gaskldgjasklgjkasjdgkasdg
asdgasklghaskgjkasdgasd
gasklgaskldfgjl;asg
asdgasdkgasdklfjgaklsgl;kasdg
asdfgklasdfgkasjdgas
dgaskldfgjasdklfgjkasdjfgl'asdjfga
asklgjasdkl;fgjklasdfgas
dg

least favorite sporting event of all time for me. fucking bullshit.

Haha pretty sure it was me VK.

Pretty simple, TCU is undisciplined as fuck. AFA is the complete opposite. Falcons outplayed them despite being completely outmanned, plain and simple. TCU in that game was the team you could find no reason to bet against, but knew they'd find some way to fuck you up.

Haha pretty sure it was me VK.

Pretty simple, TCU is undisciplined as fuck. AFA is the complete opposite. Falcons outplayed them despite being completely outmanned, plain and simple. TCU in that game was the team you could find no reason to bet against, but knew they'd find some way to fuck you up.

it was gridironguy

the falcons did not outplay them but you are right in that tcu did fuck me up. Jpicks mentioned TCU thursday night games and how they have struggled in them.

i dont want to argue, which is what will happen if you dont think that was one of the most brutal beats ever. lets talk about 2008.

About Pulley/Hartline before we start getting in an argument about AFA/TCU...

I really, really like Hartline, I think he should be the starter. Seems like more of a natural leader and has a higher ceiling. Guy can move a little bit, enough to run for 200 yards a season or so, and has a better arm. You put him in there, Pulley can move to WR and be a triple-threat QB. Sorta like having Randel-El out there, with a fairly mobile QB. Gives UK all sorts of options, plus a much more talented WR corps. I think if Hartline takes the job, UK has a much better future and the offense looks far more promising going into next year.

As of a couple weeks ago, Phillips said Hartline was in the lead. Coulda just been to motivate Pulley, but that's what he said in the papers. Still wide open though. I just don't trust Pulley to keep defenses honest though. I want Locke and the rest of our RBs to shine, and it ain't gonna happen if there's no passing game. There won't be much of one with Pulley throwing ducks all over the place.

If Pulley takes it, I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am...

Can they do the same stuff with jones that they did with mauk and grutza ? what is mauk status ?

I don't think so. In terms on Mauk, still extrmemly slow going. End of July, maybe? I'll bump the Cincy thread a s soon as there is new news on that debacle. Believe it or not, Chazz Anderson most closely resembles Mauk in terms of mobility and arm. Jones is basically a Vick-clone with inconsistent accuracy. Grutza is the incumbent, but I don't think Kelly wants him here due to his average arm. I'll get you info as soon as something is available.

How do they replace the two DE ?

This is something we will have a better hold on after the EKU game. Andre Revels (converted LB - 66 tackles LY), Barwin (converted TE), and Carey (converted QB). Looks scary, but all reports have been positive. Carey actually led the team in tackles during spring practice.

story on jake rogers ?

Great leg, screwed up mentally. My guess is that Kelly stays with Rogers during camp and for Eastern Kentucky. If he hasn't shown anything by then, he'll go with Brandon Yingling, who is more accurate, but doesn't have a 50+ leg.

Can they generate a runnign attack this year better than last years middle of the pack 148 ypg.

Maybe, maybe not. One thing is for sure. The RBs are more suited for the spread. Last year, Moore, Ramsey, Glatthaar, and Benton were all the same kind of RB. They were between the tackle RBs that were there from the D'Antonio era. Ramsey is the only leftover from that group. Isaiah Pead is a speedster that broke Archie Griffin's HS rushing record. John Goebel also prefers to run around the end. Look for Ramsey to pass protect while the other two run and catch flare/screen routes.

Will they have to bring more guys up close to stop the run ?? they snuffed the run awesomely last year which allowed them to help in coverage in good down and distance situations. Can the secondary hold up if they have to commit linebackers and safeties closer to the LOS ?

Probably depends on the RB if they have to come up to stop the run. Against teams like WVU and Pitt, they might have to. However, I think the secondary can hold up as is. I think Mike Mickens and D'Angelo Smith are a top 5 CB tandem in the country. Kelly also plans to move Smith to safety to make roon for Ohio St. transfer Brandon Underwood. There is a chance Cincy will start 10 or even 11 senior on D this season.

That is the best I can do for now. Any unanswered Qs will be answered ASAP.

Great information on pulley/hartline. I guess i havent looked at a local newspaper from the area lately , i was under stong assumption that it would be pulley. This is good info.

Thanks for the answers Dmoney. The difference for that bearcat team between having mauk and not could be huge.

Can i get your guys take on uconn this year ? On paper they look better to me than they did last year. I obviously don't think they repeat the record but they have solid ol and dl and i think lorenzen should be even better than a year ago.

Great information on pulley/hartline. I guess i havent looked at a local newspaper from the area lately , i was under stong assumption that it would be pulley. This is good info.

Thanks for the answers Dmoney. The difference for that bearcat team between having mauk and not could be huge.

If Mauk is reinstated, I will instantly bet on Cincy +800 to win the BE. I might even if he doesn't come back.

I should note that he plans to travel with the team regardless, so the new batch of QBs should have the benefit of his "wisdom" either way.

UConn is hard to read. A lot of key guys coming back but you hate to assume they play like that again, considering all the luck they had. Interesting thing about them is you already know what'll happen in their first 7 games...very likely they win the first 4 and lose the next 3. After that, who knows what happens with them.

If Mauk is reinstated, I will instantly bet on Cincy +800 to win the BE. I might even if he doesn't come back.

I should note that he plans to travel with the team regardless, so the new batch of QBs should have the benefit of his "wisdom" either way.

Are they optimistic or pessimistic about the chances ??? The fact that the NCAA keeps delaying it , makes me think he will be allowed to return. Otherwise its kind of a cruel act imo at this point to do that to a young kid.

If Mauk comes back, no way are they 8/1 to win the BE. Clearly the 3rd best team in the conference if he returns IMO.

UConn is hard to read. A lot of key guys coming back but you hate to assume they play like that again, considering all the luck they had. Interesting thing about them is you already know what'll happen in their first 7 games...very likely they win the first 4 and lose the next 3. After that, who knows what happens with them.

The temple game and the virginia game arent automatic but , yeah you have to make them favorites there.

Can i get your guys take on uconn this year ? On paper they look better to me than they did last year. I obviously don't think they repeat the record but they have solid ol and dl and i think lorenzen should be even better than a year ago.

I have them 6th in the conference.

I am not sold on Lorenzen at all. I think he was a huge beneficiary of a great D and a good running game last year. These things could still be here this season (though UConn loses their defensive leader in Lansanah). I think they will have big problems against good run defenses (like LY versions of Cincy, Pitt, Virginia, and USF).

Their D also didn't give up 20 points until the 10th game of the season last year. Tough to envisioning them repeating that.

Here are Lorenzen numbers against conference foes:

@Pitt: 12-25, 174 yards
Louisville: 9-18, 130
USF: 13-26, 194
Rutgers: 10-21, 140
@Cincinnati: 18-37, 182
Syracuse: 16-24, 213
@WVU: 18-34, 189

Only hit the 200 mark once (against the worst team in the conference). Granted, he didn't throw all that much, but still. WR core is still meh and they lack a homerun threat. Only 96 for 185 passing (51.8%) in conference last year.

I just think that the defense will have to mirror last year's numbers (should be very difficult to do) in order to finish in the top half of the conference. They also play four conference roadies this year as opposed to three last year (though one of them is the Cuse).

Last edited:
I think their conference opener @Louisville is a must win for UConn if they have plans to finish with a winning record in the conference.

Are they optimistic or pessimistic about the chances ??? The fact that the NCAA keeps delaying it , makes me think he will be allowed to return. Otherwise its kind of a cruel act imo at this point to do that to a young kid.

I'm pessimistic. This is like the 2nd or 3rd appeal process. In the interviews, Mauk comes off as optimistic. They denied him the first two times because they don't want to set a precedent.

This is the first time Mauk gets to talk directly to the board, so he is excited. He and Kelly also believe that they have found a case similar to his, which would mean that the NCAA wouldn't need to set a precedent in order to reinstate him. We'll see.

All of the delays have been for bullshit reasons. Dealing with other cases, board members on vacation, etc. I wish I had their job.

btw from your qoute in another thread from dimichelle i dont ahve to worry about temple thinking of the robbery from last year on deck , do i ? i mean i rarely think teams like temple lookahead anyway and they have revenge for army as well. just making sure , since i know you are out that way.

btw from your qoute in another thread from dimichelle i dont ahve to worry about temple thinking of the robbery from last year on deck , do i ? i mean i rarely think teams like temple lookahead anyway and they have revenge for army as well. just making sure , since i know you are out that way.

I am not concerned about them thinking about that at all.

There has been no mention of that game in the Temple stuff I have read.

In fact, I am shocked to this day of how there was basically very little done about that game LY. Not much media attention for how horrendously bad the call was.

i just think the cuse defense is underrated a little bit and if they can just manage to find a way to get a few extra FD that the D will be even better. Not that the defense is great or anything but it is average , just put into impossible suituation after impossible situation.

Should i do my PHIL STEELE prediction ???

THE SYRACUSE ORANGEMEN WILL HAVE ONE OF THE MOST IMPROVED RUSHING ATTACKS IN THE ENTIRE NCAA IN 2008 !

<TABLE class=tborder id=post948624 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 0px solid" width=175>lindetrain<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_948624", true); </SCRIPT>
Season Ticket Holder

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_948624 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid"><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by vegaskyle
Should i do my PHIL STEELE prediction ???

THE SYRACUSE ORANGEMEN WILL HAVE ONE OF THE MOST IMPROVED RUSHING ATTACKS IN THE ENTIRE NCAA IN 2008 !

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Well duh...

:36_11_6:

Delone is back!
<!-- / message --></TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid">
user_online.gif
</TD><TD class=alt1 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #d1d1e1 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #d1d1e1 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #d1d1e1 1px solid" align=right><!-- controls --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That is what phil steele did with the miners from 2006 to 2007. Then pointed out how smart he was in his 2008 mag. Of course the miners were going to improve.

syracuse averaged 63 a game on the ground last year ... of course they are going to improve.

If that's the case, you must have them dropping one of the first four?

dont see why not.

Virginia is not outclassed at all by uconn.
Temple returns every player from a team that beat them last year.
the baylor game is a friday night game. Baylor is only a 10.5 pt dog to wake at home. Wake considerably better than uconn. Briles new systems should be in place and more understood and the crowd should be much better.

None of those are automatic wins. Think they probably drop one of them.

i guess i am not a believer in this team. ..... again.... it will prolly cost me money .... again...... hehe

Who you guys think for X and O ?

also , despite my love for schiano ... what the hell was that offensive set he was trying last year everytime that lovelace came into the game ?? that was hard to watch.

Kelly is good, but I think he can get a little too wrapped up in himself sometimes.

See: Fake Fg vs. South Florida last year that almost cost them the game.

gar what are the seven wins you see ?

Kyle, I assign one for a theoretical win, 0 for a loss and .5 for a toss-up. I often round down at the end (if nec.) as I try to be different and more realistic than most folks that always assume a team will be good. I don't force myself into categorically choosing a game as a win or loss, simply because I think that is a little bit too presumptuous when the games aren't all being played for 4.5 months.

Hofstra 1
@ Temple 1 (I will get some debate which is fine)
UVA 1
Baylor 1
@ Louisville .5
@ UNC .5
@ Rutgers 0
Cincy .5
WV 0
@ Cuse 1
@ USF 0
Pitt .5

Add them up and you get 7.

ok ... fair enough.

i guess i "lean" to the other side of all 4 of the games that you assess a 0.5 , not that i am saying they lose all of those.

On a completely unrelated note there is an awful lot of double (or more revenge) in some of the higher profile BE games. WV owes USF a couple as does Pitt. USF owes Rutgers a couple ass-kickings. Rutgers owes Cincy an ass-kicking or two. Pitt owes RU three now. A lot of streakyness and not a lot of teams alternating wins at home for instance.

Back