Iowa...Two things...Discuss...

Male sheep have baffled me the last few weeks in the Sunday league
What a mess. And that's usually the time to back a team in NFL. But sheep are so thin in offensive line now it's not an effort situation. They are playing some very bad players on offense. True to jeff fisher form tho, the defense is still elite. Which always makes them an intriguing ATS fruit. Hard to watch tho. Real hard.

What a mess. And that's usually the time to back a team in NFL. But sheep are so thin in offensive line now it's not an effort situation. They are playing some very bad players on offense. True to jeff fisher form tho, the defense is still elite. Which always makes them an intriguing ATS fruit. Hard to watch tho. Real hard.

So many missed opportunities but that defense coupled with Gurley should make them a force to be reckoned with next year. Figured they would get a taste of the playoffs this year but like you stated injuries on oline have hurt them.

what a difference coaching makes at college and pro level - helluva year for the Wolverines!
Rudduck was the best decision he made. Watch his last three games carefully. this is gonna sound like an extreme statement but-- he has basically been tom Brady. Not surprising at all tbh. I try to cap things that are steady and building and try to to discount one game anamolies Both teams are former not latter. Pretty sure. But ya never know deuce

Rudduck was the best decision he made. Watch his last three games carefully. this is gonna sound like an extreme statement but-- he has basically been tom Brady. Not surprising at all tbh. I try to cap things that are steady and building and try to to discount one game anamolies Both teams are former not latter. Pretty sure. But ya never know deuce

Strong statement. Do you think Rudock would have helped Iowa more this year than their current QB? And/or more to the point, would he help them more in the next game?

Strong statement. Do you think Rudock would have helped Iowa more this year than their current QB? And/or more to the point, would he help them more in the next game?

nope, kinda like baseball-- sometimes a trade helps both teams. Rudduck is a great kid and a good talent but for whatever reason he lost the locker room. Who knows why with 20 year old kids but it happened and I give ferentz credit for recognizing it. There is a lot in play here and I'm mostly going by player tweets but Beathard is the true leader and has the entire team on same page. Very strange dynamic but it's been this way since January last year and when ferentz announced the depth chart change. Beathard is a calm dude and a bit of an eccentric. Rex, you have been around sports enough to know-- when your best player is also your unequivocal leader and he happens to be your quarterback, good things happen. Then a perfect storm of soft schedule and a chip on shoulder due to national disrespect. And Iowa as always, gambling sheep and everyone else hate. Dude, I've been making my net on this team forever, like bar, Kyle and several others. This year is the exact perfect scenario of what this team has been the last decade, predictable for and against. Also helps that many scouts believe all five offensive lineman will play eventually on Sunday, and I doubt there are 5 people on this board who can name two of them. perfect. Gl bro, the board is at its best when you are active. Old school ctg

Purdue gave 'em all they could handle. Pimply-faced, undersized, slow engineers.

Dick. Accurate, but dick. Purdue is pretty bad, but Iowa beat them by 20 didn't they? I don't know if that is "all they can handle."

Tip you're so bitter that no one on your team cares anymore because they are all just trying to figure out when to go pro and how to announce it. Elliot definitely failed...

nope, kinda like baseball-- sometimes a trade helps both teams. Rudduck is a great kid and a good talent but for whatever reason he lost the locker room. Who knows why with 20 year old kids but it happened and I give ferentz credit for recognizing it. There is a lot in play here and I'm mostly going by player tweets but Beathard is the true leader and has the entire team on same page. Very strange dynamic but it's been this way since January last year and when ferentz announced the depth chart change. Beathard is a calm dude and a bit of an eccentric. Rex, you have been around sports enough to know-- when your best player is also your unequivocal leader and he happens to be your quarterback, good things happen. Then a perfect storm of soft schedule and a chip on shoulder due to national disrespect. And Iowa as always, gambling sheep and everyone else hate. Dude, I've been making my net on this team forever, like bar, Kyle and several others. This year is the exact perfect scenario of what this team has been the last decade, predictable for and against. Also helps that many scouts believe all five offensive lineman will play eventually on Sunday, and I doubt there are 5 people on this board who can name two of them. perfect. Gl bro, the board is at its best when you are active. Old school ctg
:shake:

Dick. Accurate, but dick. Purdue is pretty bad, but Iowa beat them by 20 didn't they? I don't know if that is "all they can handle."

Tip you're so bitter that no one on your team cares anymore because they are all just trying to figure out when to go pro and how to announce it. Elliot definitely failed...

Tip is a Domer at heart...

So many missed opportunities but that defense coupled with Gurley should make them a force to be reckoned with next year. Figured they would get a taste of the playoffs this year but like you stated injuries on oline have hurt them.
Rams were trending downward before the injuries. They're a poorly coached team that wins a few games despite Fisher. Can't win in the NFL when the HC is ignorant. Every year there's an excuse for Fisher and this year it's injuries. Has he checked the rest of the league with their injuries? He isn't capable of winning unless the stars align properly. Lastest episode of starting a backup QB who is closer to being a 3rd string is a classic move by Fisher to defer blame. Rams being mistake prone from the opening whistle is a reflection of the coaching staff.

Great info, Tee. Great to see you around. Anyone else you have going tomorrow?
Only other significant play DW is miss st in the egg bowl. Home team dominates this series and sans the tide game ole miss has been garbage on the road. This is why Prescott came back for senior year. Last time ole miss won in Starkville Eli was QB. Revenge from last year, at home, home dominated series. I believe it's a good play. Like the harbaugh's a bit better but both big plays.

I think indy rolls Purdue today also. Best one loss conference team in perhaps history of league. Purdue will get theirs but not enough to keep up with Ind dominant offensive line and explosiveness. Great tease partner if that your thing. Gl

Here is my whole card:

bigger:
mich ml (waiting)

big:
miss state ATS

medium/large

duke ATS
NW ATS
indy/Sparty 7 point tease

very hard lean: minny

Here is my whole card:

bigger:
mich ml (waiting)

big:
miss state ATS

medium/large

duke ATS
NW ATS

Seeing it pretty similar.

Curious on the NW game what you like though. Don't get me wrong, I would like this a bit on almost any other week this year but I don't see NW having much to play for other than a ten win season. Don't get me wrong, I think NW has the on the field edges, I just would rather pass than take a team that has nothing to play for while the other team actually likes their coaching replacement and wants to get to a bowl.

Also that is a very good looking teaser. Wongish to boot

Seeing it pretty similar.

Curious on the NW game what you like though. Don't get me wrong, I would like this a bit on almost any other week this year but I don't see NW having much to play for other than a ten win season. Don't get me wrong, I think NW has the on the field edges, I just would rather pass than take a team that has nothing to play for while the other team actually likes their coaching replacement and wants to get to a bowl.

Also that is a very good looking teaser. Wongish to boot

massive revenge game Kyle, fitz had this game circled preseason . Read last years post game remarks and those by fitz earlier this week. LY NW was down a bunch of players due to injuries and illy thumped them pretty good. Fitz blamed himself and said it will never happen again. So if you like the matchup but worried about motivation. Worry not. NW will be plenty motivated. Also think they can bag franchise win record. NW defense will dominate IMO. Gl today sir!

Different head coach at Illinois ... hard to go after Cubit for it but I see your angle. Good luck. Like I said, I don't hate it, I would just rather pass on it.

Here is my whole card:

bigger:
mich ml (waiting)

big:
miss state ATS

medium/large

duke ATS
NW ATS

turning pre game hard lean on minny to value HT play
minny pk 2h, medium

Xouple bad turnovers 1h by minny. Think Jerry kill effort pays off 2h. They won't quit.. Back doors will be wide open late if needed

Well it will be Mich St for a chance to advance to the playoff - with MSU showing against penn st fresh in the publics mind could help swing a few more points to Iowa.

massive revenge game Kyle, fitz had this game circled preseason . Read last years post game remarks and those by fitz earlier this week. LY NW was down a bunch of players due to injuries and illy thumped them pretty good. Fitz blamed himself and said it will never happen again. So if you like the matchup but worried about motivation. Worry not. NW will be plenty motivated. Also think they can bag franchise win record. NW defense will dominate IMO. Gl today sir!

good call. Illinois could do nothing on offense.

lmao you guys are pretty critical of the BOL guys. I did chuckle at the last comment.

It's not like them guys are sitting there and doing the work, they're just posting about 4-5 consensus numbers from people who plagiarize off each other anyways lmao

BOL Head Linesman

images

Ya wise. Several tough 3rd downs to convert contributed. Iowa has been stellar on 3rd down all year. 47 % which is tops in big ten. Bethards health is being overlooked. He has benn much less than 100% for weeks and now looks mostly healthy and in this condition , he is dual threat. Sparty is gonna get a lot of that and I think it will be tough to defend.. Dynamic rb Wadley should also be back and on turf, is electric. Losing OLB nieman to that serious concussion is something that will need to be tracked thru the week. Significant cog on defense. Very underrated. Friendly fire got him courtesy of the outlaw josey Jewell. Remember that name btw. Sophomore . Sunday player.

Ben Nieman cleared to play this week

Very entertaining game, hard hitting defense and competent QB play from both sides. Offenses moved the ball, defenses didn't give up much inside the RZ and it took a 9 minute drive from the perceived better team to win the game.

True battle, plenty of quality play from both sides.

KJ summed it up. Great drive to win it. Cook was getting rattled all half but they won with Big boy football...and the takeaways earlier kept game in reach... Iowa a heck of a team but not enough

Iowa certainly showed they belonged in that game and were one of the better teams all year. Wonder how they will come out for their bowl game now.

Great game....Cook clearly banged up as State didn't even try to throw down the field. I hope he's ready to go by 12/31.

Great game....Cook clearly banged up as State didn't even try to throw down the field. I hope he's ready to go by 12/31.

Speaking of this ...

When the bowl openers come out ... if you like the usm side, you might want to wait for full injury news because the attrition they had in the conference championship game was insane and I have no idea how severe any of it was.

Ga Southern to godaddy, app st to camelia

Is Texas now one of the more deserving 5-7 bowl teams?

Two non-home game wins against teams that were ranked in the top five in the nation at one point in the year. And they travel well.

Back