Is Early Ducet going to play this week?

Miles is very secretive about his players' injuries. Public is still not sure whether Doucet torn his groin muscle or pulled it. Personally, I think Doucet will be back for the UF game on Oct 6, but I will continue to ask around... hell, I might just send Early an e-mail and hope for a response.

Coach Francione of Texas A M has sent out a private email stating that doucet will be playing. Just kidding of course.

"The schedule is to move hiim up and get him going," LSU coach Les Miles said Sunday afternoon. "I don't know the likelihood of this week. I think Early will be day to day still. I still question whether Early will get there, and I want to do what's right for him because we have a long season. And he's certainly going to be important to
us as we go forward."

I think miles will play him because he understands how important this game is. Another reason miles plays him is because this is the little game coaches play a lot now with not disclosing if their marquis player is going to be playing to give the opposing coaches someone else to prepare for. I really can't imagine Les Miles not knowing the extent of the injuries for one of his elite players.

Oh, he knows the extent of Doucet's injury, he is just playing dumb. I agree, this is the game coaches play with the media about not disclosing injuries.

Doucet did not practice today, meaning he has not practiced since Sept 14. Although news outlets will say there is a 50% chance Doucet will play, I think we can now conclude he is not playing in the UF game on Oct 6.

WoW BlueChip you honestly just give up because of no practice today (Wednesday) ?

I can understand having doubt or concerns but I figured no work on Thursday and we can count him as not starting or playing much but today I just dont see it.

Regardless if he plays or not laying -9 is a ballsy move.

Unless Flynn is magically healed the game plan of the past few weeks is going to cost the Tigers big. I wouldnt put a hard earned dollar on the back of Miles hold on to the lead at all costs mentality.

If Flynn sits in the pocket this week expect big plays the other way.

Regardless if he plays or not laying -9 is a ballsy move.

Unless Flynn is magically healed the game plan of the past few weeks is going to cost the Tigers big. I wouldnt put a hard earned dollar on the back of Miles hold on to the lead at all costs mentality.

If Flynn sits in the pocket this week expect big plays the other way.

I am not betting the game, but LSU -8 is the sharp side of this one.

Blue_Chip, please keep us updated, bro.

firsthand knowledge is one of the priceless aspects of this forum.

:shake:

sharp side huh blue chip?...I'm not agreeing with that statement...I actually agree very much with what Blue and Gold has stated...

Actually I took +9 and we will.
You know Les Miles the run the score up king.
I will sit back and watch as we (LSU fans) hurl as he clings to that massive 3 point lead.

Florida's season ends Saturday unless they do something about it.
You have a field full of young WRS running all over SOME of the routes are correct and you got the Gimp Flynn that has been pushed to play too much in worthless games running a COMPLETELY different offense than what we were clicking with at the start of the season. Now suddenly the 30lbs of tape are coming off the ankles and Flynn runs like a deer effortlessly against the best D he has faced all year? Meanwhile our 3 yards and a cloud of dust Les Miles big game offense will give our punter plenty of work. Our undertested secondary will be on the field far more than they have yet this year and we will see how good we really are. I will take a 3, 4 or even 7 point win all day damn against the defending champs.

Blue what gives you any hope that the offense is firing on 3/4 of its cylinders come Saturday. You HAVE to be putting 100% stock into the defense AND/OR homefield advantage. Or is the coaching matchup where the Tigers are hands down at an advantage?

Last note, LSU has turned it over 5 times against the Gators BOTH of the last two meetings. Blame it on Russell ALL you want the ONLY thing that is the same is THE HAT ( Big Game Les Miles).

My prediction useless as it is remains LSU 27 UF 23
And yes Florida drives to try to win but gets shutdown in LSU territory with a couple minutes to go.

Back