Gronk Out for Season

Since you conveniently didn't answer the first time...of the teams you think have a better shot than the Pats (which wasn't even the argument to begin with), what teams have they beaten? Whose schedule is one that you point to, with your infinite football wisdom, and feel that they have beaten some great teams and they are a legit SB contender?

Still since this thread opened no one has given me odds as I asked.
Bueller.......Bueller??
I just see a bunch of bullshit

And AGAIN, my point is that they have Bennett this season, so it certainly could be different.

For fuck's sake, I'm not even saying they will win, are expected to, etc...I simply laughed at the reaction that they have no shot now without Gronk. Because it deserved to be laughed at.

If you read my original posts I stated they weren't getting there anyways, with Gronk out their chances certainly don't increase. I'm a fan, I watch every game. My dad & buddy, ditto. We all say the same thing every week..."man they looked like shit, lucky to get out of that one with a W".

If you read my original posts I stated they weren't getting there anyways, with Gronk out their chances certainly don't increase. I'm a fan, I watch every game. My dad & buddy, ditto. We all say the same thing every week..."man they looked like shit, lucky to get out of that one with a W".

Sure. Fans are a fickle bunch, that's for certain. I read your original posts and don't necessaily disagree. Maybe it's my posts that need to be re-read to understand what I'm saying. It's silly to suggest they have no shot now because Gronk is out. It's the NFL and the parity is right where they want it.

It's just funny to hear people say they have no chance now on one hand, and then talk about how watered down the league is and there isn't really a clear cut "favorite" to begin with. Both really can't be true if we're being honest.

Still since this thread opened no one has given me odds as I asked.
Bueller.......Bueller??
I just see a bunch of bullshit

The ones who said their chances are now nil should be happy to provide you with odds. In their minds, it should be free money.

Tom Brady still the QB?
Bb still the coach?

the NFL is so full of fraud teams this year. With that said Pats are not even the hottest team in their division right now. But the road to the SB in the AFC like always still goes through foxboro.

Tom Brady still the QB?
Bb still the coach?

the NFL is so full of fraud teams this year. With that said Pats are not even the hottest team in their division right now. But the road to the SB in the AFC like always still goes through foxboro.

Right. The hottest teams in their division are the Dolphins AND the Bills. Both of which the Pats have beaten. They did lose to the Bills...but that was without Brady, AND they beat the Dolphins w/o Brady as well.

Again, I just find it hilarious that some want to say the NFL sucks as a whole, but then in the next breath want to act as if the Pats haven't beat anyone good. You CANNOT have it both ways. If the league sucks as a whole, then NO ONE has beat anyone good, and the argument just loses all credibility. The Pats have victories over at least 4 teams with a winning record, and again one of their losses was without Brady. Of course there are other "contenders" in the league this season, but anyone saying the Pats have zero chance now because Gronk is out simply shouldn't be paid any attention.

It's just one of those things where the Pats have been far and away the "best" team in the NFL for so long (day in and out, organization wide), that when they don't simply blow everyone out they are seen as inferior. They have quite the high standard to live up to. At the same time, those same people will act as if Seattle has a legit shot to win the title, even though they've looked horrible for most of this season. Yes, they did beat the Pats...but that simply goes to show that any team can win a game, and good organizations win games much more often than shitty organizations. Of course the Seahawks have a legit shot at the title should they get into the playoffs, and I wouldn't say any less than that. The hypocrites are the ones who say NE has no shot, but would defend Seattle as having a shot.

Larry there's some validity to your points for sure. Trust me I remember all too well when the Pats sucked but nowadays their fans have been spoiled & don't believe in them unless they win by DD every week. The non-pink hat fans who actually watch the game just want to see a complete game where they look solid on both sides of the ball. I just haven't seen it this year. However I certainly didn't see it a couple years ago when they started off like shit & won the SB. I however did see it the two years they lost to the Giants in the SB. So who the fuck knows, I'm just not optimistic.

Farm I'm not an oddsmaker & I don't bet against my teams. Last night Bovada had them at -105 I believe to win the AFC, followed by Oakland around +500. Lines seem crazy to me. If I wasn't a fan & had enough left in my account to make it worthwhile I'd throw down on the 2-4 teams.

The oddsmakers still have NE as the favorite to come out of the AFC. So that should be worth something. NE is a dangerous team. They have depth at the TE spot so they're only going to lose a little bit. Of course Gronk is great. But not when he's injured or slightly injured.

I was dead wrong on this & damn glad I was. I think I over estimated the other AFC teams.

Back