Kentucky Derby 2018

My one question on My Boy Jack is how much does that last race take out of him? He had to win that race to get in the Derby. I thought he had to use a lot to get by Telekinesis when he looked like he was gonna win a lot easier. He sure didn't gallop out either past the wire. And it was only 3 weeks ago.

He does fit the profile profile to hit the board. It's hard to look past that move he made in the LA Derby around the turn. It was quite impressive. Now can he do it at 1 1/4?

Thanks Treddy, Bolt is an outstanding talent, should be primed for his best effort in his 3rd race off the layoff. I'll be using him a lot in my tri's and super's.

Thinking of playing various two horse keyed tri's, mixing and matching Justify, Audible, Bolt, Vino Rosso and Good Magic in Win/Place and Win/Show spots, using a bunch of others to fill out the remaining spot. You can play these pairs with 10 in the last spot for $20 bucks at the fifty cent price: 2x1x10, 2x10x1.

Listen to Steve Byk's show on derbytrail.com. He's live onsite today 9am-12pm, will be getting opinions from a lot of sharp handicappers today. His archives for the week also have some good stuff.

My A-B-Cs for Fri races 7-11 (figuring fast track):

Race 7 A- 7,9,10 B- 8 C- 1,5
Race 8 A- 1,4 B- 5,8 C- 3
Race 9 A- 2,3,4,6 B- 9,10 C- 5
Race 10 A- 3,11 B- 7 C- 2,6
Race 11 A- 10,14 B- 13 C- 2,3,11

Oaks-Forester-Derby A-B-Cs

Oaks A- 10,14 B- 13 C- 2,3,11
Forester A- 1,7,10 B-none C-3,5
Derby A- 5,7 B- 6,18 C- 11

Great stuff, thank you guys for the excellent info and GL on your plays.

My 86 year old Mother says Good Magic is going to win. Probably more likely than any of my analysis so gonna tail her.
The one thing about Good Magic is all of 20 horses I think he has been put in the best spot to run his best race on Saturday. Don't know if that will be good enough but it does give me confidence in using him.

What was the finishing order? Im stuck in traffic. Was going to go large on Monomoy so I'm already upset. Couldnt get to the track today was too busy at work. Damnit

I think I'll try and beat Midnight Bisou in the exotics. Monomoy Girl looks like the goods. 14 hole doesn't help, but I think she can overcome it. Gonna try and sneak Wonder Gadot and Eskimo Kisses in with her.

Have to admit though, my focus has been the Derby. Haven't watched as much of the fillies this year.

Sure as hell didn't need Midnight Bisou running 3rd.

My A-B-Cs for the stakes (assuming fast-firm):

Race 5 A-6,8 B-5,9 C-10
Race 6 A-1,3,5,8 B-4 C-none
Race 7 A-1,3,6,11 B-2,4,8 C-7,9 (confounding race)
Race 8 A-3,7,10 B-1,5 C-none
Race 9 A-1,6 B-3,10,11 C-2,9
Race 10 A-1,5,8,12 B-7,14 C-11
Race 11 A-1,7,10 B-none C-3,5
Derby A-5,7 B-6,18 C-11

No thank you on My Boy Jack. He was life and death to beat an overmatched field last time. Too quick a turnaround IMO. Used too much last time.

Weather forecast looks pretty good for Louisville next Saturday. No off track this year.

Post Positon draw is Tuesday at roughly 11:00 am.

Weather forecast looks pretty good for Louisville next Saturday. No off track this year.

Post Positon draw is Tuesday at roughly 11:00 am.

Already taking a L on this one. The track can hold alot of water. Still don't think it will be as muddy as last year but we shall see.

Louisville has slow moving lingering thunderstorms all around. Looks to be hit or miss until at least late evening around 9pm

Back