haha SEC

You think they deserve all four playoff slots, or would you be ok with just 3?

very impressive no doubt but let's let the next 7 weeks of the season play out before we start handing out the 4 playoff spots, yes?

history has shown us time and time and time again that 'anointing' too early is not the wisest practice.

very impressive no doubt but let's let the next 7 weeks of the season play out before we start handing out the 4 playoff spots, yes?

history has shown us time and time and time again that 'anointing' too early is not the wisest practice.
they are gonna cannibalize each other, no doubt...gonna happen

the fact is tho, this thread is gold

I could care less

the fact is the thread is funny

does anyone go around making haha Pac12 threads?

the hate is crazy, that's all

No one cares about the PAC 12, But you can start a thread if you like..

A lot of people hate the Yankees and lakers , you should look at the sec hate as a compliment mate

It's like Yankee fans pulling for the Red Sox because they represent the AL East

Most people don't necessarily knock the actual football (sometimes, but not all the time for sure) but the fandom of the conference is weird

Twinkie, how upset are you that the entire NFC South sucks? Not only the Saints but the entire division.

It's like Yankee fans pulling for the Red Sox because they represent the AL East

Most people don't necessarily knock the actual football (sometimes, but not all the time for sure) but the fandom of the conference is weird

who am I pulling for?

Right now, they are doing more than FSU from the eye test, which is all I care about, and would imagine most fans would too. Only loss at Oregon, a game they were in, then out. Firmly believe if they played again today, MSU wins. It's subjective obviously. But I sure wouldn't want to play them right now. Just my observation, whether the Big 10 sucks or not.

Twinkie, how upset are you that the entire NFC South sucks? Not only the Saints but the entire division.

Panthers wouldn't suck if they did like the 49ers and let a woman beater play (Greg Hardy). And I'm not a Panthers fan from the stand point of em being my fav team. More of a casual fan of them. They desperately miss that guy.

Right now, they are doing more than FSU from the eye test, which is all I care about, and would imagine most fans would too. Only loss at Oregon, a game they were in, then out. Firmly believe if they played again today, MSU wins. It's subjective obviously. But I sure wouldn't want to play them right now. Just my observation, whether the Big 10 sucks or not.

Im not sure many would say MSU is better or playing better than FSU. I understand the hate for FSU and all the crap that is Jameis Winston as well as they're not as good as they were last season as they are today, but that's where your opinion is coming from mostly. That's fine and all, but the bottom line is they are undefeated and have played as many good to decent teams as MSU has and they're undefeated still. Still a lot of football to be played, though. Your post could very well be right by the end of the season.

Pretty simple from my view, it's not Winston hate or the offense I even care about. Deaf and Blind might put up 28 on that defense, it looks awful to me.

I agree with kj. FSU has looked average to me, especially on defense and in the run game. Not being able to run or stop the run is a poor formula for teams with championship aspirations. Poor schedule will get them into the playoffs, so they have time to fix it, but 8 weeks in they don't look any better than any if the other top 10 teams

Strength of Schedule

Free Shoes University - 36th and undefeated

Michigan State - 64th and one loss

florida State doesn't appear to be as good as last year and even our resident fan boy would get laughed at if he even tried, but to say MSU is doing more with the eye test is not looking at things objectively considering FSU has almost twice the SOS as does MSU bc MSU isn't playing the competition FSU is. How's that for a run-on sentence! There are other teams that we could consider "better" than FSU. MSU is not one of them.

I think the top 10-15 teams could all beat each other on any given day. I would not have said that last season. I don't think FSU has played all that well, but mich St's schedule is worse, with the exception of Oregon, who beat MSU pretty handily. Lots of parity this year IMO

It's objective. I'm certainly no fan of Michigan State nor the Big 10, hell if they played FSU today I don't know who I'd pull for. That doesn't change the fact that I think MSU would win on a neutral. They went toe to toe with Oregon at Autzen until things got ugly and are playing a ton etter now imo. Most importantly, they would get a ML wager from me...today. In this business, that could change in a week. GPS is correct, it's wide open this year and today Georgia looks the best team to me.

Colin Cowherd(yea I hear ya) actually had a great take on the SEC and ESPN on his TV show(diff than radio? not sure).....it was the show where the other two guys are with him

I couldnt find it but if anyone has it, post it

Maybe this should go in BARs thread, since he addressed the whole bias, but yea...someone like pyppurs or some internet savy person could post that would be cool

I think the SEC was a step ahead of everyone years ago and the SEC has basically driven college football financially and they have driven everyone to catch up. They were a step ahead for awhile but other programs are investing financially and the gap has certainly narrowed. To say the SEC didn't have one hell of a run would be dumb. To say that there isn't evidence that the gap is minimal at best would also be crazy. SEC may still be best top to bottom, I'm not sure, but their top dogs don't seem to be any better than those from other conferences anymore. There is plenty of speed and strength to go around and I think the box scores are most evident of that. Who would have guessed that Ohio St would outrush Bama while playing their 3rd QB of the year.

Alabama is going to have to shift away from the huge DL and LB that Saban loves because they're getting beat to the edge with relative frequency. Alabama's offense has evolved but Alabama's defense is still built to stop 2010 offenses. I think they'll continue to struggle with pace and lateral attacks until they chance their recruiting philosophy

Back