Kentucky Oaks/Derby Discussion

I use xpressbets after starting at DRF

Not until this year could we bet online in AZ always had to call in wagers
I'll Be Honest...I Thought Xpressbet Went Out Of Business YEARS Back. I Was Using Em In The 90's!

I Know. I Loved Em. I Had Stock In Em. But Then It Was Bought Out And My Shares Turned Into CHDN
So Maybe I Thought They Went Out Of Business? Who Knows... ANYWAYS... GL Brother!
Got me dizzy, getting texts all over about the 3

I like 6/12 and a couple others 10, 15, 16

Wide open race

Did 6 w/p

and 6/10 over 1/3/6/10

Not life changing cash, want to see an awesome race

EX Part Wheel

3,6,9,12,16/ 3,5,6,9,12,16

Been too bust to follow TC trail this year and haven't seen any preps so my opinion not very solid. Just hope theyve had 24 hr round the clock surveillance on Baffert horses.

I Used To Throw Bomb Ass Kentucky Derby Parties.
I'd Go To Bay Meadows In The Morning And Make Everyone's Wagers
Made Mint Julips, Bought Cups And Napkin And Glasses At The Derby Website...
Now?! Everyone Is Grown Up/Doesn't Like Racing/Moved Etc. And Just One Friend And I Watching.
So Just Wanna Thanks Guys...Enjoyed Chatting With You Today.
:shake:

Actually glad when I only lose $30 on a race like this. When 5/1 is the favorite, this is what happens

Rare sports moment where I shed a tear
It’s rare in sports to have such an unlikely winner… it’s one of many things that makes horse racing unique.

Reading about the horse and jockey and it is unreal. The jockey was up at Belterra Park in Cincy running $5k claimers on FRIDAY. Probably took the Megabus down Saturday AM….that was his only mount on the day.
Once we can all get over the losses the stories on longshots are awesome usually

All the more impressive since Colmus completely missed him closing in while focusing on Simplification on the outside. Frank Merahmadi would've seen him at the 1/16th pole.

In reality, the jocks best move was getting near the rail early. As he comes down the stretch, things pretty much opened up for him. I think Messier tiring gave him space to get through. Seen many times when you get stuck behind tiring horses even though you have a lot of horse left…great ride but lots of racing luck too…

All the more impressive since Colmus completely missed him closing in while focusing on Simplification on the outside. Frank Merahmadi would've seen him at the 1/16th pole.
I have no idea what this means, but now it's my dream to spend a day at a Racebook with you

In reality, the jocks best move was getting near the rail early. As he comes down the stretch, things pretty much opened up for him. I think Messier tiring gave him space to get through. Seen many times when you get stuck behind tiring horses even though you have a lot of horse left…great ride but lots of racing luck too…
That luck is why this overhead will be watched for years. There were several things that had to go his way, splitting the two horses before he closed is just everything most of us love about sport.

That luck is why this overhead will be watched for years. There were several things that had to go his way, splitting the two horses before he closed is just everything most of us love about sport.
I'm a novice but I'm still convinced that horse didn't know wtf was going on and thought he was chasing a rabbit or something

But yeah, I've watched that overhead atleast 50+ times

Yeah looked like he would be stuck behind Taiba with Classic Causeway and Simplification boxing him in on both sides. Then Tawny Port and Taiba both were able to fill the hole Zandon left as he moved forward and Rich Strike kept his momentum going. When Tawny Port drifted out that gave Rich Strike the rail for the first half of the stretch. He was fortunate that Messier didn't tire quite as fast as Crown Pride and was able to split them near the 1/8th pole and from there it was wide open.

The run Zandon had to make in the stretch was almost as impressive. He shifted from the rail out about 6 paths to get open ground to run at Epicenter. Ground loss probably cost him 2nd.

Epicenter was also gallant in defeat, as he ran about 23 & 46&2 for the first two calls yet was able to find more and finish 2nd. The only horse that was ahead of him at the halfway point of the race that finished in the top 10 was Zozos, who ran 10th.

Remember Zozos for the future, he had a Oxbow type run in the Derby. If he enters the Preakness watch out.

Back