July 2015 discussion

dylanphan

Pretty much a regular
I'll be back in full swing next month spewing my shit around. Coming off a pretty good season for my standards. Will try to be more diligent about posting winners :cheers3:

Just poking around right now and a few notes/details

Bayern Munich -1000 to win the Bundesliga:rofl:
that's the kind of 1.01 gubbing I'd love to see go down in the spirit of my good buddies ManUK and Billy. I can't imagine any team being this heavy a favorite before the season starts, especially in a league with plenty of quality. Not saying they don't win again, but fuck, could get a 20/1, 40/1 shot here before the season starts, very fucking tempting. Speaking of which, REALLY looking forward to watching shit ton of Bundesliga games this year.

In EPL, it looks like Chelsea too short, City rightly priced. Arsenal a bit too short, and United at +565 or so to win the league is fucking tempting in my eyes. Liverpool at 29/1 and Spurs at 115/1 ffs. I like very much what Liverpool has done this transfer season so I think those odds too long. United could be a fun team this year. We shall see.

Value to me is huge in Serie A. Juve at -175 is stupid short. PASS. I'll take Inter and AC Milan at 15/1. I absolutely think both of those teams are on the come, and Juventus lost quite a few key pieces and will be the team every one is shooting for every week.

Watching Gold cup now - was gonna play USA -1 at -149 earlier but was just too busy at work to do anything, come on now and see it's drifted to like -175. I still think they win tonight. USA playing with a ton of confidence, played great in their friendlies, have lots of speed, experience - they are the team to beat in this tournament in my eyes (and I'm honestly not a USMNT homer by any sort).

Don't bother with Liverpool, they do this every year regroup with lots of signings but they come up short.

Utd is worth it but again this year with CL play wonder if they will be ready.

You are right about the Serie A....that place is wide open.
If Vidal and Pogba end up leaving that is one major hole to fill and Inter, AC are just doing good business right now.

Few more notes while I'm thinking about it.

-A Bitcoin FORUM here now FFS? REALLY? I'm intrigued by bitcoins as much as the next guy I suppose, but the last place I'm coming to research/discuss this would probably be here.

And I will once again voice my displeasure about the In-Game in one thread. This is absolutely a poor decision. I know for damn sure none of the powers that be need to explain any of their decisions to me, but WTF am I gonna post in-game soccer updates on a Saturday early afternoon or Sunday when 85%+ of the posters are going to be concerned with football?
Conversely does anyone in that thread looking for updates about the Louisville/Connecticut game give a flying fuck when I'm watching Eredivise or Tippeligaan games and posting Stromgodset or GA Eagles updates?

If CTG wants to keep the riff raff (me) in one thread, so be it, I'll be in the monthly discussion threads in the soccer forum. Really would prefer if they split up the in-game threads though. I understand a few degenerates may want to chat about CFB, CBB, MLB, etc, and not have to switch between forums. That's fine. But soccer seams to have a tighter knit group of guys. Just my humble opinion /rant

U.S.A. U.S.A.

Don't bother with Liverpool, they do this every year regroup with lots of signings but they come up short.

Utd is worth it but again this year with CL play wonder if they will be ready.

right and right. I'll avoid any futures on United simply because they will have CL play too, and I still want to see how the midfield shakes out.
But Liverpool, fuck those odds are getting very tempting. This team was just a season away from competing for the title. They were without a few key guys, namely Sturridge, for months last year. They added by subtraction losing the likes of Gerrard, who gave it his all, but was no longer a factor, bring on Clyne allows them to ditch Johnson, Firmino COULD be a nice contributor, they have some guys still young, rounding into form. I'm not a Pool fan by any stretch, I am just poking around for value. Liverpool stays healthy, has a few things break their way, they could be near the top 3-4 after new years.
It's July. Figured worth a bit of discussion.

right and right. I'll avoid any futures on United simply because they will have CL play too, and I still want to see how the midfield shakes out.
But Liverpool, fuck those odds are getting very tempting. This team was just a season away from competing for the title. They were without a few key guys, namely Sturridge, for months last year. They added by subtraction losing the likes of Gerrard, who gave it his all, but was no longer a factor, bring on Clyne allows them to ditch Johnson, Firmino COULD be a nice contributor, they have some guys still young, rounding into form. I'm not a Pool fan by any stretch, I am just poking around for value. Liverpool stays healthy, has a few things break their way, they could be near the top 3-4 after new years.
It's July. Figured worth a bit of discussion.

For sure, I do hope they pay the price for Benteke though as their style of play will have to be different.
Pool were great when they had the SAS partnership now potentially 2 of them are gone. Rodgers had his chance, it's amazing with the amount of money spent they still aren't going to break the Chelsea/Man City/Utd dominance.

If you could find a Top 4 finish see what that entails.

CJY6nxNWEAADQ60.png:large

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/canMNT?src=hash">#canMNT</a> Starting XI: STAMATOPOULOS, de JONG, EDGAR (c), JAKOVIC, LEDGERWOOD, STRAITH, PIETTE, BEKKER, AKINDELE, RICKETTS, LARIN (4-1-4-1)</p>&mdash; Canada Soccer (@CanadaSoccerEN) <a href="https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/618947430747344896">July 9, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Need to find the vine of the Heskey-esqe finish from the Canadian player in last night's game. OOOOOOOF

[video]blob:https%3A//vine.co/5841210c-02b8-4297-bc48-ffe4e36f9838[/video]

ffs, no idea how to embed videos, but this is the Canadian wanker here

[video]blob:https%3A//vine.co/5841210c-02b8-4297-bc48-ffe4e36f9838[/video]

ffs, no idea how to embed videos, but this is the Canadian wanker here
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aWLwMCSVhhA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Truth be told, that was kind of a tough angle with the direction he was moving in, but still inexcusable for somone at that level. Not the worst I've ever seen though. I saw Tevez sky one 10 feet over the net when he was at the edge of the penalty box (dead red) with a wide open net to shoot at. Of course, I remember this because it was 2-0 Juventus at the time...

pretty sure it was the worst miss ever.
-signed guy who had Canada o0.5, Canada 1h and Canada FT

:enraged:

LOL ah yes the FIFA rankings...how irrelevant they are

Top 2, Argies/Gerries, Ok I agree on that, then it becomes a mess

3.Belgium
4.Colombia
5.Netherlands
6.Brazil
7.Portugal
8.Romania
9.England
10.Wales

how on earth is Romania above England? Dutch 5?

Wales 10??? Chile, who just beat Argentina, not even in top 10

I saw the rankings yesterday and was going to make a stink, but then I remembered what a cluster they were to begin with and how their coefficients basically mean shit.

Fifa rankings exist for people to bitch about kinda like Sepp. Both worthless.

Jamaica has subbed off their starting GK and starting CB here at the 23' mark of the first half........

[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesSubHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>America de Mexico vs San Jose Earthquakes - International Champions Cup</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow"]
[TD]Tue 7/14[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]171 America de Mexico (ICC)[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="S1_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> <select id="altS1_0" name="altS1_0" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"><option value="0" selected="">-½ +127</option><option value="1">pk -156</option><option value="2">pk,-½ -109</option><option value="3">pk,+½ -213</option><option value="4">-½,-1 +169</option></select>[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M1_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +129 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L1_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> <select id="altL1_0" name="altL1_0" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"><option value="0" selected="">o2½ -102</option><option value="1">o1½ -310</option><option value="2">o3½ +242</option><option value="3">o2,2½ -132</option><option value="4">o2½,3 +126</option></select> [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowMid"]
[TD]10:30PM[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]172 San Jose Earthquakes (ICC)[/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="S2_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> <select id="altS2_0" name="altS2_0" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"><option value="0" selected="">+½ -142</option><option value="1">pk +141</option><option value="2">pk,+½ -106</option><option value="3">pk,-½ +183</option><option value="4">+½,+1 -187</option></select> [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M2_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +234 [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="L2_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> <select id="altL2_0" name="altL2_0" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"><option value="0" selected="">u2½ -113</option><option value="1">u1½ +255</option><option value="2">u3½ -283</option><option value="3">u2,2½ +117</option><option value="4">u2½,3 -141</option></select> [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot"]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]173 Draw[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD]<input id="editx" name="M3_0" size="4" style="font-size: 1em; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +244 [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Yeah, these friendlies are tough. Never know who is going to play, who is going to be motivated. That being said, I may take a poke on CA tonight....very small.

I wanted to play Bournemouth/Union game, but have no line. read up quite a bit on that one. no tv/no radio though either

Lol why is it called international champions cup?
Figured it was more than a friendly

It's a glorified friendly. They play for a cup, but more than anything else, it's a chance for North American fans to see International teams up close and personal.
Kinda stupid because it's offseason for all international teams, but in the middle of the fucking gold cup and the MLS season. I am not sure how many Earthquake players are on USMNT - Wondo, right?
CA will have a lot of support for the game and SJ don't have the team that that Galaxy had when they played them.

Lol why is it called international champions cup?
Figured it was more than a friendly
I think that's the tournament the European teams are going to be involved in when they come over for their tours, I think. Also, don't forget no Wondo for the Quakes as he played last night for the USMNT, and America outplayed the Galaxy the other night, but switched it off in the 2H.

Is America a good squad?
Was thinking taking them on ML at +129
San Jose nothing special right?

america is the best team in Concacaf.

but they will play a B-Squad second half. Id take them first half if you bet anything

id only bet overs in Friendlies..

they played Galaxy Saturday, Galaxy did beat them 2-1, but Galaxy has probably best depth in league . First 30 mins or so were dominated by America from what I read

OK.
Total thoughts?
Tough call. Quakes have virtually no offense, even with Wondo. And, like I said, America came out flying in the 1H, and then played a lot more conservative in the 2H. Guess you couldn't go worng with Over 1 1H - I would think it's a push, if nothing else.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/USMNT?src=hash">#USMNT</a> Starting XI today vs. Cuba… <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/USAvCUB?src=hash">#USAvCUB</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KeepTheCup?src=hash">#KeepTheCup</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoldCup2015?src=hash">#GoldCup2015</a> <a href="http://t.co/6U5gYJEmuk">pic.twitter.com/6U5gYJEmuk</a></p>&mdash; U.S. Soccer (@ussoccer) <a href="https://twitter.com/ussoccer/status/622495755798863872">July 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Guess it depends on what kind of lineup Chelsea throw out there, but might want to take a look at either Chelsea AH or the under against NYRB tonight. Red Bulls played a US Open Cup game yesterday afternoon (which went to ET), and just glancing over the XI, pretty much all their regulars played in that game (Wright Phillips, Sam, McCarty, Kljestan), so should be a fairly garbage XI tonight. Plus, NYRB played at 4:00 PM, PSG played at 7:30 PM, and now another game tonight - that turf could be in rough shape by kickoff.

just realized that Warrior brand was bought/rebranded to New Balance....interesting don't think I see another BPL team that has NB?
Wonder what type of money of contract they gave...must have the American connections

just realized that Warrior brand was bought/rebranded to New Balance....interesting don't think I see another BPL team that has NB?
Wonder what type of money of contract they gave...must have the American connections

Hopefully that improves their jersey designs.

Back