January 2014 In-game

Y'know, I've always just assumed soccer was like North American sports - when the big teams come to town, the little teams sell out because of all the closet fans that show up from out of nowhere. Watching this PSG game on tv right now, quite a few empty seats in Ajaccio...

Y'know, I've always just assumed soccer was like North American sports - when the big teams come to town, the little teams sell out because of all the closet fans that show up from out of nowhere. Watching this PSG game on tv right now, quite a few empty seats in Ajaccio...

attendance in France has always been low, same in Italy and somewhat Spain

Germany/England are really the only two where tickets are really tough to get for most games

Former Premier League referee Graham Poll admits he used to feel "a sense of relief" when Man United played well in and won games he officiated.
Writing in his Daily Mail column, Poll said:
"I would concede there was a sense of relief when United played well and won, particularly at Old Trafford.
"I knew if they didn't win there was every chance of seeing and, more importantly, hearing Ferguson and reading his comments about me in the papers the next day.
"All referees knew that Fergie's standing in the game - and the fact that he was at the biggest club - meant that when he unleashed the hairdryer on a referee there were inevitable headlines."
Poll also suggested David Moyes has to accept he cannot enjoy anything like the same intimidating effect he believes Sir Alex Ferguson enjoyed for many years.
"I fear another defeat for Moyes," he said.
"[Moyes] must accept that he does not have the same intimidating presence as his predecessor had."

attendance in France has always been low, same in Italy and somewhat Spain

Germany/England are really the only two where tickets are really tough to get for most games
No, but you know what I mean... The Penguins or Red Wings come to town, even NJ and Florida sell out. The Yankees or Red Sox come to town, all of a sudden there's a million Yankees or Red Sox fans at Rogers Centre. The Heat or Lakers come to town, etc...

Guess it's not the same in Europe...

Former Premier League referee Graham Poll admits he used to feel "a sense of relief" when Man United played well in and won games he officiated.
Writing in his Daily Mail column, Poll said:
"I would concede there was a sense of relief when United played well and won, particularly at Old Trafford.
"I knew if they didn't win there was every chance of seeing and, more importantly, hearing Ferguson and reading his comments about me in the papers the next day.
"All referees knew that Fergie's standing in the game - and the fact that he was at the biggest club - meant that when he unleashed the hairdryer on a referee there were inevitable headlines."
Poll also suggested David Moyes has to accept he cannot enjoy anything like the same intimidating effect he believes Sir Alex Ferguson enjoyed for many years.
"I fear another defeat for Moyes," he said.
"[Moyes] must accept that he does not have the same intimidating presence as his predecessor had."

not a shock, everyone's known it

Fergie time wasn't some under the radar thing

Would love to see A.Madrid compete the whole season, but with 2 tournaments + league - they are bound to collapse with lack of squad depth

Ew3G5jX.png

Won't compete when they don't try against a team joint top with them and not starting their best player. Missed chance/bottled it. At home as well which is worse.

Castle was robbed off that corner. Goal should have stood. No questions guys were off, but they were not involved in play. What a crack and what a shame.

Back