KSimp Week 7

Here are some notes from intel gathered today...
-I don’t think there’s an official frontrunner for the position and there won’t be for a while as USC is gathering information, forming a search consultation committee, reaching out to a search committee (expected to be Eastman & Beaudine out of the Dallas area), contacting candidates through third parties, etc. That process will take some time. That being said, the process has indeed begun.

-I will say that I agree with the Vegas odds on the position in terms of “best odds right now” and think Kirby Smart is the “early favorite” to land the job. Smart has been eyeing the position for several years now and several significant “behind-the-scenes” players at South Carolina are promoting his candidacy based on the staff he could build, his reputation as a sterling recruiter and his experience in the SEC.

-A contact within the University of Houston football program believes that there’s only a “very slim chance” that Cougars head coach Tom Herman would have interest in the South Carolina job and leave UofH after just one season. The opening at Southern California could be enough to get him to bolt after a year should the Trojans decide he’s their guy, but USC’s rich history (it’s the best job in the Pac-12 and one of the best in the country) and Herman’s ties to the Los Angeles area make it a possibility.

-Three separate contacts raved about Memphis head coach Justin Fuente today. Both were familiar with him during his time at TCU and his current gig. “If (South Carolina) hires Justin Fuente, they will win the SEC Championship” was one of the quotes. The other: “South Carolina needs to hire the best football coach and that guy is one of the best in the country.”A third source within the TCU program... “During his time (here), he was known as the offensive version of Gary Patterson. He is very intense and meticulous. It was well-known he was running the show on offense and there was a big void when he left (of course, TCU ended up adding its current co-offensive coordinators before last season and it trended back up). If he could hit the ground running recruiting, it would be hard to get a much better ball coach. Give him three years and he will likely be rolling.”

Also of note- the same search firm that USC is likely to consult is the one that landed Fuente at Memphis (per USA Today).

-There are reports that former South Carolina assistant and current Dallas Cowboys assistant head coach/special teams coordinator Rich Bisaccia could be a candidate for the job. Bisaccia has an excellent reputation and ties to the Gamecocks program. He’s not a name I’ve personally heard a whole lot about behind the scenes from USC directly, but he’s a guy to keep an eye on nonetheless.

-A contact on another SEC staff said this today about the South Carolina job... “It’s a goldmine if (the new staff) works it in recruiting.”

.5u Midd Tenn St -10

line moved when I hit it sadly. meant to do this earlier in the week whoops

another .5u Ball St -13.5
damn looks like walters slapped the dog there. money may be in jeap, lets hope it was a fake. last few weeks moves like that have paid me because I have been against RAS but with Ball St against Walters may be a diff story unless he is setting up. I am having trouble seeing it with Ball St scoring but maybe after the way they played last week people see vaue in the points.

two jenk back door TDS in 1st H and at end of the game to crush my winning 20+u. I win a few with the first half being weighted but damn that could have been free ride for the weekend. Sadest part of that is it is situational and not indicative of on field match ups. team starts to pull starters and then they back door. Sad. Also the TD at end of the first hurt bad.

Last edited:
Late to thread reading but good stuff...sucks how you lost the big one...GL all weekend...

i posted some parlays and some plays kind of drunk last night after the bar haha I will post them here in a bit. Mostly stuff for tonights games, cinci +7, another little dabble on Houston, Over in boise and cinci and a parlay for that stuff as well. I am on the road for a few more hours then I will update everything

Last edited:
last nights drunken plays
Stanford, Michigan, App St
.5u Cinci +7
.5u Florida +7.5
.5u Cinci/BYU O65. Houston -19, Boise -7, Boise/UtSt O48, UNLV to win 5u
.5u Houston -19
Cinci/BYU O66
Boise/UtahSt O49
1u Midd Tenn -9.5, AFA -3, So Miss -7, App St -12.5 to win 7.65u

actually not a bad set haha

.5u Virginia -7

may as well make some money if they are going to win a game. Their defense at home should be enough to help cover this though the offense worries me some.

rapid fire sesh is over hahah. Gotta get cleaned up and will come back to make some more plays before heading out for the night. Got to take the lady to the Fair hahaha

an amazing # if that's a TT....gl simp
corrected it, it is a TT 1H O14 on Bookmaker. I actually put another unit on it surprised to still see it there. Don't play the props all the time but that seemed pretty manageable.

.5u Tulane +21.5

it got to 21 so I bought the half and will play the half a unit here. Could middle on my -19 and -19 potentially, or cover some losses if I'm on the wrong end

a few parlays, not many 100% confidence MLers this week for the rotations

all .5u

Boise, Ball St, ECU
Ball St, ECU
Boise, ECU
Boise, Ball St

2H Boise -10 EV 2u

damn thing jumped right as I hit it. Let's gamble, i got mad tennis winnings this week. Can't get any worse for them on the TO front

Back