July 2015 discussion

bahahaha West Ham saying it's the original claret and blue....ummm guys sorry fuck off, that title belongs to Aston Villa.

2018 WC groups

group winners qualify, then 8 2nd best teams play in playoff

Group A: Netherlands, France, Sweden, Bulgaria, Belarus, Luxembourg
Group B: Portugal, Switzerland, Hungary, Faroe Islands, Latvia, Andorra
Group C: Germany, Czech Republic, Northern Ireland, Norway, Azerbaijan, San Marino
Group D: Wales, Austria, Serbia, Republic of Ireland, Moldova, Georgia
Group E: Romania, Denmark, Poland, Montenegro, Armenia, Kazakhstan
Group F: England, Slovakia, Scotland, Slovenia, Lithuania, Malta
Group G: Spain, Italy, Albania, Israel, FYR Macedonia, Liechtenstein
Group H: Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Greece, Estonia, Cyprus
Group I: Croatia, Iceland, Ukraine, Turkey, Finland

Canada should beat Belize but then they have a group of Mexico and Honduras , unlikely they make the hex

So, we've got another situation like a few days ago where a team's playing on a B2B in Arsenal. They take on Wolfsburg at 11:00 AM at the Emirates, after having beaten Lyon 6-0 yesterday. Flamed out rather spectacularly with NYRB and Chelsea, but might be worth looking into.

@Arsenal .@Arsenal v Wolfsburg: Cech, Bellerin, Chambers, Gabriel, Monreal, Arteta, Cazorla, Reine-Adelaide, Ozil, Wilshere, Walcott #EmiratesCup2015
<time class="dt-updated" datetime="2015-07-26T14:07:55+0000" pubdate="" title="Time posted: 26 Jul 2015, 14:07:55 (UTC)">10:07 AM - 26 Jul 2015</time>

VfL_Wolfsburg @VfL_Wolfsburg So starten die Wölfe gegen @Arsenal: Benaglio-Jung,Naldo,Klose,Rodriguez-Träsch,Guilavogui-Vieirinha,De Bruyne,Schürrle-Bendter.
<time class="dt-updated" datetime="2015-07-26T14:10:04+0000" pubdate="" title="Time posted: 26 Jul 2015, 14:10:04 (UTC)">10:10 AM - 26 Jul 2015</time>

The strange thing is Ozil started yesterday, and played until the 62', at which time Wenger brought in Cazorla and Arteta, as well as Walcott a few minutes later, all three of whom are in today's XI. Should be interesting...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This &quot;soccer fan&quot; wearing a Frank Lapmard jersey in Charlotte last night <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/itslampard?src=hash">#itslampard</a> (via <a href="https://twitter.com/clttumordoc">@clttumordoc</a>) <a href="http://t.co/LoBJ5xzS8f">pic.twitter.com/LoBJ5xzS8f</a></p>&mdash; Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) <a href="https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/625344426399940608">July 26, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Am I the only one that finds it bizarre that all the Champions League qualifiers tomorrow are juiced under? CSKA/Sparta, Maccabi/Plzen, Fenerbahce/Shakhtar, Panathinaikos/Brugge, Young Boys/Monaco, Videoton/BATE, Zagreb/Molde. If you'd asked me to line those, I would've guessed just about all of them to be at least OV -115 minimum (as much as -135 for Fenerbahce and Zagreb). I know the first leg tends to play a little more cautious, but those are pretty much all teams you tend to associate with goals. Very odd...

Hoping 5D puts out some 1st half lines for tomorrow. Only thing I have so far is Fenerbahce +143

Hoping 5D puts out some 1st half lines for tomorrow. Only thing I have so far is Fenerbahce +143
That's the one thing I hate about 5Dimes: there's no rhyme and reason in terms of what they do from one day to the next. One day this league is offered, the next day it's not. One day totals are offered for a league, the next day it's not. One day team totals are offered, the next day they're not. I could see if they were getting killed on certain markets that there would be a disincentive to offer it, but why offer it in the first place then?

Kind of makes it hard to prepare when you have no idea what you're going to be able to bet on.

That's the one thing I hate about 5Dimes: there's no rhyme and reason in terms of what they do from one day to the next. One day this league is offered, the next day it's not. One day totals are offered for a league, the next day it's not. One day team totals are offered, the next day they're not. I could see if they were getting killed on certain markets that there would be a disincentive to offer it, but why offer it in the first place then?

Kind of makes it hard to prepare when you have no idea what you're going to be able to bet on.

Agree 100%

Little action trixie for tonight...
Mexico Soccer 605 Pachuca (MEX-Copa) +101* vs Atlante (MEX-Copa)
Mexico Soccer 608 Guadalajara Chivas (MEX-Copa) -138* vs Mineros de Zacatecas (MEX-Copa)
Mexico Soccer 613 Leon (MEX-Copa)/Atletico San Luis (MEX-Copa) Over 2½ -108*

Probably watch a bit of the Chelsea/Barca game - expecting a shit fest though.

Looking forward to the America/Benefica game later. America just got shit stomped in league play over the weekend. This one at Azteca, I am expecting goals. And cards.

Thought about taking Pachuca but line looked dodgy to me - a team that never loses at home against a team that never wins, and only -120? The one thing I did wonder, how many guys did America have at the Gold Cup? Would guys like Peralta even be available tonight? Wasn't that part of the reason they got thumped by Puebla?

Aguiliar, Peralta and Munoz I think were the only guys.
America allowed a set piece goal, second goal was offside (not called) and then another defensive breakdown.
Team was very disorganized, but still had a lot of offense. I'd expect a better effort in Mexico City.

I don't understand how Brazil got so lame the past few seasons. Almost as bad to watch as France or Scotland now...

Played over in United/PSG game. I don't expect much care from either side, tbh. United has been playing well so far this preseason, so I expect they will want to continue that form, but PSG has been playing wide open games from what I've seen. The United/Barca game ended 3-1, but could have been 4-4, that is the kind of game I'm expecting here.
Of course I've been running ice fucking cold this preseason and want to right this ship before real games start next weekend. Come on winners :cheers3: :cheers3:

I think this will be the opening day lineup vs Spurs. Schweinny or Schneiderlin. Would really love to see Rojo get some preseason time, but understand him resting. Really surprised though that Smalling not the starting cb - instead Jones. I think this is simply a matter of Jones is better with the ball in his feet, whereas Smalling better defender. All the guys on United are good in possession - looks like that is what LVG is aiming for- maintain possession advantage.

Back