How is KC going to score tonight?

Capaholic I’m shocked you cannot see Mahomes is a fraud.

Kc has won 3 games vs teams with a winning record?

Hmmm. Barely 3 with Baltimore.

Mahomes has beaten world beaters

Raiders
Zona
Bengals
Niners
Cleveland
V cavs garbage jags.
Denver

He plays good teams he loses. Same thing at Texas tech.

I argue you throw in Rosen Or Reagean Mayfield Goff they post same numbers vs these teams.

The man has played a Cfl calibrre schedule.

He played 3 teams with winning records. In all 3 games in the 4 th qtr he threw an ill advised lob ball int that a grade 5 qb would get benched for.

The man is not a star.

Cap I prefer the if I were a Chiefs fan perspective because quite simply, every Chiefs fan I know, like at an 11/10 clip would want Mahomes. I think they're ludicrous, easier to say as a non-Chiefs fan with now minimal rooting interest, to not think Andrew Luck could win at a ridiculous clip with the weapons on that team. But that's just me. And I prefer the non-fan opinion. Mahomes has been fun. He hasn't shown anything as far as sustainability, adapting to defenses for a few years, or hell even what he would be if he was on a roster like the Jets or something. I only say that because it would be too easy to say the locals. But with how rosters change in the NFL, that will need to be shown sooner rather than later.

I only pick Luck because he's the best college QB I've seen in my lifetime. And the drama of the shoulder wasn't as exciting, but he's wasting his career in Indy. Can't imagine what he would do with your roster. Pocket QBs will determine longevity, that's become fairly well documented over time. And we could throw several QBs in, obviously Rodgers at the top of the list...I just use Luck because he legitimately IS the Colts

I think Sammy has some valid points. I don't agree with saying Mahomes is 'Packing It In For The Season.' That's Ludicrous. Will teams start to figure him out next year or year after? Sure. Possible. But he ain't pack it up, pack it in, let him begin! It's his first season and he's doing well. Tonight's game smells like over to me. I may wait till halftime. GL To ALL!!! :shake::cheers6::keepaway:

I agree I think Mahomes has packed it in for the season--

Hes used to the college season- Coordinators know his game now-

Hes likely ready to just mail the rest of the season in.

c'mon bro. if i remember right, you were so high on Ortega while I was spouting Max.. we know how that turned out. :)

Mahomes is the real deal. Not saying it's a lock that KC wins tonight, but Mahomes is a bad ass.

Last edited:
8 out of the 13 games they played the opponent was .500 or above at the time of the game.

Football Outsiders rates their schedule 10th best in the league.

And I love the double standards here at CTG

KC beats the #1 d by 3 with LA on deck, shame on them.

LA barely beats the Bengals... they were looking ahead!!

Hey Sammy. Master investor, smeller of value. This is a community that shares knowledge. Where are your plays? Where are your money investment tips for those who visit the site looking for longtime cappers to help them? I’ll hang up and listen. Have a great night. Heading out for the game.

This game just screams under to me. 3rd string backs on both teams, Bosa back, Watkins out, Hill a little nicked, Rivers in KC struggles, short week, limited practice. These guys hit 66 last time with a 91 yard punt return in the mix. Can the above factors take this from 59 down to under 54? I think so.

This game just screams under to me. 3rd string backs on both teams, Bosa back, Watkins out, Hill a little nicked, Rivers in KC struggles, short week, limited practice. These guys hit 66 last time with a 91 yard punt return in the mix. Can the above factors take this from 59 down to under 54? I think so.

Agreed. The only thing giving me a little bit of pause is everyone seems to be on the under. Although maybe that's just the majority of people on here, and that may not be a bad thing.

Sammy is the best....he cracks we up....Mahommes has put up numbers like no rook in the history of the sport, shows incredible maturity for his age, instincts of a QB with 8-9 years experience and Sammy has him dead and buried....lmao

Agreed. The only thing giving me a little bit of pause is everyone seems to be on the under. Although maybe that's just the majority of people on here, and that may not be a bad thing.

Everyone was on Oakland sunday and how'd that go? Sometimes CTG majority is pretty smart :) This isn't blankets. 65% in "real life" on the over. Not that either way matters for results lol

I'm going with my gut and go small play Over 10.5 1st Q +115. I'm gonna go Over 54.5 -110, and maybe something at the half. Gut tells me Rivers gonna show up big time and show up Mahomes...:peacesigns:

KC TT just moves to 29, they got me I have to take the under. If and injured team on a short week can score 30 on a good defense so be it they deserve my money!
Probably going to a low scoring fg win by kc..who knows but as long as they don’t score!
GL

Everyone was on Oakland sunday and how'd that go? Sometimes CTG majority is pretty smart :) This isn't blankets. 65% in "real life" on the over. Not that either way matters for results lol

Which is exactly why I said "although maybe that's just the majority on here, and that may not be a bad thing." Maybe you didn't read the entire comment?

Which is exactly why I said "although maybe that's just the majority on here, and that may not be a bad thing." Maybe you didn't read the entire comment?

Dude why are you so annoyingly snarky lol? Maybe you didn't understand that I was agreeing with the "although" part of what you said? Geez. Take a chill pill or take your bad attitude somewhere else and enjoy the game.

Dude why are you so annoyingly snarky lol? Maybe you didn't understand that I was agreeing with the "although" part of what you said? Geez. Take a chill pill or take your bad attitude somewhere else and enjoy the game.

I was replying to your snark with my snark. Sorry, guess I misunderstood, it sure seemed snarky.

I was replying to your snark with my snark. Sorry, guess I misunderstood, it sure seemed snarky.

Did not intend snark at all, i am sorry if you took it that way. Was trying to agree with the latter half of what you said enthusiastically

Lol, perfect. He shouldn't even suit up tonight, no need to ruin his resume.

Let's propose a middle ground. Since he can't throw in the pocket, he should just throw the ball away or kneel if he can't break free. That way he won't throw too many interceptions

Answer: Defense Int on 2d play of game. Then a 10 play TD drive @ 9:00 of 1st qtr (including Mahomes out of pocket pass for a 1st down on a 3rd down and for the TD)

Nice play but who the fk isn't going for the throwing arm on that tackle? Seems like taking the right arm is the right play. Always.

Just looked odd

"Isn't it ironic, dont you think", Alanis Morissette.

Capaholic I’m shocked you cannot see Mahomes is a fraud.

Kc has won 3 games vs teams with a winning record?

Hmmm. Barely 3 with Baltimore.

Mahomes has beaten world beaters

Raiders
Zona
Bengals
Niners
Cleveland
V cavs garbage jags.
Denver

He plays good teams he loses. Same thing at Texas tech.

I argue you throw in Rosen Or Reagean Mayfield Goff they post same numbers vs these teams.

The man has played a Cfl calibrre schedule.

He played 3 teams with winning records. In all 3 games in the 4 th qtr he threw an ill advised lob ball int that a grade 5 qb would get benched for.

The man is not a star.

I have no clue how you can watch some the throws he makes and say this shit?? Does his pocket game need some work? Probably, but you can coach that, this is his 1st year starting after all, you can’t coach some the things he does that are simply god given ability of which he has off the charts.

I pushed back on the mahomes hype a lot early on (just my nature) but more I watch him the more he makes play 90% of the starting qbs in this league simply can’t make. I don’t even think that disputable.

You talkin about who he has done wha against but last week the ravens put a beating on him and he just made one winning play after another when they needed it.

I have no clue how you can watch some the throws he makes and say this shit?? Does his pocket game need some work? Probably, but you can coach that, this is his 1st year starting after all, you can’t coach some the things he does that are simply god given ability of which he has off the charts.

I pushed back on the mahomes hype a lot early on (just my nature) but more I watch him the more he makes play 90% of the starting qbs in this league simply can’t make. I don’t even think that disputable.

You talkin about who he has done wha against but last week the ravens put a beating on him and he just made one winning play after another when they needed it.

Running to your right or left on the move and unleashing a throw is nice to watch. It’s an impressive feat.

But as good as those throws are a good qb coach would chastise Mahomes for making such throws.

You see making those throws is not supposed to happen in the first place. You are supposed to go through your progressions.

These plays to the casual fan may be impressive but to the position coach they are a sign of not playing qb the right way.

You cannot win divisional games by running around playing sandlot football and making ill advised throws. That’s flag football style.

Mahomes short comings cannot be coached.

He’s a guy with a tremendously talented arm. But other than arm I see most of his game being sub par

Footwork is sub par
Pocket awareness is sub par
Touch throws is sub par
Rolls to his right too much. Sub par quality
Reading defenses is sub par. Holds ball way too long
Leadership is sub par

Arm strength is Elite
Ability to throw on run is Elite
Ability to throw off platform is Elite
Ability to throw deep is Elite

As you can see from my scouting report which trust me is better and more accurate than any other scouting report out there. And I’ve not seen most of his snaps. I’ve seen about 4 full games of Mahomes.

All his elite qualities are related to Throwing. Being a mlb prospect his arm is his real asset.

The finer points of quarterbacking are lacking in this man. From footwork to reading defenses to touch throws to leadership is sub par.
He could improve but I see him as the modern day Favre. High risk qb that cannot be relied on to win the tight games.

Mahomes does make plays that 90% of qbs cannot make in the league. But the 90% also don’t have to make those plays because they play from the pocket and win from the pocket.

The ultimate test imo for a Qb is this.

It’s fthird and goal from the opponents 5 yard line.
It’s the last minute of the game. You have no timeouts.
Can you score a td by throwing the ball?

Russel Wilson Super Bowl. Fail
Colin Kapernick. Super bowl. Fail
Cam newton earlier this year. Fail

Rivers last night. Win he made the throw.

Mahomes wouldn’t be able to make the quick throw. He would bail on the pocket and try to make a pass on the run.
I have little appreciation for such QBs. They aren’t winners.
There is a reason why the nfl dislikes running QBs. Because they are not successful. The game is played from the pocket.

If chiefs were smart they would not sign Mahomes to a long term contract.

I would look to the draft in the next few years to try and find a franchise QB. Mahomes is Chris Chandler from the Falcons!
He will put up good numbers but will not win any close divisional games.

Rams loss
Pats loss
Charges loss

All 3 games Mahomes did not produce in the fourth qtr late because defenses will make you play from the pocket late in games. As we saw Sandieho easily sack him late because his eyes were on the pass rushers as he was only looking to run and nor throw,

What you are saying he does that so wrong (improv out of pocket) is 90% of Rodgers game and ppl talk of Rodgers as being one of the best of this generation.

Have you watched football the last decade? Improv, “sandlot”, whatever you want to call it is becoming the norm and pretty much a must if you want to pick up critical 3rd downs.

If chiefs were smart they would not sign Mahomes to a long term contract.

I would look to the draft in the next few years to try and find a franchise QB. Mahomes is Chris Chandler from the Falcons!
He will put up good numbers but will not win any close divisional games.

Rams loss
Pats loss
Charges loss

All 3 games Mahomes did not produce in the fourth qtr late because defenses will make you play from the pocket late in games. As we saw Sandieho easily sack him late because his eyes were on the pass rushers as he was only looking to run and nor throw,

You are crazy. So kid playing his 1st year loses to 3 of the best teams in the league and that means he not a franchise qb?? He gonna only lose 1 game in the afc West this year, rivers lost 2, Is rivers a franchise qb?? You do realize pretty much every other gm in the league would happily take him as their franchise qb right?? Btw how many points did kc score in those games you saying he lost?? Pretty damn sure his style put up enough points to win every one of those games!! , the only one you can even really fault him for was the rams game just cause he turned it over a ton that game (it happens)., his defense is terrible, he lost his rb, yet his team scores at least 28 basically every game!

This really annoying me cause I don’t wanna be the mahomes defender!!

Nice play but who the fk isn't going for the throwing arm on that tackle? Seems like taking the right arm is the right play. Always.

Just looked odd

Kid will throw it with his left! Can’t say I like when he tries this but saw it attempted again last night. Think he actually saw the flag for holding in chargers secondary tho so if that the case by all means go for it!!

Back