA. home dominated mostly for the series. This yr nola has won twice with the most recent being the debacle with the clock and foul and stuff. Basically jsut think this game means more to SA than new orleans. There isn't much of a dfference for nola bw 6/7 and they know it. yes beating SA is important, but probably not something they'll gun all out for. New Orleans has been a dissapointment team hobbling into the playoffs to likely see a 1st rd exit. HCA means enough to SA that they'll fight for it. Just the better team laying medium chalk playing for a bit more
San Antonio -8- 2 L last missed ft :(
2nd H San Antonio -6.5 -105- 4 W

Milwaukee @ Indiana
Congratulations Milwaukee. won you're home finale and end your 08-09 season on a winning note. I doubt they come to this game while Indiana will look to leave their fans with a W and hope as a couple bad teams have done thus far. Expect Indiana to lay it on early and hard as they've done at home when motivated to do so.
Indiana 1st H -4.5 -105- 2 W
Indiana -8- 2 last missed ft :( L
2nd H Indiana -2.5- 3 L

houston @ Dallas
similar to thoughts on the SA/New Orleans. Just dont think Dallas will be especially pumped to fight for 6th seed while Houston is gunning for the division and HCA. Better team imo getting +money with more motivation is a nice play for me
Houston -1- 3 L
2nd H Houston +2- 2 L

OKC @ LAC
OKC has shown heart this season: bunch of young players with no expectations that have fought hard in most of their games should try to end their season on a high note heading into the off-season. The opposite can be said about the Clippers and I can imagine most of the players are already on vacation.I mean its our last chance to fade the clips all season- I cant turn that down
Oklahoma City -2 -105- 3 W
others:
Indiana, Chicago, San Antonio ML Parlay -114ish- 4 L
Philly -3 -107- 3 L
2nd H Philly -3.5-4 W
2nd H portland pk- 3 W
--2nd H Portland -1 +100- 3 W
3rd Q Portland -.5-2 L

so far:
7-11

Last edited:
and I havnt read up on cleveland's plans for minutes, but -2??? I can't imagine they turn down history

I thought that was a litle low, based on the same reason.

like the pacers as well, and lean to the celtics vs wiz.

eh

CLEVELAND -- Wednesday night is your night, Cavaliers fans.
The team will salute you on Fan Appreciation Night at The Q. But All-Star and chief choreographer LeBron James will join you on the sidelines for the season finale against the Philadelphia 76ers. Zydrunas Ilgauskas probably will, too. Regulars such as Mo Williams and Wally Szczerbiak might not play much either.

Yes, the Cavs realize they have a shot at tying the NBA home-court record at 40-1. It's just that they have bigger things planned for you down the road.

"We have to do what's best for the ring," said James, who likely will continue to orchestrate the team's introductory and celebratory routines from a spot near coach Mike Brown on the bench.

The ring, of course, refers to the world championship ring that comes with an NBA title -- the one goal the team has espoused since losing to the Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference semifinals last spring. The Cavs already took a big step in that direction by clinching the best record in the NBA and the home-court advantage throughout what they hope will be a long -- and successful -- postseason.

But what good will that advantage be should someone get hurt in the meaningless regular-season finale?

eh ok I did my work and hopefully it pays off. Set my alarm clock to 4:45 PST so I probably be in to answer any questions

oh regarding portland. I wanted Portland but -8 was too steep for me. I see it droppin now but probably wont be enough for me. I expect a close 1st H even a denver lead so lookin for portland 2nd H

SF- Bulls no show?

I thought they were coming back hard, but the truth is that this raps team is better than half the playoff teams in the east--

they are better than philly and bulls IMO-
Bosh is such a piece of shit, he plays graet when nothing is on the line and his contract is up for negotations- otherwise he sucks siht and is soft-

What a joke, need this Bulls team to come back, but Calderone, Bosh and the rest of retards are playing hot ball and look like they are having fun and can beat anyone in the league except for good western teams-
raps always do well vs eastern teams and they are doing it late beating all the eastern teams that they generally own.

Philly 2nd H -3.5 -105- 3

my guess- they goto locker room see that chicago is getting slapped around and get pumped.

SF- Bulls no show?

I thought they were coming back hard, but the truth is that this raps team is better than half the playoff teams in the east--

they are better than philly and bulls IMO-
Bosh is such a piece of shit, he plays graet when nothing is on the line and his contract is up for negotations- otherwise he sucks siht and is soft-

What a joke, need this Bulls team to come back, but Calderone, Bosh and the rest of retards are playing hot ball and look like they are having fun and can beat anyone in the league except for good western teams-
raps always do well vs eastern teams and they are doing it late beating all the eastern teams that they generally own.

pretty dissapointing with chicago. I obviously really hope they rally to comeback, but I'm not gonna burn more of my money on them in a game they apparently do not care much about

Yeah its the pressure thing-- Good teams handle pressure well and bad teams dont--

Houston is handling pressure and they are a good team-----

All bad teams dont handle pressure ie Philly and Bulls because they SUCK and dont handle pressure at all---

It comes down to handling pressure and only good teams can do that I think--

This is something that I think I am on to---

If a team is bad, pressure will never make them play better or WIN cause they are not good to begin with---

Only a good team can handle pressure I believe.

wow fml. jarret jack missed a ft 5 seconds left- lose indi -8 by a pt
parker missed a ft 10 seconds left-lose sa -8 by a pt
andre miller misses BOTH fts, 4 seconds left lose philly by 2

vegas raped us all..... phili, heat, and spurs - thanks for the fking OTs that fked up my Under plays. I hope you all injured yourselves in the playoffs.

sfcapper - thanks for the reminder on fading the clippers. didn't bet the full game, but jumped on the 2h ride!
:cheers:

heh good shit. hit a big unposted IPL portland 4th Q bet so finished strong

Figured today would be funny but eh

playoffs are here and I'm more excited than ever

Back