HUNT 2022-2023 BOWLS

Illinois/Mississippi St. under 23 first half
2.60/2

LSU -8.5 first half
1.10/1

5 games left and it's kind of starting to get depressing knowing it's coming to an end. College football is such a big part of my life and honestly some of the reason I get out of bed some days if I'm not wallowing in depression.

Not just gambling. The lead up to the weekends in the falls are the best times of the year for myself each year a lot of times... the talk about the games, rivalries, figuring out what you're gonna eat, etc.

I feel like I don't know what to do with myself when it's over some years. Especially when I live in a shitty winter state like Michigan. I live for football and summer time. Maybe this makes no sense to some people, maybe it does.

5 games left and it's kind of starting to get depressing knowing it's coming to an end. College football is such a big part of my life and honestly some of the reason I get out of bed some days if I'm not wallowing in depression.

Not just gambling. The lead up to the weekends in the falls are the best times of the year for myself each year a lot of times... the talk about the games, rivalries, figuring out what you're gonna eat, etc.

I feel like I don't know what to do with myself when it's over some years. Especially when I live in a shitty winter state like Michigan. I live for football and summer time. Maybe this makes no sense to some people, maybe it does.
I grew up in Connecticut until I graduated high school and then moved to California because of what you just said. I couldn’t allow myself to be miserable January to April. The sunshine and the energy from being outside and enjoying the good weather has been a game changer. The NFL season now gets us to mid February and a few weeks from March Madness. I look forward to my annual Tahoe trip for the 1st 2 rounds.
Might be easier said then done but Id either find a way to vacation in some nice weather during the dreadful month of February to break up the month or move to nicer climates. Hopefully your Lions get into the tournament!

Sadly it makes too much sense as I feel the same way.

Same man. Woke up today replaying the last week of gambling mistakes I made going batshit big and losing and im insanely competitive so the fact its coming to an end without chance to win back is crushing my spirit. Hard to lay off big what's left and im sitting here feeling it in my bones i have to wait another 8 months or whatever it is

college football is the tits

I grew up in Connecticut until I graduated high school and then moved to California because of what you just said. I couldn’t allow myself to be miserable January to April. The sunshine and the energy from being outside and enjoying the good weather has been a game changer. The NFL season now gets us to mid February and a few weeks from March Madness. I look forward to my annual Tahoe trip for the 1st 2 rounds.
Might be easier said then done but Id either find a way to vacation in some nice weather during the dreadful month of February to break up the month or move to nicer climates. Hopefully your Lions get into the tournament!

You are a wise man for moving. I plan to when my mom leaves this earth. Can't leave her. Quality of life is much more productive for myself with a better climate.

Same man. Woke up today replaying the last week of gambling mistakes I made going batshit big and losing and im insanely competitive so the fact its coming to an end without chance to win back is crushing my spirit. Hard to lay off big what's left and im sitting here feeling it in my bones i have to wait another 8 months or whatever it is

Oh yea. That happens too. We have all been there before. It's like a hole in your heart.. constantly replays in your head the scenarios. Take it at a learning experience and turn it into a positive be. You will become even better for it.

Oh yea. That happens too. We have all been there before. It's like a hole in your heart.. constantly replays in your head the scenarios. Take it at a learning experience and turn it into a positive be. You will become even better for it.
Yes sir. Im making notes on learnings from last week. Will post in case helps someone else

This is going to be a fun ride.

Buckle up gents, this guy digging in for what should be a helluva bowl season.

My dude knows me better than I know myself sometimes with gambling :shake7:
Nah…I just reminded you that you’re one of the best at this…bumps will happen along the road but we still continue on the path…

Great work to end the day, my friend.

My brother from another mother:shake:

Those two guys have believed in me when I didn't believe in myself even. For years.

Going to hang it up this year. Made it this far. Bowls, I normally don't play and am generally not any good at them but was determined to come into the black at the end. College football is my passion. This hobby is an art. You can have some really shitty paintings and some really amazing ones. Had terrible losses in all of November/early Decmeber which killed my profits...but then came bowl season.

Have no desire to bet the championship game at all. Just very little interest.

Rose Bowl is a true PK em and knowing myself, I could lose some live plays and unravel. Not letting that happen. Lean Utah ML though.

Thanks for rocking with me. I'll see the NFL guys over there.

Bowl Season
71-48
+114.60u

College football 2022-2023 overall record including bowls
301-235
+49.86u

It's hard with college football because we don't taper off of it. Bowl season is intense - multiple games every single day for a several week period and it's easy to get addicted to the action. And then you wake up that morning after the last bowl game and POOF it's no longer there. And the holidays are over so some of us have to go back to our day job. It's a tough adjustment.

And the way you bet is sooooo high adrenaline. Live betting is like crack. I could see the transition hitting you that much harder.

CFB is the only sport I bet. I couldn't imagine doing this 365 days per year. The transition sucks but the time off is healthy. And it's nice to be able to look forward to it for the rest of the year. Silver lining.

It's hard with college football because we don't taper off of it. Bowl season is intense - multiple games every single day for a several week period and it's easy to get addicted to the action. And then you wake up that morning after the last bowl game and POOF it's no longer there. And the holidays are over so some of us have to go back to our day job. It's a tough adjustment.

And the way you bet is sooooo high adrenaline. Live betting is like crack. I could see the transition hitting you that much harder.

CFB is the only sport I bet. I couldn't imagine doing this 365 days per year. The transition sucks but the time off is healthy. And it's nice to be able to look forward to it for the rest of the year. Silver lining.

Great point Ali. The adrenaline rush is super intense for me this time of year. Holidays, live betting every day, etc. I never thought of it that way. Yes, it is great to have the time off in hindsight, I think that's part of what makes it so special. You're right. Great post. Thanks Ali, and Happy New Year!

Back