Just got back from Austin

SHSUHorn

Thief
and the hospital. My buddies and I got into a huge bar fight on 6th St after the game like out of a scene from Roadhouse. Had to get some stitches over my eye were I got blindsided. Funny thing is your probably thinking it was with Buckeye fans and it was actually with a bunch of Aggie fans that came up to the game. Unbelievable. These guys bought tickets to come to Austin to watch Texas lose. Pretty interesting since I didn't know A&M and tOSU were the same school system.

Anyway great, great atmosphere for about a half but the stadium got pretty silent when the Buckeyes went up 17-7. Many would say that is too early to call it in but it was just scary to us Texas fans watching the exact no balls, conservative offense UT ran before VY arrived. Damn scary. I know you have FS at QB but could you please throw the ball 5 yards past the line of scrimmage.

I thought the biggest mismatch would be the Texas running game vs OSU and while it was effective it was nowhere close to the mismatch of OSU WRs vs Texas secondary when Marcus Griffin went down in the first quarter. I didn't think the suspensions of CB Terrell Brown and S Tyrell Gatewood would matter but damn! When Marcus went down Texas had to put a true frosh in the game for majority of the snaps at FS. Then you have Foster replacing Brown getting burned all over the place. I made it a point to watch the secondary during the first half and these guys had no idea what they were doing out there. They couldn't understand the signals from the sidelines and looked confused when getting the play. Gonzalez was 10 yards open on almost every pass play as it seemed all 4 guys in the secondary wanted to watch Ginn. If T. Brown doesn't come back Texas Tech may do a number on Texas if they don't get this corrected.

Anyway hats off to tOSU and the guys on here (jump, twita, yessir) I drank the Colt Mccoy koolaid and got burned on it. tOSU was the better team and Tressel outcoached Mack in every phase. It was actually quite impressive to watch.

Once again congrats and this looks like its going to be your year!

That's nuts....hopefully they looked worse than you did when you were finished...

I was impressed by Tressel as well...once they saw the mismatch you're talking about, he really just stayed w/ it...I was most impressed by him/bollman not tipping their hand...we ran little to no endarounds, qb keeps, bubbles, gadgets...they left a lot in the bag for big games w/ PSU and at Iowa this month, and that's real encouraging...

Our defense tackled much better, and should improve...still some work to do, but the front four looked very good...and most impressively, our offensive line showed the improvement that the coaches have been talking about ...Robison and Crowder weren't factors in the game, and that's what I was hoping to see...a group that's really gelled up front....everyone is talking about the back four or seven...but if tOSU is going to get it done, it's going to be up front on offense and defense where it happens...

Croc69wheat said:
Thanks......GO BUCKS.....OH

IO....

Thanks Horn for having class! I think the biggest problem that faces my Buckeyes is the kicking game. We cannot think that we will blowout every team. Even if we play an inferior team, it still could be a close game. We must inprove or it could be bad news for us

horn:cheers:
Buckeye Fans:smiley_acbe:

YesSir said:
IO....

Thanks Horn for having class! I think the biggest problem that faces my Buckeyes is the kicking game. We cannot think that we will blowout every team. Even if we play an inferior team, it still could be a close game. We must inprove or it could be bad news for us

horn:cheers:
Buckeye Fans:smiley_acbe:

Yeah we dont kick so fucking good lmfao.

Glad to hear you're ok, Horn...granted with a few stitches but you're ok.

Get better and we'll be back on track with Rice, ISU, and SHSU before kicking the shit out of OU.

Hell horn - Big 10 fans wouldn't be fighting with you... they'd be more interested in beer and tail... down south the girls be lookin' better than the water buffalo we have up here...

Ole Miss and UGA have the finest girls in the SEC trust me ive been to all the campuses. Texas has some hot ones..

Damn, SHSU Horn, hope all is well

Like yourself (as you may remember) I'm a UT-ex, but I played the Buckeyes.

Almost solely based my play on the discrepancy at QB.

Didn't put much stock in the North Texas game.

Afraid, the Horns lose at least two more games (not saying which ones, just saying this looks like a three-loss football team) since they don't have the ability to make plays from the quarterback position.

With VY, Billy Pittman averaged more than 20 yards per catch last year. Don't believe he'll average much over 15 this year.

What a difference a year makes. Went from the ultimate QB playmaker in college football to a fine young man who loves God, mom and country, but should not be the starting QB at a top five caliber major college football program.

Good luck to all this season,
Paul

Classy first post, Paul... and also pretty knowledgeable. Looks like another, or maybe two losses, await Texas if things don't drastically change behind center....

Welcome to the gig...
:shake:

SHSUHorn said:
and the hospital. My buddies and I got into a huge bar fight on 6th St after the game like out of a scene from Roadhouse. Had to get some stitches over my eye were I got blindsided. Funny thing is your probably thinking it was with Buckeye fans

nono, I first thought you said something spartassy to Mario Williams again...

:smiley_acbe:

LOL Thanks for the responses. Oh trust me I definitley got my licks in. It was about 10 of us on 5 then #6 came from nowhere maybe the bathroom and I was the closes ones standing so i got blindsided. He didn't lay me out just got a nice shot. It ended up pouring on to the street.

Definitley a classic and one for the memories for me. Was actually laughing about it with some Buckeye fans who gave me a Buckeye towel to stop the bleeding lol. Ended up getting the Buckeyes number and told them I'd mail them a aoutgraphed photo of Sweed's catch by VY.

jump, Boone was the best OL for the Buckeyes. He is gonna be a big time NFL talent. And it was true how they were picking the secondary apart. If Texas went zone they just found the open space if they went man they tried to burn them deep. Tressel impressed me Saturday.

pstone, Glad you could finally jump over here. For the rest of the guys on here pstone is a damn good capper and definitley knows his shit when it comes to college foots.

Back