Kentucky/Florida??

S

SoonerBS

Kentucky is catching +23 points here in a "sandwich" spot for Florida. Anybody see any value in Kentucky here?

It fucking blows to be a UK football fan. This is the type shit we get excited about. For the first time since 1987, UK is 1-0 in the SEC!! Rich Brooks had never beaten another SEC opponent other than Miss. St. and Vandy until Saturday’s home win versus Ole Miss… QB Andre Woodson has started off the year with an impressive 9-1 td-int ratio to go along with 718 yards by air… The 6’5 Woodson is not as fleet footed as he appears, but throws a nice ball. Last year, he showed no pocket presence whatsoever and looked lost…. The difference so far this year is that he’s been standing tall against the rush and has made better decisions on when to throw the ball away. He’s also received better pass protection lately, but I think Florida’s pressure will be too much for our line to handle and he’ll take the type of pounding he grew accustomed to last season…. He has a few capable receivers in Lyons Jr. and Burton…. our athletic backup QB Curtis Pulley, who I compare to a Reggie McNeal, even had a TD grab Sat. We have two versatile RB’s in Little and Dixon. The O-line will have a tough job ahead against a Gator squad who held Tenn to –11 rushing… The key to this game imo is Kentucky establishing some type of run offense in order to open up the pass, which UF will undoubtedly be preparing for all week. UK is 4-0 ATS against Florida since 2002. This game is being televised on ESPN. I can see UK possibly sneaking a backdoor here, but to stay within 20 the defense will have to play over their heads. Don’t count on it. If we come out flat, it’ll be the Louisville game all over again.

Thanks for the input, Grind, I appreciate it!
beer.gif

No prob SoonerBS.

A few more notes for this one....

Running back Rafael Little is questionable with turf toe and a bruised knee... starting center Matt McCutchan is also Q with a high ankle sprain (the backup center just blew out his knee a few days ago)

Two headlines to make note of in the local paper:

Brooks unhappy with D-line

Injuries threaten running game

Not a good sign for Kentucky...

I like UK. They are able to score, + Floridas best wr and threat on offense is hampered with an injury.

UK or no play in this one.

HUGE sandwich and UK is 4-0 ATS against Florida last 4 years due to other sandwich games. Big backdoor cover action.

Not sure if Percy is playing or not. If he plays i think they cover.

You have to remember that once Leak is out, Tebow is in. That guy can and will run all over Kentucky when he is in.

That, combined with Little being questionable, its really not a sure "sandwhich game" win in my opinion.

SOONER,

I would wait until later in week on this one. I want to see the injury status later in the week. i expect the to go up, not down.

I listened to the Rich Brooks show yesterday, they are working on defensive scheme for the 4 wide out formations. He was talking about 1 linebacker sets and 2 linebacker set for 3 wides. look for Micah Johnson to get a little more involved. Obviously UK getting Myron Pryor back last week helped, and Ricky Abrhams is getting back to 100%. I expect Pulley the back up QB to play alot in the slot when they line up 3 wide, look for some surprises with him on end arounds and him passing the ball. Remember Tenn only real score came on the WR pass.

I am leaning to UK in this one, just not ready to pull the trigger.:cheers:

Thanks, Catfan, I will wait because this week's card is one of those cards that I really need to watch the lines on and obtain all the info I can. I'll be mostly on dogs this week and I like that Florida is in a sandwich spot here.

Good informative thread fellas.

Very nice thoughts Grind.

I agree could be sandwich spot but that Florida defense is fuckin tough this year.

Interesting RJ..hmmm.

Back