January NBA Discussion Thread

The league's rhythm has been affected. The running out of shot clocks and the like has affected these creatures of habit plus the emotional tidal wave that follows.

Have to be prepared for bad basketball and odd results.

RIP Mamba.

Looks like 1Q unders hit in the first 4 games tonight. I know some people looking for that edge with the quarters only lasting 11:28 instead of 12:00 minutes.

It will be curious to see if all are going to do it tomorrow. Some of these teams played Sunday or Monday...many didn't ...

BAR,

Do the Kings fall into the scheduling spot you always looked at before the season. Don't think it happens much anymore since the league limited back to backs.

Jan 18@ Utah Jazz 9223Lost 101 - 123 Loss / Over
Jan 20@ Miami Heat 3.5221Lost 113 - 118 Loss / Over
Jan 22@ Detroit Pistons -2222Lost 106 - 127 Loss / Over
Jan 24@ Chicago Bulls 1.5217.5Won 98 - 81 Win / Under
Jan 27@ Minnesota Timberwolves 3223.5Won 133 - 129 Win / Over
Jan 29Oklahoma City Thunder 10:00 PM
Jan 30@ Los Angeles Clippers

BAR,

Do the Kings fall into the scheduling spot you always looked at before the season. Don't think it happens much anymore since the league limited back to backs.

Jan 18@ Utah Jazz 9223Lost 101 - 123 Loss / Over
Jan 20@ Miami Heat 3.5221Lost 113 - 118 Loss / Over
Jan 22@ Detroit Pistons -2222Lost 106 - 127 Loss / Over
Jan 24@ Chicago Bulls 1.5217.5Won 98 - 81 Win / Under
Jan 27@ Minnesota Timberwolves 3223.5Won 133 - 129 Win / Over
Jan 29Oklahoma City Thunder 10:00 PM
Jan 30@ Los Angeles Clippers
Good looking. I cannot believe I forgot this was the next two nights.

Now, looking at my notes from before the season...

My concern preseason was that the Clippers would be coming off their own trip + battle of LA before this game tomorrow night. Obviously this is not the case.

For those that do not remember, here is how this goes..

Team plays 5+ games in opposite conference(primarily -- Minnesota can count here) on the road. They come back home, have one day of rest and play a home game. After that home game, they go right back on the road for another road game. Basically, this is a 7 game trip( 7 different cities).

I have generally liked the road game of the back to back as a bigger bet and that one cashes at a higher percentage generally.

Now, looking at this...

-Sacto is off the biggest comeback in ages plus and overtime on Monday night. Oklahoma City has been red-hot till a loss to the Mavs..
-The Clippers will have the benefit of 3 full days rest
-I don't forsee load management for LA

This sets up pretty well.

Plays recommended.

LBJ pts would be worth a shot tonight imo but it's priced pretty high and he'll only play 32-34 minutes ... But Kyrie busted out 56 in about 34 minutes tonight.

Back