Help with fantasy baseball keepers

TheHbomb

Pretty much a regular
Okay, a little early, but I am bored...

Get to keep up to 6 players at the round they were drafted minus 1 round each year (last year inaugural draft). For example, last year in the initial draft I got Mookie Betts in the 11th. I can keep him as a 10th rounder. We also had a 6 round rookie draft (which I flat out dominated). Any of those guys can be kept for a 9th round pick. I won last year, going away. 10 team highly competitive league. 6x6 with quality starts and OPS as the extra categories. Here is what I am looking at...

Bryce Harper (1)
Jose Bautista (1)
Chris Sale (2)
Stephen Strasburg (2)
Matt Harvey (4)
Corey Kluber (4)
Zach Greinke (5)
Jason Kipnis (7)
Jake Arrieta (7)
Kyle Schwarber (9)
Nelson Cruz (9)
Todd Frazier (9)
Miguel Sano (9)
Mookie Betts (10)
Matt Carpenter (11)
Carlos Carrasco (11)
Danny Salazar (14)
JD Martinez (15)
Jeurys Familia (26)

Pissed this isn't a dynasty

Arrieta
Schwarber
Betts
Greinke
Sano
Familia

That would be my first instinct as far as getting value. Maybe keep Harper over one of the bottom three? Maybe I'm overrating Greinke?

I like cub's list, although I'd probably talk myself into Harper over Grienke, just because I usually overdraft hitters and he's fun to have. And normally wouldn't keep a closer, but that guy at 26 makes it tough not to.

Thanks fellas. I think I am definitely keeping Schwarber since he will be catcher eligible, Betts, and Sano. I am strongly considering keeping JD Martinez at round 15 value.

I also should add that we can trade players for draft picks, so that is an option as well, but not sure I want to do that as most guys will have to keep 1st and 2nd round players. I can start off with 6 great picks and not have to forfeit a pick until round 9, unless I keep Harper. I'm not really sure.

Correction, JD Martinez can be kept as a 16th rounder. I also have an offer for the 2nd overall pick in the draft in exchange for Todd Frazier. I might take that deal. I think right now I am keeping:

Betts
Sano
Schwarber
Martinez
Arrieta

For my last pick trying to decide among:

Famila (26)
Harper (1)
Frazier (11) [could trade him for a pick and keep another]
Cruz (9)
Greinke (5)

so you would get the #2 pick (who would be available?) and then keep Familia, Harper, Cruz, or Greinke?

Have no idea at this point who might be available, but definitely other guys I don't keep. Remember, though, if any guy isn't kept, they lose their keeper value, so if I don't keep Greinke and then take him with the #2 pick, he would cost a first round pick after this year as opposed to the fourth round and so forth. Harper would certainly go #1, so I likely wouldn't have a chance at him if I choose not to keep him, but Bautista would be there. The top 10 in redrafts would be gone I imagine.

Revised/narrowed down list. I made some trades to accumulate more draft picks. I need to pick 5 from this list below, with round keeper value in parentheses.

1. Betts (10)
2. Arrieta (7)
3. Sano (9)
4. Schwarber (9)
5. JD Martinez (15)
6. Carlos Carrasco (10)
7. Nelson Cruz (9)

I am leaning towards the first 5, but I keep considering Carlos Carrasco for a 10th rounder because I feel like he's going to have a monster year. Really not sure if I want to keep 2 pitchers. I will have 2 of the first 8 picks in the draft (3 of the first 13 and 5 of the first 21).

I would keep first 5. Like carrasco but not as much as the other guys, and pitching is easier to find than the power your 3-5 will provide at their respective positions.

I'd go Carrasco over JD. But I'm Mr. Tribe, so probably throw that suggestion out.

Ended up keeping betts, sano, Martinez, arrieta, and schwarber. I was really close to trading schwarber for a first round pick and keeping carrasco, but I love schwarber too much. Value was tough to turn down.

So I have those 5 which cost me my 7th, 9th, 13th, 15th, 17th, and 19th picks. I also picked up an additional first round pick. In the redraft I have the 4th, 8th, 14th, 22, 25th, 35th, and 36th picks. Not bad for a 12 team league.

Available players include:

Bautista
Bogaerts
Harvey
Gomez
Jose Fernandez
Strasburg
Nelson Cruz
Puig
Upton
Greinke
Kluber
Carrasco
Darvish
Rendon
Cano
Adam jones
Braun
Freeman
Carpenter
Kyle seager

I should be in really good shape. Probably will look to move around in the draft and make up for the multiple picks I had to forfeit.

Back