Its February 15th...

catfood

Flying Frenchman
And if you remember I once said there was gonna be a 4road+-1home-1road situation in the Calgary-Los Angeles game. When I first looked at this game in the LA schedule a while ago and saw LA's road games were 8 instead of 4, I thought Calgary was gonna be worthy of a big play and then some, but then as I put these trends stats on my computer, I noticed something I didnt like, something that makes this game lose its big play appeal.

Teams coming into the home game 1 or 2 days after their last road game prior to going back on the road for one more road game are 0-7 in the home game.

However 2 teams -Atlanta and Nashville- have been in this 4r+-1h-1r situation also BUT they came into the home game 3 days after their last road game, and Atlanta and Nashville both won this home game (in OT mind you but they still won it eventhough Atl and Nash werent setting the world on fire back then, also the 2 teams they beat were on the backend of a b2b).

And tonight L.A. comes back home after an 8 game roadtrip but also with 3 days rest and not the desired 1 or 2 days rest and Calgary also comes in with 3 days rest also (dont worry theres 2 big play worthy situations coming in the next 2 weeks).

So Im still inclined to think Calgary wins this game since theyre not on a b2b...What does everyone think? I wont be so busy today as Im sick as a dog so Ill try to dig up some stuff, maybe this'll be big play worthy yet but for now I got to treat it like any normal game.

Last edited:
Alright after looking at this year and last years schedule, I think Calgary is good to go. Ive noticed when this trend has been bucked, its usually by a team off a homestand and usually coupled with a win or a team on a b2b, a team already on the road has usually got the job done. Nashville, however has made a habit of bucking this trend but today they dont count.

I only took account of 5road+-1Home-1road (not including 4R-1h-1R) and surprisingly a lot of these crux homegames have gone to OT. So tread carefully but you may want to go the ML route instead or to protect. My plays for today are:

Calgary -0.5 2.120 3 units

Washington ML 2.200 :cheers:

Last edited:
already on the washington ml myself, and now leaning calgary! good luck tonight

Thanks Satyr, iceman, SC thanks for that stat, it makes me feel good lol, Terpman, gsro :cheers:

like the capitals as they have yet to lose consecutive games since mid december....johnson is scheduled to play tonight over kolzig.

was leaning calgary as well, but the past 2 nights have made me nervous taking any favourites.
the dogs are barking loud lately.
but calgary is 3-0 vs teams that are playing at home after a long trip.
so that should strengthen your case.

i was also looking at dallas ml....as they are 7-2 winning atleast 1 game of a b2b situation.

GL as always cat!

like the capitals as they have yet to lose consecutive games since mid december....johnson is scheduled to play tonight over kolzig.

was leaning calgary as well, but the past 2 nights have made me nervous taking any favourites.
the dogs are barking loud lately.
but calgary is 3-0 vs teams that are playing at home after a long trip.
so that should strengthen your case.

i was also looking at dallas ml....as they are 7-2 winning atleast 1 game of a b2b situation.

GL as always cat!

Glad you feel that way twoface, Im surprised to see such little support for the Caps tonight, I mean Florida has a LOT of injuries, I mean thats almost an american league team out there, and I expect them to play uninspired hockey again tonight. They hung in against Montreal cause the habs really sucked in that game. Montreal wouldve lost against any other team in the NHL 2 nights ago. Certainly good value for Dallas. GL

Back