H-O-R-S-E comes to All Star Weekend

Smokedawg

Eagles Fan
NEW YORK (AP) -- H-O-R-S-E has galloped into the NBA's All-Star weekend.

The popular shooting contest will be part of TNT's coverage of All-Star Saturday night, the network announced Tuesday. Three NBA players, who will be revealed later, will take part.

The competition will take place outdoors at the NBA's All-Star Block Party in Phoenix on Feb. 14. The dunk contest, 3-point shootout and skills challenge are later Saturday night, and the All-Star game is Sunday.

If a player makes a shot in H-O-R-S-E, the next competitor must make the same shot or receive a letter. Players will have 24 seconds to execute their shots, and an NBA referee will rule if they're done properly. Dunking won't be allowed.

A player gets an 'H' for his first miss and is eliminated once he has all five letters of the word.

'an_horse'

Theres only two words that can describe this development, by the way: COMPLETELY MINDBLOWINGLY FUCKING KICK ASS AWESOME!!!

hahahaha...yeah i know...i remember him interviewing stern and asking him about it

stern sorta blew it off as preposterous (along with everything else he asked him...condescending prick)

of course they need decent players to participate...

no one wants to see a horse game between luis aldmenson, chris anderson and brian scalebrine

It's about time it was brought back. If memory serves me correctly, it was played for a little while way back about 25-30 years ago.

One vague memory i have is one player jumped and grabbed a backboard support with his left hand and dunked with his right. The next player just starting chuckling and smiling at a camera because he was too short to even jump that high to grab the support. Fun stuff.

Who are some players you guys would like to see in this??

for me:
Peja, Korver, Kobe
JJ redick?

good way to bring back some of the recent legends as well. i'd love to see MJ or Reggie in this thing as much as any current guy.

VC
Kobe
Wade

These 3 can make any shot in the game and they should include dunking.

COMPLETELY MINDBLOWINGLY FUCKING KICK ASS AWESOME!!!

I agree, if done right.

First off, you know it's got to be like LeBron, Kobe and somebody, Steve Nash or some s**t.

But more importantly, they need to be creative. Otherwise it's going to take forever and be no fun. Horse is generally only fun if it's somewhat quick and the shots are crazy.

<object width="480" height="295"><object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1GFGPqdpEAk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1GFGPqdpEAk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1GFGPqdpEAk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></object>

Damn didnt mean to post that twice, its the same vid. But Kevin Love and Sheed would be the 2 I want to see for sure

Odds that guy might treat Kevin Love like Killa would Sam Cassell:
yes -195
no +155

It's always tough to know how many of those are real, but if they are tough not to want to see that guy in this show.

fucking A. 21. haven't thought about that game in years. that's all we played in grade school because we had 3 decent players in my hood.

joe johnson, OJ, and Durant, this is gonna be one sick game of HORSE

Three chosen to play H-O-R-S-E

Comment Email Print
<cite class="source"> Associated Press
</cite>
<!-- end mod-article-title --> <!-- begin story body --> <!-- template inline -->Rookie of the Year Kevin Durant and O.J. Mayo, a favorite for this season's award, highlight the field for a H-O-R-S-E competition during All-Star Saturday night.
Playing H-O-R-S-E

_945b5dc2ca0412a3389715fb7c1ad0c1001cc8c6.jpg
What is your go-to H-O-R-S-E shot? Share the details! And we'd also love to see a video of your shot or picture of your home hoop. H-O-R-S-E group

Atlanta Hawks guard Joe Johnson is the other competitor in TNT's special event, the network announced Tuesday. Johnson will play in the All-Star Game, while Durant and Mayo were selected for the rookie challenge.
The contest will take place outdoors at the NBA's All-Star Block Party on Saturday in Phoenix before TNT televises the All-Star Saturday night festivities.
If a player makes a shot in H-O-R-S-E, the next competitor must make the same shot or receive a letter. A player gets an 'H' for his first miss and is eliminated once he has all five letters of the word.
Players will have 24 seconds to execute their shots, and an NBA referee will rule if they're done properly. Dunking won't be allowed.

Smith gets Yag's spot in dunk contest

Comment Email Print
<cite class="source"> Associated Press
</cite>
<!-- end mod-article-title --> <!-- begin story body --> PHOENIX -- Denver Nuggets swingman J.R. Smith will replace Memphis forward Rudy Yag in the slam dunk contest.
Yag was forced to pull out Tuesday because of a strained left hip. Smith also competed in the 2005 event.
Defending champion Dwight Howard of Orlando, 2006 winner Nate Robinson of New York, and Portland rookie Rudy Fernandez round out the field.
The dunk contest is the final event of All-Star Saturday night.

This is the Saturday sched. according to NBA.com. No mention of HORSE.

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 14
11 a.m. - 12 a.m. NBA All-Star Jam Session
presented by adidas Phoenix Convention Center
1:15 a.m. - 2:15 p.m. Toyota All-Star East Practice Jam Session Center Court
2:30 p.m - 3:30 p.m. Toyota All-Star West Practice Jam Session Center Court
4 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. NBA D-League All-Star Game Jam Session Center Court
8 p.m. NBA All-Star Saturday Night
Haier Shooting Stars
Play Station Skills Challenge
Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout
Sprite Slam Dunk U.S. Airways Center

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 14
Shooting Stars, 3-Point Shootout, Skills Challenge, H-O-R-S-E, Slam Dunk Contest, 8 ET (TNT, ESPN Radio)

Maybe not?

The competition will take place outdoors at the NBA's All-Star Block Party in Phoenix on Feb. 14. The dunk contest, 3-point shootout and skills challenge are later Saturday night, and the All-Star Game is Sunday.

Oh man. If they don't televise this shit we should riot.

They have to, right?

I'm looking forward to that more than I am watching Nate Robinson miss 35 dunks in a row.

Guys, its at 5 EST

NBA Tv has the D-league ASG at 4 pm est.

TNT comes on the air at 5 pm est and starts with the HORSE competition.

Theres that and something else 5-7

7-8 is some slam dunk contest history I believe

8-830 is a "pregame"

The other stuff goes from there.

They showed that schedule several times during tonights Kevin Durant Show...lol

"The Jet" is hosting the HORSE competition. I hope it rains. Bring that added element.

I like the value on JJ. I cant see him volunteering for this, just to get humiliated by the rook and the sophmore.

Back