I sure am glad Jason Campbell sucks

Joe Public

Gabibbo's Finest
I'd hate to think about how sore and swollen my *sshole would be if he actually had some talent.

F**king Eagles. Nice effort.

damn bitter much? why would you take the eagles as 7 point favorites at (even though it's at home) and donovan and the eagles never proved anything in week 1? OR did they show you enough power that they would actually blow out a possible top 5 defense?? Or are you an iggles homer...

What pisses me off more than anything is that the Eagles clearly werent prepared and lacked effort and heart which is something I havent seen out of this particular core of players ever...Absolutely Pathetic performance tonight

couldn't say it any better myself. cambell is garbage and so is that team. it will show down the stretch

1 thing i did like about the Eagles is Gaither he's a fuckin beast no wonder why you guys dumped Trotter but I like Trotters emotion on the field he seemed to always rally the guys imo.

The reality is, you do not get into the NFL unless you have some talent.

You just don't. It's too cost prohibitive any more.

The problem for a lot of these guys is that their ceiling may very well be the floor of the NFL.

Guys like Tyler Palko barely make NFL rosters, Cade McNown (sp?) destroyed college, so did Timmy Chang. Guys like Danny Weurfell (sp?) even what's his name, the guy from FSU who started in Carolina for a while, they can look great in college, absolutely great, and never really have a chance in the NFL because either their talent doesn't translate or they can't grow.

But you don't even make the cut if you don't have talent. Hell, I give s**t to Derek Anderson, but as we saw yesterday, he's got enough talent that if you don't play defense even he can shred you.

I'm not saying Campbell's the second coming, far from it. But here's the problem with the NFL, on any given day even guys you think aren't very good can step up and bite you in the *ss because at this level everybody was some sort of All American at some level.

And tonight, that f**ker beat me up like I wasn't even his bottom b*tch.

It happens.

It's seriously irritating when homers are losing bets on their home teams. There's a rule to betting and you can read it in sports betting books... Rule #1 Vegas doesn't like to lose. RULE #2 DON'T beat on your home team.

It's that simple. Don't diss a team that out played your team. To say a team ON MNF, AT HOME, FIRST HOME GAME OF THE SEASON, FIRST GAME BACK FOR THE QB... were not prepared or lacked emotion is outright STUPID! No team wants to lose a game they should have won.... and I get back to the 2 Rules of beating... rinse and repeat.

Poor coaching to blame.

I dont know whether or not to start driving the Jon Gruden or the Bill Cowher bandwagon....

It's seriously irritating when homers are losing bets on their home teams. There's a rule to betting and you can read it in sports betting books... Rule #1 Vegas doesn't like to lose. RULE #2 DON'T beat on your home team.

It's that simple. Don't diss a team that out played your team. To say a team ON MNF, AT HOME, FIRST HOME GAME OF THE SEASON, FIRST GAME BACK FOR THE QB... were not prepared or lacked emotion is outright STUPID! No team wants to lose a game they should have won.... and I get back to the 2 Rules of beating... rinse and repeat.

Back off chief. Joe doesnt need to be lectured

And further more, all I did all night is give credit to the Skins.

They did out play the Eagles.

I was actually making the point that all day all anybody did was bag on Campbell, even I gave him no shot in that environment. I said he'd turn the ball over and he did.

But he showed a lot of guts and composure and that motherf**ker beat my *ss tonight.

But let's not revise history and say that was an easy call to see coming. I give credit to those who hit it, I absolutely do, but let's not go overboard.

I wasn't talking to/about Joe... it was about the homers in general and CMoney. We all lose bets... just take it and give credit where credit is due especially when an underdog pulls it out.

Campbell is better than what everyone thinks....

I had him raited higher than Alex Smith and Rodgers

I was dying for the Raiders to draft him in 05'

I see huge talent with the kid

Let the Haters Hate i Guess

You're right Joe... it's early in the season... for those not on this upset... there will be plenty to come and hopefully they are hit! Now what upsets might happen next week? I like hitting the lines EARLY instead of watching lines change throughout the week (which I know is bad news) ahwell.

Forza, realize I say this as a supporter of Roma actually, but you do see the irony in your signature line right now, don't you?

campbells not bad...that throw to cooley in the first half was perfect...but then he missed moss by 10 yards that woulda put the game outta reach

but come on - the story here is how much the eagles suck right now, not how good campbell is

I don't bet on roma... I bet on Lazio, Juventes and Milan. who do you bet on?

And I don't like the skins.... and I don't want to say it but I'm actually a Carolina fan... sucks!

Now what upsets might happen next week?

Honestly, I wish I knew.

I had Arizona, but then last night San Diego couldn't even stay in the game.

This week was tough. And I knew when SD lost last night that all of BetCrimes trends would be in favor of Washington tonight--there's that weird saturation level thing going on.

But even beyond that it's weird, teams like KC, NYJ getting ugly backdoor covers in games they don't really even deserve to be in. Oakland almost winning in Denver where the Broncos own them.

This week usually doesn't happen in Week Two.

well i guess now i know what it feels like to be a michigan fan...

at least we have notre dame coming in next week

campbells not bad...that throw to cooley in the first half was perfect...but then he missed moss by 10 yards that woulda put the game outta reach

but come on - the story here is how much the eagles suck right now, not how good campbell is

yeah I agree he fucked up that throw, but remeber he's young he's make up for it and learn from it.

Also he ran good today especially on that drive let in the 1st half to set them up for the TD...

Also the dude lost some nice talent in his O-Line i think 2 starters went down and Campbell still performs

This coming from a guy that lives in Virginia and is most likely a Redskins fan saying not to bet on your home team...I think that your Rule #2 is bullshit...Just because they are your home team dosent mean they are bad to bet on or against for that matter and most likely because they are your home team you probably have more knowledge about them than any other team...I have seen this core of Eagles players play before and nobody is saying they wanted to "lose the game" like you put it but they clearly lacked intensity and were completely unprepared (Andy Reid)...Dont get me wrong the Redskins played well and were clearly the better team tonight and deserved to win that game

Notre Dame is an underdog by 2 td's??? Is there an over/under for the total offensive td's they get this year (possibly set at 1??) Hell, I don't even know if Michigan State is that great...

eagles just dont have "it" this year. i dont know where "it" went. perhaps to tampa bay (jeff and trotter) and/or ne (stallworth) but its currently not in their locker room or at least i dont see it.

i dont like reid calling plays, never did.

wash ... they have two very good backs. a solid o line. a mobile young qb who can create. is he the prototypical qb like those upper tier guys (we all know who they are) ... no. if the defense can play average and their skills people in the passing game can make plays they will be back in the postseason off their 1 year skip.

if JC hits santana on that route its 27-12 wash dubya. game wasnt even this close imo.

eagles on offense is westbrook or bust. i havent a clue on they are gonna score with dallas.

This coming from a guy that lives in Virginia and is most likely a Redskins fan saying not to bet on your home team...I think that your Rule #2 is bullshit...Just because they are your home team dosent mean they are bad to bet on or against for that matter and most likely because they are your home team you probably have more knowledge about them than any other team...I have seen this core of Eagles players play before and nobody is saying they wanted to "lose the game" like you put it but they clearly lacked intensity and were completely unprepared (Andy Reid)...Dont get me wrong the Redskins played well and were clearly the better team tonight and deserved to win that game

thats the way I see it. you know more about your Team so you feel you have somewhat an adantage , the better you are but It fuckin hurts to lose a bet on your team. But I feel I know my raiders good.

I honestly thought the Raiders could beat the Broncos so i threw a unit on the ML they were close like I figured but it didnt come thru.

I don't bet on roma... I bet on Lazio, Juventes and Milan. who do you bet on?

Frankly Serie A is a big disappointment to me right now. Not because of it, because of me. I lived in Rome last year for a number of months and tried to make a point of following both Roma and Serie A since I've been back because I've felt there's a lot of money to be made there.

But I just haven't found the time.

Oh, and for the record, Lazio e' merda.

hahah I live in VA... born in Charlotte fool. I don't hate the skins and I don't love them. I see the skins fans here and they are ridiculous thinking they are going to win the superbowl every year. It's pretty obvious skins have the worst fans because they expect the SB every freakin year... it's not happening for a loooong while.

I agree with a lot of this. Many guys can be objective with their home teams. Guys like Hawaii guy, Jpicks and others in cfb are very unbiased. Now, som people will bet pruely because its their team but I think its more an exception than a rule.

hahah I live in VA... born in Charlotte fool. I don't hate the skins and I don't love them. I see the skins fans here and they are ridiculous thinking they are going to win the superbowl every year. It's pretty obvious skins have the worst fans because they expect the SB every freakin year... it's not happening for a loooong while.

Hey, solid discussion. No need to call another poster a fool. :shake:

It fuckin hurts to lose a bet on your team.

Tell me about it.

Frankly, the single best thing Philly could get this week is Detroit.

Yeah, Detroit will score on 'em, but I think the offense will get on track. I think Detroit is just what this team needs short of a Cincy, who would very likely actually beat this Eagle team.

Hey, BAR, since you're here, initial thoughts on Lions/Eagles?

I think we might get a nice number on the total.

I just don't like being called out for being a Skins fan when that is probably the last team I would want to be a fan of, next to the browns, bucs, and dolphins... man, I'd rather be a lions fan right now... jk.

next to the browns,

Hey, hey, hey now. That team scored 51 points yesterday, let's cut them a little slack.

=)

dude imagine how fucked I was yesterday to lose a bet on the Raiders ML

1 unit to win 4.

i was sick not to lose money or the money i could have won but the way my team lost that shit hurts

:bong:

It fuckin hurts to lose a bet on your team.

Tell me about it.

Frankly, the single best thing Philly could get this week is Detroit.

Yeah, Detroit will score on 'em, but I think the offense will get on track. I think Detroit is just what this team needs short of a Cincy, who would very likely actually beat this Eagle team.

i dont know... joe, i believe lions take this

lions cant score in the rezone i noticed that. the vikings linebackers provided additional pass coverage and kept em from 6 and settling to 3's and forcign turnovers.

lions are much better in open space.

Back