Jacksonville Jaguars Season Thread

Minshew isn’t spectacular but he makes plays. Fournette is the key. He runs like that jags get tough to beat, but more often than not he runs like he did last week. All the teams in the south are 2-2 and all have flaws. Division is up for grabs. Titans get Lewan back next week which should bolster the OL

He definitely seems to have that it factor. I am somebody who believes in that. That play he made yesterday on the O'Shaugnessey TD was just ridiculous. He kind of reminds me of Doug Flutie of all people; that dude just bought into his persona as the little underdog that could and wasn't the 350 yrds and 4tds type, but the dude who will play alright and make the plays when needed most

People are getting caught up in the Minshew persona thing. Look beyond it, this kid is the real deal. If Foles came back today Foles would be sitting watching Minshew. You can’t teach the accuracy and playmaking. He is an obvious leader. The Jags have found their future at QB.

People are getting caught up in the Minshew persona thing. Look beyond it, this kid is the real deal. If Foles came back today Foles would be sitting watching Minshew. You can’t teach the accuracy and playmaking. He is an obvious leader. The Jags have found their future at QB.

The frustrating thing is that for the second consecutive year Jax has tied its cap in a major way to a quarterback who won‘t contribute anything. If we didn‘t have that Bortles dead cap space we could pay Jalen for instance

The frustrating thing is that for the second consecutive year Jax has tied its cap in a major way to a quarterback who won‘t contribute anything. If we didn‘t have that Bortles dead cap space we could pay Jalen for instance

They did what they had to do, they would have been a good team with Foles but in the long run I think the Foles injury will be a blessing because they may have never seen what Minshew is contributing now.

Everything I have heard is the owner willing to pay Ramsey (for some reason). That it just a matter of him no longer wanting to be there.

Everything I have heard is the owner willing to pay Ramsey (for some reason). That it just a matter of him no longer wanting to be there.

For some reason? Yesterday was enough of a reason i'd say!
Yeah they mentioned during the broadcast how a teammate of Ramsey said "Pay 20, 20" (ie 20 mil) and I guess I read too much into that. Ramsey feels disrespected, something was said/done by the higher-up assholes (probably that old goof Coughlin, who knows). I would guess that the sideline incident with Marrone is in the big picture a small incident, more a symptom than a cause. "
“There had been an incident on the sideline with me and coach. I didn’t think much of that in particular because that happens from time to time. That’s passion and emotion I feel like that blew up a little bit more than it should have,” Ramsey said. “That happened early in the first quarter, and I went out the rest of the game, and you can see the production that I put out there on the field. What I held ‘Hop [DeAndre Hopkins] to, and how the whole defense played, honestly.”

Ramsey continued by going into minor details about a conversation he had with management (he didn’t specify who) after Week 2’s game, which actually was the incident in which led him to request a trade."

For some reason? Yesterday was enough of a reason i'd say!
Yeah they mentioned during the broadcast how a teammate of Ramsey said "Pay 20, 20" (ie 20 mil) and I guess I read too much into that. Ramsey feels disrespected, something was said/done by the higher-up assholes (probably that old goof Coughlin, who knows). I would guess that the sideline incident with Marrone is in the big picture a small incident, more a symptom than a cause.

Whatever floats your boat, I wouldn’t want him personally.

Never questioned his talent. Still wouldn’t want him on my team.

Ok? I'd say i'm glad you're not a higher-up in the Jags front office but in a way you're much better than they are....they want him and still can't even keep him...talk about incompetence

Ok? I'd say i'm glad you're not a higher-up in the Jags front office but in a way you're much better than they are....they want him and still can't even keep him...talk about incompetence

For all their faults I don’t put this one on them, he a diva asshole. Not playing last week just backed up my dislike of him. Punk move.

For all their faults I don’t put this one on them, he a diva asshole. Not playing last week just backed up my dislike of him. Punk move.

Assuming that was not all coincidental (lol) yeah it was shitty of him to leave his teammates in the lurch, I get where you're coming from. I just blame the front office for letting it get to this point

Assuming that was not all coincidental (lol) yeah it was shitty of him to leave his teammates in the lurch, I get where you're coming from. I just blame the front office for letting it get to this point

Really don’t matter who’s fault it is or the why imo, I don’t want guys who bail on their teammates like that. This isn’t the same thing as holding out imo.

Really don’t matter who’s fault it is or the why imo, I don’t want guys who bail on their teammates like that. This isn’t the same thing as holding out imo.

How is it not the same as holding out? In both cases the player isn't joining his teammates on the field

How is it not the same as holding out? In both cases the player isn't joining his teammates on the field

Cause a holdout is business and all the players understand guys gotta do what best for their money, and that doesn’t happen after already playing Games w the team!! This is childish bs.

Every team runs a ton of misdirection and it works. Its so easy to get Jax linebackers and safeties out of position, lots of big play potential.

Big game for y’all. I hate to say this is one we would “drop” being roadie AFC game.....

However, the Saints D looks fucking ferocious right now
Weather?

I think Minshew's star is fading. After all, Bortles had some great performances early on.
He's been tapering off as defenses adjust to him. Last week was his worst performance of the year against the Saints. His footwork was horrible and he often had happy feet in the pocket. Today it's some of the same -- missing open receivers, showing poor vision.

Fournette is superb at running to his left behind Cam and Norwell (over 7 YPC). Abysmal running to his right behind Jawaan Taylor, who's pure garbage and gets like three holding calls per game, and Will Richardson.

Honestly the league was figuring Minshew out
Even Bortles was super hot when he first entered the league

How did he do. U miss Minshew?

Very bad under pressure, kept underthrowing deep balls. A few passes that should have been picked and one that was. Respectable ability to move outside the pocket and throw on the run, especially for someone considered to be a pure pocket passer. Good otherwise. Seems to have a nice arm -- to throw into tight windows...so the announcer said that he was underthrowing deep balls because he forgot how fast NFL wide receivers are -- that seems to be the case -- (otherwise I have no idea really how good Foles' deep ball is because i've only seen him for 5 regular season quarters now)

How did he do. U miss Minshew?

The NFL seemed to be figuring out Minshew...I don't recall the stats but I did see a statistical breakdown that substantiated this supposition. I think Minshew is a really nice backup quarterback to have and ofc i'll miss his personality as it shone in the spotlight lol. But Foles also seems like a really nice/good guy. Sorta felt like he wasn't very urgent though yesterday. There's a bad history of vets coming to warm, sunny Jacksonville to "retire" on a nice paycheck...Hugh Douglas being one example of the past. The announcers talked about Foles having lost at one point his passion for football....Minshew is unambiguously an inferior quarterback, but gotta give him credit for being competitive, for wanting to win. He made more mistakes, was clearly less experienced than Nick. But dude wanted to fight.

@VirginiaCavs what up bro, Jags catching 4 now; kicks off at the top of the hour, you do any write ups on this one?

Nah, but I think the run defense will be critical here for Jax. On the surface it looks inconsistent...dating to last year there have been some great performances and some shockingly bad ones from the run D. Last week the Cotls o-line was crucial as it was able to manhandle the Jax front seven. Its blockers could often easily work to the second level giving its running backs holes. If you like Tennessee, you like the run game and if you like the run game, you like its o-line. The interior of Jax is really weak especially with Dareus on IR and the linebackers (very young, miss the veteran presence of the retired Pos not to mention Telvin Smith) are often clueless, its top guy Jack was a safety at UCLA and he was probably gonna play safety if he landed with a different team so I think he's more of a pass coverage guy, more known for his speed in coverage. It's not a tough run D, in short. If Tenny gets those manageable third-and-shorts then that also helps negate the Jax pass rush on third down. So yea I think looking at Tenny's o-line is key.
On the other side, yikes, Foles looked rusty last week...awful timing on deep passes but it clearly wasn't an arm issue. He really loves throwing to Chark. Jax can only run on the left side of its o-line, so i'd want to scout the corresponding side of Tenny's d-line and i'd want to see who will mostly cover Chark. Those are my match-up thoughts.

Also, this series I seem to recall tending to be a split...don't have a concrete trend in mind atm though. I would think Tenny gets revenge in this one after a bad showing in its last outing.

Foles benched at half-time. Mustache comes out and provides an obvious spark. I say the job is his. Foles is just old, immobile, complacent. He's an overpaid has-been. Minshew is the future. In a place like Jacksonville that doesn't have much of a tradition of culture of winning, I like the idea of relying on ambitious but unproven up-and-comers. A sixth-rounder makes perfect sense to lead this team. Minshew also critical with his mobility as Jax's o-line is trash

Back