Is The Big Ten Overrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big 12, Pac 12, Big 10 and SEC are all mid major worthy at this point

Only ACC is worth a shit, and the #2 team in the country from that conference, which beat the shit out of one of the SEC higher ups in the 2h...got absolutely pummeled. Louisville is the best team in the history of the sport.

I don't think the conference is particularly well thought of to be considered over rated.

Michigan might set a kickblocking record this year. My lord.

A conference cannot be considered overrated until the fans of the shitty teams in the conference chant the conference name as they beat a shitty team from another conference in a Bowl game

Hehe ole Midg always crackin' jokes. Thought we had a rule in place you had to be 5'6" to post a new thread in this forum...shit.

For those keeping track at home...
- B1G 9-2 yesterday
- B1G defeated a total of three ranked opponents yesterday
- B1G defeated the #14 and #18 teams ON THE ROAD by a combined 29 points
- B1G ranked teams outscored opponents by a total of 170-120 on Saturday

1. B1G
2. SEC
3. ...everyone else.

:tiphat:

Big 12, Pac 12, Big 10 and SEC are all mid major worthy at this point

Only ACC is worth a shit, and the #2 team in the country from that conference, which beat the shit out of one of the SEC higher ups in the 2h...got absolutely pummeled. Louisville is the best team in the history of the sport.

they look pretty fuckin good no doubt

that qb is a gamer

I'm a Big Ten guy myself, but I'll say this: If North Dakota State was in the Big Ten West, with a win at Iowa under their belt, they'd be in the driver's seat for a spot in the title game.

I'm a Big Ten guy myself, but I'll say this: If North Dakota State was in the Big Ten West, with a win at Iowa under their belt, they'd be in the driver's seat for a spot in the title game.

Someone brought up on a Michigan board yesterday that NDSU should be considered for expansion to the West...

Wonder what kind of tv market they'd bring. Obviously the small market doesn't give them much appeal but I have to think at this point they could get some kind of national following out of curiosity

Wonder what kind of tv market they'd bring. Obviously the small market doesn't give them much appeal but I have to think at this point they could get some kind of national following out of curiosity

Without looking, I cannot imagine their school is 'B1G' worthy. There is a lot of criteria that comes into becoming a member. There is a reason a school like Mizzou got passed over and went to SEC instead.

Sorry. Life changes for NDSU if they go to the fbs. Their team gets the best of the best of the other guys which adds up to a damn good team. When you are in a major fbs conference and are recruiting to NDSU, you end up being the also-ran team in the conference and losing all the recruiting fights while also losing all the fcs talent that you were getting for being the dominant fcs school. It just isn't the same. Good for them on pulling the upset and they are a great team right now but let's not get carried away here, apples and oranges.

That's true for sure VK but I'd also suggest they've almost built a national brand for themselves, very comparable to Boise and if some big move were to happen, they'd have to capitalize immediately to maintain the brand name or it would fall off drastically I'd guess

Michigan State looked a bit better than I expected. Better hope they call holding on them if you are facing their running attack. They like doing it. Thought O'Conner looked more poised than the last time I saw him. Probably gained some confidence when they trusted him to throw on the game ending drive. You know, the one right after Notre Dame called timeout to punt.

Rutgers shown heart twice now when I have watched them. Down big, on the road, against a tough opponent in Washington week 1 they regrouped at halftime and then played even with Washington in the second half offensively and defensively (not ST). Yesterday they were down 21-0 and had the lead by halftime. The not quit factor is something to consider with them considering they will be getting pts often in conference.

Illinois is bad. I know Lovie can coach which makes me think the players are just awful. The QB has regressed and their secondary has a combination of poor positioning, poor coverage, and poor tackling. Front 7 feels awesome for them because the rest of the team is just that bad that you look at the front 7 and say "hey, they aren't horrible there" and then give it too much credit. Look better in the hotel the night before the game or on paper than what they do on the field. I wouldn't back them with your money until I saw something change.

PSU - I suppose ending real football in exchange for not molesting boys anymore is a good trade off (maybe) but team defense is slower than I have ever seen at PSU and if the DL is not against an opponent they can dominate up front they will continue to give up more points than you might have expected coming into the year. Offense looking a bit more competent the last 6 qtrs.

Neb - Just so much better coached post-Bo. This team is playing physical and if they can avoid mistakes from the QB position, this team is going to be making noise in the conference. Team confidence is on the rise too. I sensed throughout the oregon game that the players and coaches felt they were the superior team. They were. Defense looks much improved over recent versions. Backable team.

Terps - going to be one of the harder teams to understand, back or fade. They are very jekyll and hyde. Outplayed yesterday fwiw.

I'd take a wait and see with Neb. Even yesterday, there was still some head scratching play calling (run the fucking ball!). I actually thought Oregon was probably the better team. They helped us out a lot with penalties. Of course, Armstrong cramping def hurt our offense in the 4th qtr. Gritty effort from him to pull it out.

I don't think so. The Big Ten has fared very well in marquee games this season with both MSU and Ohio St. winning.

conference records against non conference opponents this season

ACC 23-9
B10 30-8
B12 15-11
P12 23-9
SEC 21-7

Nah, you're just a troll. You got fact checked pretty good here mini me.

yeah I am a real troll

just always known for it

it was obv a joke, hence BAR coming right in 10 mis after I posted it

you came to your lover's rescue.....it is ok, you guys can still text each other

I get why Twink started the thread, but wasn't it Alex that started the SEC overrated thread after week 1? The B1G guys here seem pretty level-headed. I think the conference is pretty good so far. At least 2 elite teams in tOSU and Michigan (I think). Several top 25 caliber teams in Mich St, Wisky, Iowa (even with the loss), Nebraska. Penn St, Minnesota, Indiana, and Maryland are potentially decent. Rutgers, Illinois, and Purdue are terrible, but probably no more so than Vandy, UK and S. Carolina. Probably fair to say that the SEC and B1G are neck and neck for right now. SEC might be a little better in the middle there, but not by much. Top and bottom are very comparable. tOSU and Alabama are about even in my eyes right now. Michigan likely better than SEC #2.

I'd take a wait and see with Neb. Even yesterday, there was still some head scratching play calling (run the fucking ball!). I actually thought Oregon was probably the better team. They helped us out a lot with penalties. Of course, Armstrong cramping def hurt our offense in the 4th qtr. Gritty effort from him to pull it out.

had money on the ducks and couldn't figure out why nebby didn't just keep running the ball. made zero sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back