How isnt Detroit value?

BetCrimes1984

CTG Big Brother
I've been looking into this one, and I'm failing to see how the pointers arent for the Wings...

- OK, Nashville has a great home record. But the fact is during their present slump (W/L 4-7 last 11, which follows their having gone 10-1 -> that sole loss being to Detroit) they're only 4-3 @home. While one might point to the fact that 2 of those wins were blankings of 2 very/good opponents (Ducks & Sharks), the fact is they caught those teams during slumps of their own (Ducks going 5-11, Sharks 3-7) and where slump met slump, home advantage clinched matters.

- Of these teams 3 meetings this season, the home team has won everytime. In Detroit, 3-0 & 5-3 to the Wings, in Nashville 6-2 to the Preds. Detroit entered their 2 home fixtures with 4 wins in their previous 4 games, and entered their road fixture with 4 losses in their previous 4 games. They enter this game tonight with 3 wins in their last 4 games (their only loss I'm tempted to say simply because they had this fixture up next - I def. think the Oils got a look ahead performance from the moment the Wings went up 2-0 last night).

- While Detroit's road form isnt as impressive as Nashville's home form, since that loss in Nashville they have won 2 of their 3 statistically toughest road fixtures, at Dallas & New Jersey - losing only in Anaheim (Detroit there playing B2B road games off 2 road losses - their scheduling & form headed into this game, while a B2B situation, is still far less "brutal").

- Recent Special teams performances

Nashville at home during their present 4-7 overall slump
PP - 17.0%
PK - 17.1% .... -0.1%

Detroit on the road during their present 9-3 overall streak
PP - 24.1% .... +10.4%
PK - 13.7%

Losing in the shootout, and badly (1st time they havent registered a goal on 3 shots this season), last night to the Oils which denied them the point that would have guaranteed that even after a loss here tonight they would have still been tied on points with the Preds (at 86), I think works even further for those who like the Wings. Theres no consolation of *we're still tied on points and games played at worst* after losing this one, now. Sure Nashville might find their game to end their slump here, but frankly their recent form is not impressive. Their wins over the Sharks and Ducks are simply not what they seem, and other than that its home wins over the lucky to be playoff bound Leafs & non-playoff bound Coyotes. I make this game closer than the odds present, so I'm taking the Wings at +130 (incl. OT)

Last edited:
Thanks, rufus. BOL with your plays as well.

Nashville might find their slump busting performance tonight, but I dont see how anyone plays the odds they're offering to bank on that.

i think Nash prolly wins...but i wouldn't pay that price to take them, in what i think should be an excellent game.
so i guess, by default, i agree that any "value" would be on the Wings side...despite last nite.

Yanks, not playing this large out of respect for their home record. But out of respect for, by their standards, horrible recent form, I'm playing it full stop, lol.

I'm on the over in this one BC. The value is surely on the Wings, can't be on the slumping Preds however I can't back them on the road after yesterday.

GL :shake:

GL Satyr. Yesterday doesnt worry me in the slightest, since as I noted Detroit picking up 2 points would have given them a cushion that now doesnt exist. The mere fact of the B2B is more relevant, and the last time they lost at Nash they were playing in a home-away B2B situation, but were badly slumping then.

My read is either team can win a close one, but only 1 team, on present form, can deliver the easy result. And that team is paying the plus money. Can't ignore that.

Yanks, imo DET up 3-2 on a PP inside the last 3 mins, Nashville wins once in 10 games from there, and tonight happened to be the one game. I dont feel bad about what I risked at all.

Yanks, imo DET up 3-2 on a PP inside the last 3 mins, Nashville wins once in 10 games from there, and tonight happened to be the one game. I dont feel bad about what I risked at all.

and you shouldn't. it's the way things go sometimes...
but that's what i meant before...even though it didn't work out in the end, you had the right side tonight imo.

same fixture, same bet for me.

Detroit is 5-1 after its last 6 losses, and while that sole loss was @Nash, as indicated above they were simply unlucky (to say the least) to lose that game. Power play goals did them in then, hope they're more disciplined tonight. Their division crown hopes almost disappear should they blow this double header.

missed this BC, tough game to take a side, but the plus on Det did present some value, especially fitting some of your criterias.

GL man, rooting for a big Detroit win then

Thanks Santa. DET just scored to go up 2-1.

My memory was off thinking PP goals did them in last time. I know you have the Over, so I'll take a 4-2 Wings win from here.

Thanks, Yanks. Can't help but feel the tang of justice with this result. I agree with taking Nash tonight, just havent made up my mind whether I personally will yet. Just have a weak spot when teams play B2B for potentially losing money ("giving it back") going against a team I won money on in the first game, in the return game. Since my lean is Nash I'll prob pass. BOL

Back