Kentucky Derby 2018

My A-B-Cs for the stakes (assuming fast-firm):

Race 5 A-6,8 B-5,9 C-10
Race 6 A-1,3,5,8 B-4 C-none
Race 7 A-1,3,6,11 B-2,4,8 C-7,9 (confounding race)
Race 8 A-3,7,10 B-1,5 C-none
Race 9 A-1,6 B-3,10,11 C-2,9
Race 10 A-1,5,8,12 B-7,14 C-11
Race 11 A-1,7,10 B-none C-3,5
Derby A-5,7 B-6,18 C-11
Winner in red, ITM in black bold. Had a great start until the steady rain eventually saturated both tracks. Tenth race was about as bizarre a result as I can remember, six of the top seven finishers went off at greater than 20-1 odds. Thankfully cream rose to the top in the Derby.

Great run for the 7
Just for comparison, in 2013 Palace Malice ran off in 22.57 and 45.33. Goldencents and Verrazano, two very talented colts with odds in single digits, tracked more than 3 lengths behind the pace in the top 4 and ended up finishing 15th and 18th. Justify was within a half length of the 22.24 and 45.77 pace of Promises Fulfilled and WON by 2 1/2.

Final time was actually pretty slow, 2:04.20, which was about 6 lengths slower than Orb's winning time in 2013, which just goes to show how there was a lack of serious closers this year (remember Orb was the favorite that year). The last six horses at the half mile pole, Lone Sailor, Hofburg, Instilled Regard, Vino Rosso, My Boy Jack and Solomini all finished as also rans between 4th and 10th with the longest shot finishing best!

I don't see anyone derailing this horse's Triple Crown bid as long as he stays sound. He'll do well at Pimlico and with his size I see a wire job at the Belmont similar to Pharoah.

Winner in red, ITM in black bold. Had a great start until the steady rain eventually saturated both tracks. Tenth race was about as bizarre a result as I can remember, six of the top seven finishers went off at greater than 20-1 odds. Thankfully cream rose to the top in the Derby.
Oh I tailed and cashed a Pick 4
Thank you again Gandy. You were seeing it well AS ALWAYS
Look fwd to you Preakness plays.

One other note, can we put the UAE derby winner back into the toss category for awhile? 6-1!?! My oh my.

Back