SEC Week 5

Just saw that Todd McShay said on a podcast this week that Hugh was talking down Malik Willis in the pre-draft interview process. This F'ing guy man
When someone tells you who they are, listen to them. Hugh has told us over and over and over again.

The late UK action is interesting. I understood grabbing 17.5. I’m not sure that I understand continuing to push it below 16. I haven’t heard any Ole Miss news that would influence the move. UK will be without their best CB. I know CBs aren’t worth much in terms of the spread but being down your best guy against Harris, Wells, Watkins, and co. is far from ideal….

I was pretty optimistic with DeBoer, but he's exceeded my expectations to this point. Time will tell of course, but you can't ask much more as a Bama fan.
DeBoer was clearly the most attractive coach that would be available for a move, and it was refreshing for Alabama to get him regardless of dumb things like "connections to the South", or "SEC ties". He's proven that he can outscheme anyone and Bama recruits for itself even if we wasn't a good recruiter, and he's probably that too.

Did I hear that Bama moved to him when Norvell said no? I hope that's not true.

DeBoer was clearly the most attractive coach that would be available for a move, and it was refreshing for Alabama to get him regardless of dumb things like "connections to the South", or "SEC ties". He's proven that he can outscheme anyone and Bama recruits for itself even if we wasn't a good recruiter, and he's probably that too.

Did I hear that Bama moved to him when Norvell said no? I hope that's not true.
I've heard that De Boer and Norvell were 1A and 1B. As far as I can gather, Alabama reached out to both on Jan 10th when Saban made his announcement, and De Boer was the one that worked out. I don't think it was a Norvell said no situation and Bama moved on necessarily, but rather we were interested in both, and it was apparent early on that De Boer was the guy. I think Norvell would have been a fine hire too, but recent events certainly make me confident we ended up with the better coach

Under should be the play
But it’s JH
I felt dirty having to pick that game in pools that cost nothing to get into. Took OU because I think Auburn offense is so inept and I figure the most likely unit to score will be the OU defense. AUBURN ARENA isn't scary and neither is their team or coach. OU offense should just run, under would be the play if I had to play the thing but yuck all around.

I saw somewhere that AU is 1-6 in their last 7 home games against p4 teams. Maybe the Jordan-Hare voodoo has been exorcised

Back