January Discussion Thread

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
This league is absolutely on steroids right now.

Imagine your Klay Thompson, you have a retro night and your 54 point game is only the 2nd highest of the night and still 17 points behind?

Imagine being Jojo.. guy puts up 40-10s s lot and hardly anyone notices!?

The individual play right now is absolutely nuts!

Yea it’s definitely wild right now.
Zion out 3 weeks. Should an interesting stretch for birds.

If they played tomorrow full health who wins 7 game series Buck or C’s?

Good breakdown of Jalen Duran‘s upside, room for growth, and current flaws on defense

A bit hard to assess him because the whole defense struggles to work together as a unit especially on ball-screen defense. But Duran is improving individually and he has the physical tools to help him

Good breakdown of Jalen Duran‘s upside, room for growth, and current flaws on defense

A bit hard to assess him because the whole defense struggles to work together as a unit especially on ball-screen defense. But Duran is improving individually and he has the physical tools to help him
Good read.

Jalen has been such a pleasant surprise early on. I had big hopes for him but figured it would take till next year for consistent playing time.

I like that he starts, even if that only means 22-24 mins some nights. Get him out there versus the best and learn on the fly in a lost season.

Nearly played a pregame side tonight.

But, stuck to my guns of not doing that.

Of course Celtics abusing Mavs right now after their embarrassing loss at OKC.

Fuck you Clippers, just Fuck you! My daughter’s 6 year old basketball team would put up more of a fight than you bitches tonight!

Peeking at MLK day...

League went pretty light with only 9 games.

They are also accounting for the NFL wildcard game with a tip at 6pm and 1030 pm and nothing in-between.

Chef back tonight in SF.

Suns missing 5 guys, mostly starters.

So, expect a dogfight haha.

Spurs hosting GSW at the Alamodome on Friday. That's their old arena back in 93-94 until I want to say early 2000s (Hemisphere before, current arena since).

They've sold like 64,000 tickets.

This will break the NBA record, regular season, which I believe the Pistons own back in the 80s at the Silverdome.

Dog days are here.

We saw what happened with an injuried team in the Bay last night.

Conversely, Detroit was missing a bunch of guys too, one guy that was a C/PF on the roster and got just obliterated in Philly.

Tonight, still injuries for Detroit but Bogie back (Livers too after a long absence) and just destroying Minnesota in the 2h.

Nice little 17-13 4th quarter in Washington (under 5 seconds left).

Wash just hit the go ahead three to get to 30 total points in the final stanza.

4th opened at 224.5 live.

I got in at 207.5 +100 with five left.

17 points less than quarter started. Yet, will lost that by 10 or so.

Nice little 17-13 4th quarter in Washington (under 5 seconds left).

Wash just hit the go ahead three to get to 30 total points in the final stanza.

4th opened at 224.5 live.

I got in at 207.5 +100 with five left.

17 points less than quarter started. Yet, will lost that by 10 or so.
Lavine took a 16 footer with 2 seconds left down 3.

Uh.

Thankfully hit the big one in Detroit o 238.5 live.

Have a 228 and 231.5 over pending in the ATL.... Fast start might middle. Nice fighting back by the Hawks. Hoping for this to be deficit, usually leads to higher scoring 4ths.

Lavine took a 16 footer with 2 seconds left down 3.

Uh.

Thankfully hit the big one in Detroit o 238.5 live.

Have a 228 and 231.5 over pending in the ATL.... Fast start might middle. Nice fighting back by the Hawks. Hoping for this to be deficit, usually leads to higher scoring 4ths.
TNT dump went to ESPN tonight.

Hawks got too close, both teams played defense.

Oh well.

Jokic par late night to hopefully get back to even for night.

Denver getting 4’ vs Clips…hmmm. Clips look rested. Anyone got a feel here?

Pels laying 6 but that’s a lot

Spurs hosting GSW at the Alamodome on Friday. That's their old arena back in 93-94 until I want to say early 2000s (Hemisphere before, current arena since).

They've sold like 64,000 tickets.

This will break the NBA record, regular season, which I believe the Pistons own back in the 80s at the Silverdome.
Strange to see the opening total of 240 jump up 3/4 points for a game being played in a spacious dome that could hinder shooting percentages….it’s not like these teams are familiar with the sightline

Strange to see the opening total of 240 jump up 3/4 points for a game being played in a spacious dome that could hinder shooting percentages….it’s not like these teams are familiar with the sightline
Interesting point.

Plus GSW looked 'weird' the other night in Curry's return.

First couple years of the Alamodome back in mid 90s, they had some tight ass rims plus the depth perception issues.

Today's league doesn't allow for "fun rims" anymore.

Interesting point.

Plus GSW looked 'weird' the other night in Curry's return.

First couple years of the Alamodome back in mid 90s, they had some tight ass rims plus the depth perception issues.

Today's league doesn't allow for "fun rims" anymore.
I think pace should be high, i bit on the over

First real ugly night in awhile.

Multiple totals lost in Indy. Game just couldn't get going. Each quarter started brutal.

Took a stab at 2h over to start in Utah. Just an ugly 3Q there.

Lost prop with a blowout.

Only win was OKC ML took near end of 1Q. Hedged some to start 4th to freeroll it.

Unders are coming back. You can get some good numbers live after hot start or around end of 3rd. A lot of turd 4Qs the last few days.

Dog days are here , so makes sense.

Careful till about a week past start of 2h. It's wild out there.

Anyone know how Memphis does on MLK? Feel like it has to be strong? I don’t think any other city has any specific inspiration for the home team vs road team, etc.

Knicks played yesterday. Early start today. It’s rare in the league to have back to back games this early, no? Raptors off a loss and I feel like they get up for NY? Could be making this up. Line says it will be close.

Anyone know how Memphis does on MLK? Feel like it has to be strong? I don’t think any other city has any specific inspiration for the home team vs road team, etc.

Knicks played yesterday. Early start today. It’s rare in the league to have back to back games this early, no? Raptors off a loss and I feel like they get up for NY? Could be making this up. Line says it will be close.
Love Memphis, hate Suns off the loss but PHX used a ton to come back and be in that game

Grizz should always be a day game today, not sure why it's been pushed forward. Bad move by NBA imo

Remember emkee had a road matinee chalk angle that hit at a good rate… Knicks covered yesterday same spot as c’s today

I think there’s value in any team vs an undermanned Bucks team. Bucks just aren’t that deep and I don’t love their 8-12 players. Ingles and Giannis on top of Ibaka and and Middleton is a lot. I’m a big proponent in the don’t bet against injuries and Indiana missing pieces too so probably a no bet.

Gonna out this here but y’all think OG is a possibility for the Pels?

Toronto wants a haul, apparently. The Pels are obviously playing Jaxon Hayes to move him, and it’s clear Graham is gonna be dumped. They have the picks to do it….you have BI, CJ, Zion core for 3 years…Jonas and OG and those 3 all healthy is pretty dirty 5.

Gonna out this here but y’all think OG is a possibility for the Pels?

Toronto wants a haul, apparently. The Pels are obviously playing Jaxon Hayes to move him, and it’s clear Graham is gonna be dumped. They have the picks to do it….you have BI, CJ, Zion core for 3 years…Jonas and OG and those 3 all healthy is pretty dirty 5.
CJ came out the other day and noted that the players there are expecting major moves...got discussed obviously during the game...

He'd be a perfect complement to that 5. Plus, you want defense guy like him come spring.

Warriors 0-6 SU (1-5 ATS) vs above .500 teams on the road this season.

Celtics 1-6 SU and ATS (lost 6 straight) on 2 days rest this season.

What streak ends tonight ?...

Celtics are gunna look to get off and running 1st half to set the tone..interesting to see how hungry the celtics have to be here at home on a thirsty Thursday.....

Warriors 0-6 SU (1-5 ATS) vs above .500 teams on the road this season.

Celtics 1-6 SU and ATS (lost 6 straight) on 2 days rest this season.

What streak ends tonight ?...
Warriors are such a bad road team.

Defense isn't there.

Tatum n company cannot be happy that egg that laid out there in 2h in December.

Tough one with no Jaylen.

C's been off since Monday.

Tatum prop points inflated but I can him getting 37+ tonight.

Thoughts tonight:

Brooklyn on B2B vs Utah. -7’ is a lot but maybe tie Utah ML with something else.

Sac and OKC total is like an All Star game. Sac plays no D and OKC been a nice team and surprise. Lean OVER but like OKC as well.

Pels tonight in a get right game likely, but they are running bad. I’ll listen to anyone on that.

Thoughts tonight:

Brooklyn on B2B vs Utah. -7’ is a lot but maybe tie Utah ML with something else.

Sac and OKC total is like an All Star game. Sac plays no D and OKC been a nice team and surprise. Lean OVER but like OKC as well.

Pels tonight in a get right game likely, but they are running bad. I’ll listen to anyone on that.
OKC team total will be a play, SGA might go for 50 tonight

Back