Greatest Record in the History of Mankind

TahoeLegend

Pretty much a regular
That sounds like hypebole, but it's true. It's a record from pro basketball, but I open it up to any athletic achievement in any sport. I have never seen anything close to the distance between the best and second best in any sport equal to what Steph Curry has done on long range shooting.

He is not only the most accurate (and prolific) 3-point shooter in history, he is so great he can miss his next 500 3-point attempts and he will still have the most accurate percentage of any shooter in history.

Reactions: KJ
That sounds like hypebole, but it's true. It's a record from pro basketball, but I open it up to any athletic achievement in any sport. I have never seen anything close to the distance between the best and second best in any sport equal to what Steph Curry has done on long range shooting.

He is not only the most accurate (and prolific) 3-point shooter in history, he is so great he can miss his next 500 3-point attempts and he will still have the most accurate percentage of any shooter in history.
I know this is CFB but as an NBA guy this popped up during tonight's Sixers game...

The brother, Seth, is so overshadowed due to his brothers greatness. If he had a different name on his jersey, his stature in the NBA would be much higher. He is a helluva shooter and playmaker.

Obviously the best shooting family of all-time with Dell... (Barry's would be 2nd in this category).

By the way, when I saw this thread title earlier I was hoping that Tahoe was reliving the 1988 Heisman campaign of one, Mr. Barry Sanders :)

Barry Sanders was the first one I thought of trying to think of any other record holder who had set a record so far out no one could approach it. That's why I posted it on this board. I think most of Barry's records still stand and are even more stunning when you realize he rarely played after midway through the third quarter

Thought of Bob Beamon broad jump in the Mexico City Olympics and that was monumental. At the time they said he had "eternalized" the record, but it has been broken a couple of times now

But I can't think of any record so far above all the rest of mankind the guy can miss 500 in a row and still hold the record

Thought of maybe NFL passing records, but whoever the record holder for greatest completion was, his percentage was never so far ahead he could have thrown 500 incomplete passes in a row and still have had the best percentage.

And there are many more amazing stats about Curry's shooting. Most games with 4 3s, 5 3s and every other number up through most games with with 12 3s. First with 300 3s in a season. Of the five seasons in which a player has hit 300 3s, four of them belong to Curry. He will pass Ray Allen this season for most 3s in a career

But that one where he could miss 500 in a row and still hold the record is unbelievable

Last edited:
Ripken's streak will never be touched but comparing that era with this one and any going forward is kind of pointless

Beattie Feathers was the first 1000 yard rusher in NFL history for the Chicago Bears in 1934. Most of his 1004 yards came in the first 11 games since he was injured and missed 2 games to end the season then played hurt in the title game (had no rushing attempts in final game). No NFL player would surpass 1000 yards rushing for 13 seasons.

But what applies to this thread being greatest records, is his season long 8.44 yards per carry was an NFL record for 72 years until broken by Michael Vick in 2006 (8.45).

While I agree that Curry's achievement is impressive, it would be more impressive if they actually played defense in the NBA.

Let me know when someone throws three no-hitters in succession. Johnny Vander Meer waits your call.

Hell, at this point in MLB let me know when someone throws three complete games in succession.
I doubt anyone will ever throw a no-no on LSD again either. Dock Ellis, 6-12-70. Pirates vs Padres

Back