haha SEC

Defenses are awesome. South Carolina willstill haev a chance to get in final four because they are in the vaunted SEC with awesome defenses

NY eve and day Massacre of recent memory comes to mind

it is a shit conference at the moment....not debatable

I think anyone who did their homework on these teams knew that both defenses are pretty weak, hence me betting OVER the total. More than anything I think this game showed two things. First it demonstrated once again how much better the SEC West is versus the SEC East. And secondly it demonstrated that Texas A&M is a legitimate title contender.

Last edited:
I think anyone who did their homework on these teams knew that both defenses are pretty weak, hence me betting OVER the total. More than anything I thing this games showed two things. First it demonstrated once again how much better the SEC West is versus the SEC East. And secondly it demonstrated that Texas A&M is a legitimate title contender.
:shake:

So we gon just gloss over Temple wiping their nuts on Vandy. Alright cool, we not gon speak about ole 6-18 over the last 2yrs Temple from the AAC smearing ball juice all over Vandy AT VANDY. Nope won't mention it.

So we gon just gloss over Temple wiping their nuts on Vandy. Alright cool, we not gon speak about ole 6-18 over the last 2yrs Temple from the AAC smearing ball juice all over Vandy AT VANDY. Nope won't mention it.

Did anyone anywhere predict Vandy to be good this season?

Texas A&M's big 24-point win over South Carolina on Thursday night paid off to the tune of more than $1 million for some Aggies fans.
The Ashley Furniture branch located in College Station, where Texas A&M is based, offered all furniture purchased from Aug. 16 through Aug. 27 for free if the Aggies beat the Gamecocks by at least 10 points.
[h=4]SportsNation: Is A&M for real?[/h]
espn_sportsnation_80.gif
Is Kenny Hill going to be a star? Will the Aggies contend for the College Football Playoff? Vote! »
2014 predictions? »

Mark Wilks, who owns the store, told ESPN.com on Thursday night that more than 600 people bought items during that time period totaling more than $1 million in sales. One customer, Wilks said, bought $20,000 worth of furniture.
"We've wanted to do this for three or four years now," said Wilks, whose store is an official sponsor of Aggies athletics. "This was really good for us."
Wilks said that thanks to the promotion, his store had its best month of sales in the eight years it has been open.
The furniture store is not going out of business thanks to fact that Wilks took out insurance. With the Aggies a 10½-point underdog, Wilks was able to get the insurance relatively cheap. He says he'll pay the insurance company roughly 15 percent of the total that they will reimburse to customers.
Said Wilks: "We're going to have a big check-writing party at the store."
Furniture stores have been popular businesses when it comes to sports giveaways.
Massachusetts-based Jordan's Furniture famously gave away more than $30 million in furniture when the Boston Red Sox won the World Series in 2007. Houston-based Gallery Furniture said the Seattle Seahawks' Super Bowl win in February resulted in giving back $7 million in sales.
Jordan's had insurance on the promotion; Gallery Furniture said it did not.

Did anyone think they were 30 points Temple's inferior?

I cheer for an SEC team, but I'm not an SEC apologist. In fact, they can all lose every game for all I care. But no, based on the last few seasons, that should not have happened. But, it's not like Vanderbilt is some traditional power.

P.S. My wife went to Vandy, so I guess I have to claim them too. That was pathetic last night. Mason has a lot of learning to do on how to be the head guy

Just saying I said this in July

Septimius Severus‏@apesnbears

Texas A&M is gonna be GOOD!!! Watch out for them, this may be no Manziel rebuild year
· Favorited
· More
· FAVORITE1
·
8:38 AM - 21 Jul 2014

TAMU beating SC shows the "strength of the SEC" Wisconsin beating OSU would be "Big Ten is so bad that OSU lost to Wisconsin"

Also said this last Thursday. Shrugs

Septimius Severus (@apesnbears)
8/21/14, 12:21 PM
Boise could be in for a whipping vs Ole Miss. As long as Dr Bo doesn't have any malpractice. Broncs replacing 2 All conf OL

Download the official Twitter app here

Sent from my iPhone

Come on YesSir. We beat your #3 Big Ten team with our #4 SEC Team. Beat #2 ACC team with our #3. Yall can keep hating and we can keep winning, its all gravy with me

[h=1]SEC reaches poll milestone[/h]Updated: October 19, 2014, 6:05 PM ET
<cite class="source">ESPN.com news services</cite>

<!-- end mod-article-title --> <!-- begin story body -->
[h=5]Four SEC West Teams In AP Top Five[/h]For the first time ever, four teams from the same conference are ranked in the top five of the AP Top 25 -- and all four are from the same division. ESPN college football reporter Adam Rittenberg provides his rankings reaction.Tags: NCF, Alabama Crimson Tide, Auburn Tigers, Mississippi State Bulldogs, Ole Miss Rebels, Oregon Ducks, Utah Utes, Baylor Bears, Kansas State Wildcats, Arizona Wildcats

Four SEC West Teams In AP Top Five[h=6]NEXT VIDEO
video2.png
[/h]

The Southeastern Conference has reached a new milestone in The Associated Press college football poll, becoming the first league to place four teams in the top five -- all from the western division.

<!-- begin inline 1 -->[h=4]Associated Press Top 10[/h]
i
The SEC Western Division race carries huge national implications as four teams currently reside in the top five of the AP Poll.
Complete poll | Power rankings
1. Miss. St. (43)6. Oregon
2. Florida St. (14)7. Notre Dame
3. Ole Miss (3)8. Michigan St.
4. Alabama9. Georgia
5. Auburn10. TCU

<tbody>
</tbody><tfoot>
[TD="colspan: 2"] First-place votes in parenthesis [/TD]

</tfoot>

<!-- end inline 1 -->Mississippi State stayed No. 1 after a weekend off. The Atlantic Coast Conference's Florida State held its ground at No. 2 after beating then-No. 5 Notre Dame 31-27.
Ole Miss remains No. 3. Alabama jumped three spots to No. 4 after a 59-0 victory against Texas A&M. Auburn moved up a spot to No. 5 during a bye week, taking advantage of losses by previously unbeaten Notre Dame and Baylor.
The Irish dropped two spots to seventh. Baylor fell to No. 12 after losing 41-27 at West Virginia.
Thirty times since 2001 a conference has placed three teams in the top five of the AP Top 25. The SEC had done it 16 times since 2009.
The Seminoles (7-0, 4-0 ACC) control their own destiny, however, as no currently ranked teams remain on the schedule.

<!-- begin inline 2 --><!-- INLINE MODULE -->
[h=4]SportsNation: Your CFB Top 25?[/h]
espn_sportsnation_80.gif
Would you have four SEC West teams in the top five? Would Mississippi State be No. 1 on your list? Rank 'Em »

<!-- END INLINE MODULE --><!-- end inline 2 -->They are one of only three top-five teams that are still undefeated, and both No. 1 Mississippi State and No. 3 Ole Miss have at least two more games against ranked teams.
The Bulldogs and Rebels face each other in the regular-season finale in the Egg Bowl, so one is guaranteed to end the season with a loss.
"You can say whatever you want: This team is dominant,'' FSU coach Jimbo Fisher said after beating Notre Dame. "This team understands how to win. ... This team has tremendous what I call 'adversity tolerance.' It doesn't flinch. It can deal with anything.''

Pretty sure #9 is the best team in the nation

Possibly, but the schedule has been pretty light thus far. But they are getting better each week and seem to have the most well-rounded team in the conference

Like VK has said I'm somewhat convinced #9 is playing the best football in the country right now and I wouldn't want to play #8 right now either regardless of the conference they play in.

Back