Habs/Capitals Side

BetCrimes1984

CTG Big Brother
Couple of interesting keynote trends for each team for this game -

Montreal (off a home loss heading into this game)
.... is 4-1 this season playing a road game off a home loss, their only loss in this spot a 3-4 defeat at Ottawa when that home team was busy starting the season 13-1.
They average 3.80 goals for, and 2.20 goals against, in this spot.
Price was in net for 3 wins & the 1 loss.

Washington (off 2 days rest heading into this game)
.... is 1-7 this season coming off 2 or more days rest (this contrasts with a 12-11-3 record when playing off 0-1 days rest). Their only win came at home vs Tampa Bay, who at the time was starting the season 0-7 on the road.
They average 1.75 goals for, and 3.37 goals against, in this spot.
Kolzig was in net for every game.

So the only negative exception for MON was vs a team who started the season smoking hot, and the only positive exception for WAS was vs a team who started their season on the road ice-cold.

Further notes

- Montreal has won 5 of the last 6 meetings (2-1 in Wash).

- Price is 2-0-1 starting Mon's next game after he started a loss in their previous game (= he hasn't yet started consecutive regulation losses).

- Price is 7-3 in road starts (contrasted against 1-4-1 in home starts).

- Washington is 1-4 playing a home game off 2 or more consecutively played road games (Wash enters this game off 2 road games). Their only win vs an ATL team in the middle of a 3-7-1 run.

Ever since Montreal rang the changes after that horrible loss to Detroit, they haven't lost consecutive games in regulation, and in fact have been playing pretty well excepting a game Carolina wiped them out in. They are 2-0 on the road since that Detroit game. As long as Price starts, I'll be on them.

Last edited:
You know I'm thinking about this game and I see your logic here, I'm just waiting to see who'll be the goaltender tonight for the habs, should be announced after the morning skate. If Huet starts I'm on them no question. Huet was ready last game and was passed over for Price and that didnt sit too well with him. But if I was the coach, thats what Id have done: Start Price against the difficult Florida team and then start Huet against the Caps and give him a good chance to gather some steam. Washington's in great form though and with Huet I have more faith that he can steal this game if need be which can happen cause the habs are a young team and young teams arent always consistent with the effort the put out night in and night out. On the whole though, if Montreal plays their game, whoever is in nets shouldn't matter too much.

catfood - I acknowledge Wash has been playing much better as per their previous standards, but at 5-1-2 their last 8, they've still conceded an avg of 3.50 goals per home game in that span. Wash playing in their bogey rest spot, I think Montreal will get their goals, its a matter of Price or Huet avoiding having a shocker.
My guess is Mon 4-2 or 4-3

Last edited:
yeah i expect 2nd period to even out, i've noticed that tends to be the trend in a lot of games. If you don't convert in the 1st period being out played and outshot you are in trouble 2nd period. THis goes for the Thrashers...jesus 21 1st period shots and 0 goals

Nice job BC. Dont know if you know about the dec 23rd curse. Habs have a game on the 23rd at Dallas. Montreal hasn't won on the road on this date since 1945! 0 wins-9 losses-8 ties

Back