Jordan & LeBron

Didn't mean to call you an asshole

believe me, I can be pretty prodding here at CTG

my last response wasn't that time tho:shake:

Hey Twink, I suppose getting called 'LA boy' on into the evening after a couple drinks had me behaving pretty...smarmy.

No worries...lot's of strong personalities here, things are bound to get rough around the edges at times...:cheers3:

the inability of some to appreciate what they are watching in lebron confuses me. what more do you want from an individual player.

jordan vs. bron is an argument. bron inside the top 10 of all time is not. leaving him out is just silly.

Correct. Kobe was robin to Shaq's batman for their stint together for sure and was far more dominating than kobe could ever dream of being ... well that's not true as he dreamed of being Jordan to the point of copying mannerisms and speech... was kind of creepy. Shaq>kobe

yah until the 4th quarter and winning time hit at which point kobe carried the team down the stretch every time.

yah until the 4th quarter and winning time hit at which point kobe carried the team down the stretch every time.

You mean his airballs? Shaq had to rely on kobe giving up the ball in the 4th qtr ...... to his credit, kobe was not afraid of the last shot (or any other shot).

You mean his airballs? Shaq had to rely on kobe giving up the ball in the 4th qtr ...... to his credit, kobe was not afraid of the last shot (or any other shot).

yes yes the airballs in game four of a four game sweep at the hands of malone and stockton when kobe was 18 years old. good point. very relevant. :shake:

Hey Twink, I suppose getting called 'LA boy' on into the evening after a couple drinks had me behaving pretty...smarmy.

No worries...lot's of strong personalities here, things are bound to get rough around the edges at times...:cheers3:

He wasn't calling you LA boy, he was saying that Malone is an LA boy (Louisiana).

yes yes the airballs in game four of a four game sweep at the hands of malone and stockton when kobe was 18 years old. good point. very relevant. :shake:

To be fair, Shaq's FT shooting was a liability late at times and made for kobe having the ball late (lakers were usually in the penalty with 11:30 to go in the fourth qtr) a better option at times.

A few points.

Compare them at the age of 30.

Who were the good wing players when MJ was playing and winning titles?

Also, compare the rosters that they both played on.

Lebron disappears at the five minute mark of almost every finals game. It may be short term fluctuation bad luck but my lord.

A little unfair to compare them at the same age (30) since LeBron came into the league at 18 while MJ had 3 years to develop at UNC and missed almost his entire 2nd season with a broken foot.

James in the game 7 of the Finals in 2013 went for 37 and 12 shooting 12-23 w/ 5-10 from 3's and 8-8 from the line. He was good in the 4Q in the biggest game of his life.

For everything Jordan was, he never could have entered the NBA at 18 and scored 20 a game.

Back