HORSE RACING LIVE IN-GAME

wiseplayer

Pretty much a regular
If any of you are working from home like I am, how hasn't this thread not started. I'm just discovering channel 602 on direct tv. This is it guys.
Yesterday was my 1st day. There's good analysis. You can watch the horses being walked for a pre race eye test. Mix in the horses odds and there's enough to place a few $ per race.
Outside an occasional wager on the Kentucky Derby, I never bet horses, but with someone like me who loves to have action, this is great. This allows me to study and get my mind working to find an edge. I'll be here until we have other sports begin their season.
I cant imagine we a cant have some fun and put out minds together and find some winners, especially after I get to know this sport more. I hit 2 1st place winners and a few Shows. I still have A LOT more to understand, I'm a total rookie, but WHY NOT??? My motto is a buck a bet.
1st races on the board are at 10am Pacific.
Any thoughts are welcomed. GL!

Fucking monsoon at Gulfstream! You could see the horses on the track buy #6 wins the race! Fucking awesome. Meanwhile at Oaklawn Park Arkansas is having great weather. I'm starting to get hooked!

Remington Park Race 1 7:00 post EST

$50 win/place #6 (4-1 morning line) 8-1 with 20 MTP

Faced better let's see if the drop in class helps.

#4 should win this 3rd race at Renington. Not crazy about 2-1 but sometimes you have to just take it.

#4 should win this 3rd race at Renington. Not crazy about 2-1 but sometimes you have to just take it.
I took the #4 to show. Here's the deal. Odds suck for #4 to show but it's still a winner. #4 lost as the winner.
I need to be told what's best in the long run. Lose more bets hoping for a long shot? Seems like horse racing is a losing proposition. Just risk low to show and hope you're right more than wrong.

Show bets do suck. Place bets too. I prefer to play exotics, exactas trifectas, etc. They are harder to hit, but the payoffs are better.

But on here I try to post horses I think are going to win, so if anyone out there tails.

Been working on R9 at Oaklanw today the Fantasy Stakes. Leaning on #5 Harvey's Lil Goil. Morning line 12-1....hoping she stays at 7-1 or 8-1. Looking to beat the chalk in that race. Going to be some prices this weekend with all these full fields.

If you don't follow Chris Fallica on Twitter he will go through the card at OP and GP race by race and offers up some good price horses.

I'm winning the majority of my Show bets. I even hit on 1 horse, win, place, show and it still didnt pay shit.
I think I'll be betting $1 to show and just have fun with this. I'd rather have a winning ticket on Show than piss away money.

Been working on R9 at Oaklanw today the Fantasy Stakes. Leaning on #5 Harvey's Lil Goil. Morning line 12-1....hoping she stays at 7-1 or 8-1. Looking to beat the chalk in that race. Going to be some prices this weekend with all these full fields.

If you don't follow Chris Fallica on Twitter he will go through the card at OP and GP race by race and offers up some good price horses.

I came down to her and the 7 Shedaresthedevil (12-1 ml) Just trying to find a price and try and beat the big chalk Venetian Harbor. Should be a really good race.

5 Harvey down to 9/2. Played her across the board and over some of the big bombs in the EX. Need a win, been a tough day.

I placed 40 bets today and won $8 on dollar bets. Once I figured out that you can't win taking long shots, I started taking the top end horses to show. You dont get good odds at all but what you do get are consistent winning tickets

I placed 40 bets today and won $8 on dollar bets. Once I figured out that you can't win taking long shots, I started taking the top end horses to show. You dont get good odds at all but what you do get are consistent winning tickets

Play whatever works for you but I do think long term that's not a great strategy. Playing $2 Show bets on a favorite to win .40 and such. A lot of favorites seem to pull back late if they aren't going to win, costing themselves the Place/Show money.

If you like the Place/Show bets I'd find some longer shots that still pay 2-1, 3-1 if they finish 2nd or 3rd.

I went to bet Charlatan this morning on the fixed odds at 5Dimes as I think he goes off at 2/5 or 1/5. He was -160 and when I went to hit submit it went up to -210. Still probably value.

I was thinking all week about who to use to beat Nadal in R13 and the more I think about it the more I think he probably wins. Could be a Baffert double.

I went to bet Charlatan this morning on the fixed odds at 5Dimes as I think he goes off at 2/5 or 1/5. He was -160 and when I went to hit submit it went up to -210. Still probably value.

I was thinking all week about who to use to beat Nadal in R13 and the more I think about it the more I think he probably wins. Could be a Baffert double.

Much like me and certain romantic relationships, I feel like I’ve been looking for any reason to NOT take Nadal, but the closer we get, the more I think it’s the play.

Spot plays for me. Oaklawn

Race 2) #6 Scolding (7-2 ml) This filly has loads of ability, but is only making her debut today. Not ideal. Lots of unknowns in here.Just trusting assmussen

Race 6) #4 Friars Road (7-2 ml) Love this guys upside. Adds blinkers. Should love the added ground.

Race 8) #1 Benintendi (8-1 ml) Here you go Sox fans. Gonna play come and catch me. I don't think this is a great group.

Hard not to think of Justify when seeing Charlatan both on paper and in flesh. Really hope he shows he's the goods today and gets some more buzz for racing.

Last edited:
Spot plays for me. Oaklawn

Race 2) #6 Scolding (7-2 ml) This filly has loads of ability, but is only making her debut today. Not ideal. Lots of unknowns in here.Just trusting assmussen

Race 6) #4 Friars Road (7-2 ml) Love this guys upside. Adds blinkers. Should love the added ground.

Race 8) #1 Benintendi (8-1 ml) Here you go Sox fans. Gonna play come and catch me. I don't think this is a great group.

Nice winner by 6 lengths in R2

6/5 right now on Friars Road. Way too low on him. #7 is dangerous in here to go wire to wire.

Friars Road 2nd. Not a great trip but sure wasnt worth 6/5. That's the problem with posting plays early in the day. You have no idea what odds they will be.

Ain't no Elmer's getting in shouldve helped Gamines price a bit. But so far, no.

Yeah. You never know. 3yo.filly traveling across the country going 2 turns for the 1st time? She's probably the goods but not at 1/2.

See how Benintendi does here. Speed on the rail has been good so far. Also played 1-4-10 exacta box.

Nothing more from me till the 11th

$50 exacta 1-11

$10 trifecta 1 with 11 with 3,4,9

$10 trifecta 1 with 3,4,9 with 11

$5 trifecta 1 with 4,11 with 4,11

That horse lost by 10 to Charlatan and won for fun. That obviously flatters Charlatan

Back