January NBA Discussion Thread

The Magic win I bet on. This season the Lakers playing at home after a 20 point win or higher are now 1-4 ATS

Big one in Milwaukee tonight. I always look for these types of games for teams like the Bucks this time of yeat to get their attention. I'm sure Boston had an eye on this one vs the Stons.

In 21 home games this season, the Bucks have scored over 57.5 first half points 14 times (67%), with an average of 61.8ppg and median of 65. At home, with no combined wins against Miami philly or Boston this year, I think they come out focused and it won’t be much of a hurdle to get to 58.

In 21 home games this season, the Bucks have scored over 57.5 first half points 14 times (67%), with an average of 61.8ppg and median of 65. At home, with no combined wins against Miami philly or Boston this year, I think they come out focused and it won’t be much of a hurdle to get to 58.
Tremendous work on this.

Much more entertaining card on Saturday, even two ABC games. Monday almost the whole league is playing but unfortunately the night cap has GSW.

Was able to glance at Lakers and Rockets 4th quarter a bit...

SOR ---same ole rockets

They seriously should blow this team up asap. They have no chance vs either LA team and will be in dogfights with Utah and Denver.

Was able to glance at Lakers and Rockets 4th quarter a bit...

SOR ---same ole rockets

They seriously should blow this team up asap. They have no chance vs either LA team and will be in dogfights with Utah and Denver.

Their depth is a problem. I mean their bench isn’t bad, but when you look at the LA teams they are bringing guys that can be or have been all stars off the bench, and who could easily start (clips with Montrez, Lou Will, etc, Lakers with Rondo, Howard, Kuz, etc), whereas the rox just have bench players coming off the bench. Starter wise, they can play w anyone imo.

What should I say. Miami is playing a game at home after a loss against the Spurs and they are a major over to start with
Portland 2 over refs
Minn 2 over refs
Hornets 2 over refs
Boston 2 over refs
Cleveland 2 over refs
Brooklyn 2 over refs
Atlanta 3 strong under refs
Milwaukee appears to have 3 refs that do not like home teams but Milwaukee is very good on Mondays
Suns 5-0 on Monday today.
Just too much I had already decided to hit Jazz and I am looking at 2 strong homer umps no just 1 homer ref but 2 that favor home teams small
GL

Last edited:
Sorry did not list Miami and Milwaukee as both with 3 Over refs
Was serious when I said lots of overs
Denver 6-1 on Monday with real injuries

I'd just write this game off and get James and Davis out of the game. After the comeback Saturday this just isn't in the cards tonight.

Big card tonight, 12 games in all. Zion looking at around 20 minutes per reports. Utah in one of those spots where they could be looking ahead to first real competition in weeks. Lakers laying a big number but got to think Bron Sr. n company rebound big and put on a show in NY. What's Houston gonna do?

MPJ really coming into his own the last few games. This would be such an "addition" if he can continue this.

I’m leaning toward the Rockets today because I think they are in the same situation that I am in — if they don’t get a good win pretty soon, they’re going to start losing confidence...plus the Nuggets are terrible back to back and most of their starters appear to be out.
sorry, not back-to-back, 3 games in 4 nights...

Last edited:
Wow I had no idea how good that guy is. Can he be expected to shoot/play like that on a regular basis?

Last edited:
So, the part of that game I missed was the 4th quarter. That's wild. That's like Retro Sam Perkins three point shooting.

This 3rd qtr is the definition of a team mailing in the getaway game of a road trip (Lakers).

God forbid fans should show up to the game, only to find out Lebron is out for load management purposes. Instead they are treated to a dazzling display of lazy defense, massive numbers of turnovers, and 3-point bricks. And for good measure, Lebron monopolizes the ball so his teammates can’t do much of anything either...

Back