Gronk Out for Season

Zeke

Big Dick and Average Size Boat
After seeing what the Pats have done the past couple weeks I didn't see them making the SB anyway. Now I definitely don't. Bovada has very limited futures available, but if there was something out there like "Any team but NE to win AFC" I would be all over it.

Seems like taking both Raiders and Steez to win the AFC in the +600 to +700 range or so wouldn't suck

I understand this hurts but immediately takes them out of Superbowl Contention?

My hopes were quickly dwindling anyways with the piss poor defensive play. They needed every offensive weapon at 100% so they could beat teams 38-35. Putting up only 22 against the Jets was telling. If the Jets were a team with an offensive pulse the Pats would've been destroyed.

they dont have enough offensive weapons to mask their less than stellar defense..... and brady is beginning to show some aging

but i would not count them out because there is no afc team that I think is that great tbh

It doesn't take them out of contention. Yes it hurts their chances, but everyone saying they aren't that good anymore cause they aren't winning every game by 20+ doesn't know football. This is the NFL. Most teams are capable of beating any other team. By that logic, the Bucs should crush the Patriots because they just whooped Seattle and Seattle beat New England, right?
The Jets are a rival who play the Pats well EVERY single year. Brady doesn't look like he's aging - his knee is injured. The defense looks bad - that I can agree. But what are their points allowed per game? That's the stat that Belichick cares about.
If it's not clear, I'm obviously a homer lol, but to say they are not in contention anymore is asinine.

I fully agree with you.... its just recency bias

The pats make the most with whatever talent they have. The best in the league in that regard by a mile.

That's all belichick.

they dont have enough offensive weapons to mask their less than stellar defense..... and brady is beginning to show some aging

but i would not count them out because there is no afc team that I think is that great tbh

Agree with this. They have an easier schedule than the Raiders and if they get HFA they will be tough to knock off at home. Belichick is still head and shoulders better than any other coach imo and would hate to bet against him.

It doesn't take them out of contention. Yes it hurts their chances, but everyone saying they aren't that good anymore cause they aren't winning every game by 20+ doesn't know football. This is the NFL. Most teams are capable of beating any other team. By that logic, the Bucs should crush the Patriots because they just whooped Seattle and Seattle beat New England, right?
The Jets are a rival who play the Pats well EVERY single year. Brady doesn't look like he's aging - his knee is injured. The defense looks bad - that I can agree. But what are their points allowed per game? That's the stat that Belichick cares about.
If it's not clear, I'm obviously a homer lol, but to say they are not in contention anymore is asinine.

I don't disagree with much of what you said. I'm a homer also & hope I'm wrong but they've looked like shit lately, you can admit that. Yes the Jets play them tough but the Jets are usually better than 2-9. They don't need to win by 20+ but they need to look sharp. With the exception of a drive here & there they have not looked sharp on either side of the ball. They haven't exactly had the toughest schedule this year. They got lucky & faced Pitt after Ben went down. Other than that the only legit playoff team they've faced is Seattle. I hope I'm wrong, pretty sure I'm not.

they def do not pass the eye test for a superbowl caliber team.... no way

Gronk hasn't really contributed at all this year, this doesn't change much as far as them looking like anything. If you don't think they look like a SB caliber team, then you must not think anyone in the league does because they've been head and shoulders above everyone else, save Dallas (maybe Oakland too?).

The over reactions with anything NFL related (all pro sports really) are just hilarious. We even talk about it after the fact and have for years, yet some just cant help themselves. Remember a couple of months ago when Minnesota was SB bound and Carson Wentz was gonna be the ROY and possibly the best QB ever (no, that wasn't really said, that's called exaggeration)? Is this Blankets, or the site where people actually know what they're talking about?

Check Brady's numbers with and without Gronk...major loss

Yeah pretty significant, can't see them getting through two games against (likely) KC/Pitt/Oak although they'll be at home. Huge blow although Bellichick can game plan for KC defensively, maybe. Would behoove them to see a Baltimore or AFC South team their first game.

It's not overreaction, writing has been on the wall even with him lol. I've watched their games.

Gronk hasn't really contributed at all this year, this doesn't change much as far as them looking like anything. If you don't think they look like a SB caliber team, then you must not think anyone in the league does because they've been head and shoulders above everyone else, save Dallas (maybe Oakland too?).

in my opinion there are more than just the cowboys....

the pats schedule so far has been laughable.... but thats what the league is now... laughable

They have not looked like they are a championship team to me... but of course once the playoffs come about everything can change but I dont think so from what ive seen out of them.... i personally think they need to get the running game involved a bit more.

And that's another thing, Gronk is a great, not good, run/pass blocker...will sorely be missed

It's not overreaction, writing has been on the wall even with him lol. I've watched their games.

They're 9-2. You've watched their games that closely, and have the fotball experience to come to those conclusions? Man you watch an awful lot of sports, when do you work?

Of course it's an overreaction to say their SB chances are gone when we all watch the NFL and know that lots of teams have a chance, especially when, again, Gronk has hardly contributed this season.

They're 9-2. You've watched their games that closely, and have the fotball experience to come to those conclusions? Man you watch an awful lot of sports, when do you work?

Of course it's an overreaction to say their SB chances are gone when we all watch the NFL and know that lots of teams have a chance, especially when, again, Gronk has hardly contributed this season.

lol :rofl:

You know they generally play on Sundays right? Along with most other NFL teams, and a sportsbar shows all the games?

JFC dude.

Can't believe I'm saying this but the local Pats fans are more reasonable than a poster on this site who lives in Buffalo.

And when do you work?

You know they generally play on Sundays right? Along with most other NFL teams, and a sportsbar shows all the games?

JFC dude.

Yeah, the bar with every other game on probably right? So you've focused on them THAT much every week? And make 200+ pots on CTG during that time? And socialize with others in the bar? (because why else go to a bar if you're just gonna be on your phone) Damn dude, that's some work right there. I stand corrected, you're the man.

who's the best team the pats have beat?

Do you solely go based on records and stats or do you actually have some level of intuition and common sense based on what you see?

SO MUCH goes into the results of games, situationally..... come playoff time all that is eliminated

The pats have played a really easy schedule and have not been tested much at all..... i really could not care less that they are 9-2....

Yeah, the bar with every other game on probably right? So you've focused on them THAT much every week? And make 200+ pots on CTG during that time? And socialize with others in the bar? (because why else go to a bar if you're just gonna be on your phone) Damn dude, that's some work right there. I stand corrected, you're the man.
Multitasking machine

Bout fucking time

please stop

Holy fuck...what does this mean? Stop what? It's a legitimate question, I'm not being a dick AT ALL. Historically he's right...this year is obviously different as they have a different team and Bennett who has looked really good.

How about you stop assuming? We can have a debate like adults.

who's the best team the pats have beat?

Steelers, Texans, Bills, Dolphins...all have winning records. Arizona in week 1 before we knew they sucked balls.

Who's the best team your "contenders" have beaten?

dudley is like the ooze in Ghostbusters... just brings out the hate in everyone. For all we know Larry and Kj were great friends yesterday

Even with Gronk that joke of a D was going to catch up to them sooner or later. That being said the AFC isn't exactly filled with world beaters this season. Pitt or KC could be dangerous and are teams I'd have $ on rather than chalking out on Tommy.

Holy fuck...what does this mean? Stop what? It's a legitimate question, I'm not being a dick AT ALL. Historically he's right...this year is obviously different as they have a different team and Bennett who has looked really good.

How about you stop assuming? We can have a debate like adults.

Stop being a clown. You said yourself that Gronk hasnt been active much and then you ask for splits from this year lol......

yes historically..... because its a bigger sample with a better variation of opponents.... not just these chump QBs they have faced.... of the 9 wins, maybe 1 of those opponents will make the playoffs

dudley is like the ooze in Ghostbusters... just brings out the hate in everyone. For all we know Larry and Kj were great friends yesterday
Yeah sure
i havent said shit since being back

Dudley has done nothing but encouraged me to keep my chin up, and it remains up!

Stop being a clown. You said yourself that Gronk hasnt been active much and then you ask for splits from this year lol......

yes historically..... because its a bigger sample with a better variation of opponents.... not just these chump QBs they have faced.... of the 9 wins, maybe 1 of those opponents will make the playoffs

But he has played a few games with Brady and Brady has a few without him. It was a legit question.

So you post the ROFL guy in response to me, then tell me to "stop it" a few posts later, when I did nothing but ask a question (that you assumed was something it wasn't)? Seems legit. Put me back on ignore or stop crying like a bitch.

And AGAIN, my point is that they have Bennett this season, so it certainly could be different.

For fuck's sake, I'm not even saying they will win, are expected to, etc...I simply laughed at the reaction that they have no shot now without Gronk. Because it deserved to be laughed at.

Back