Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D

• F

• Total voters

Blue_Chip

Money Addict
There is no one I would trust more to be my harshest critic than CTG. There is also no one whose advice I would trust more on trades and roster upgrades, so leave your feedback.

Here's my first draft of the year...

• Standard scoring (passing TD for QB count as 6, fumbles & interceptions are both -1)
  • 12 teams , 14 rounds , 6 bench
  • 1 QB , 1 RB , 1 RB/WR , 2 WR , 1 WR/TE , DEF , K
Rounds
  1. Joseph Addai
  2. Marques Colston
  3. Torry Holt
  4. Santonio Holmes
  5. Thomas Jones
  6. Earnest Graham
  7. Dwayne Bowe
  8. Jay Cutler
  9. Kevin Smith
  10. Chris Cooley
  11. Tampa Defense
  12. David Garrard
  13. Shayne Graham
  14. Todd Heap
Grade my draft and offer potential trades. Thanks, boys.

Well you'll be starting 3 WR's and 2 RB's a week, so I like the depth you acquired, but QB's will be a bit shaky and there are some questions with your RB's.

Well you'll be starting 3 WR's and 2 RB's a week, so I like the depth you acquired, but QB's will be a bit shaky and there are some questions with your RB's.

I am not happy with T Jones as my RB2 so I'm thinking of trades, but yes I will start a 2RB 3WR set. Colston, Holt, and Holmes are bona fide starters for sure. If I had a WR4 I liked more than T Jones, then he'd start but I don't consider Bowe to be there without a QB getting him the ball. In fact, I think the reason I dislike T Jones as my RB2 is partly because I think Graham is just as good. T Jones get top 10 yardage but doesn't get into the end zone. Graham might be the grind it out RB for Tampa, but you know he is getting the ball in the RZ.

I actually like my QB depth. Cutler will be my starter and it will be nice to have Garrard at my disposal.

The first trade I am thinking of proposing:

give Addai & T Jones
get Barber & Jacobs

I think Jacobs has the best running blocking OL in front of him. The "ride the hot hand" talk is smoke the NYG coaching staff is blowing at the media because Jacobs is the hands down starter. Assuming he stays healthy, big boy from Southern Illinois could rack up a massive amount of points. To go with his 5.0 yds per carry, he posted some impressive fantasy point totals the games he played.

So what's the verdict? Will Jacobs stay healthy?

obviously qb is less of a concern early in a draft with a breakdown like your league has but how did you get stuck with just cutler ? teams in your league were already picking backup qb's ?

Think you did a good job with the rbs and wrs. T jones will be just fine for you.

obviously qb is less of a concern early in a draft with a breakdown like your league has but how did you get stuck with just cutler ? teams in your league were already picking backup qb's ?

Cutler in the 8th round, he was the 12th QB drafted. Getting Cutler as the 12th QB was a deal IMO. Also, Brady, Romo, and Manning were all taken in the 1st round.

I don't see any reason this team won't make the playoffs if healthy. I think Cutler/Garrard is a fine combo. There's a pretty good chance one of those guys will emerge, if not both. I think you did a decent job of securing 7 quality fantasy starters before taking a QB.

I wouldn't make any trades right now.

give Addai & T Jones
get Barber & Jacobs

I decided against the above trade.

Addai got more red zone rushes than any other RB last yr. Barber has a nose for the end zone as well, but I like that Addai posted great numbers last yr when he missed three games (one with injury and two to rest at the end when Indy had AFC #2 locked up). Addai could cause a problem for me if I get to the playoffs.

T Jones got Tony Richardson, Alan Faneca, and Brett Favre this offseason. Two will blast open running lanes and the other will take the pressure off the NYJ running game. Hopefully Favre can cause opponents to respect the pass, so T Jones will get more red zone carries. I could also argue that NFC East defenses are better this yr, but there is enough upside to keep T Jones.

Thanks to the guys that helped me reach this decision

And that trade is a joke. You list 4 names. 3 names we have no idea what the fuck to expect: Jones, Barber, Jacobs. The 4th name we KNOW will get his TD's: Addai.

What's the difference between Jones and Jacobs? Age, ok. But Jones will get the bulk of the carries, and Jacobs is an injury concern in a crowded backfield.

I agree that Cutler in the 8th was a good pick ... Lot of folks are raving about his progress ... I didn't think the RB trade was as imbalanced as some, but I agree if you're only starting one, no point in giving up Addai.

but I agree if you're only starting one, no point in giving up Addai.

I will start 2 RB's, Addai & T Jones. Graham will be getting RZ carries, so he will be nice to have as an option as well. I'm feeling better and better about T Jones as my RB2. Without a proven QB and a new OC in KC, Bowe will on my bench this season. I may even start Cooley or Heap over Bowe when my main 3 WR's have a bye.

Should I trade Holt? He is old and Bulger made the comment that throwing to Avery is like throwing to Usain Bolt. I think Saunders will bring a pass-heavy offense, but will Holt benefit? He is the WR1 in StL with no proven WR2 to challenge him, but will his old body hold up throughout the season?

Maybe a Holt for Burress trade? What do you guys think?

Holt for Buress- you dont stand ro gain anything from that. Almost identical IMO. Holt will catch his passes, he is one of the best route runners in the NFL and Bulger is familar with him. As long as Bulger healthy holt is good, as far as bulger goes hes as fragile as glass. But so is Buress.

Why don't you like Thomas Jones? I am expecting big things out of him this year. OL should be better, Tony Richardson is one of the best blocking fullbacks in the league, he is one of the few backs that is pretty much a primary back. He now has a much better offense with Favre throwing the ball. Put that with the fact I expect the Jets to score a lot more this year, and they will have to with that wretched defense they have. I drafted Thomas Jones and he is my number 3 running back, granted my WR are brutal since I went a strange route and went RB, RB, RB, TE, QB. So WR are a question for me. I am a big believer in Jets players for fantasy this year with the OL and poor defense.

The only problem is TJ is getting older, hes not the homerun hitter on the team, washington is. That being said Ernest Graham may get the goal line carries.

The only problem is TJ is getting older, hes not the homerun hitter on the team, washington is. That being said Ernest Graham may get the goal line carries.

Bingo! And watch out for Kev Smith, shitty team but tons of talent in the rookie. I agree with sirwinzalot too though, Richardson is good blocking back, revamped OL could be beneficial. Graham will get the goal line carries, but I am hoping T Jones does as well. TJ is the clear cut RB1 for the NYJ.

Question:

Should I drop Cooley or Heap in order to pick up Jabar Gaffney?

I think JG has potential this season, especially early season when NE is taking it easy on Moss. Welker will get his catches, but he is also returning so he is at injury risk there. Heap will be healthy for 4 games this season like usual, but he can produce. Cooley will put up solid numbers too, but I have no need for either TE much less both of them. With the league format being heavy toward WR's and only being able to start 1 TE, I think Gaffney can provide depth, where I am wasting a spot on my roster by holding two TE's.

I would keep both TEs at the moment. I'd try and work a deal for one since, i believe, both have week 10 byes off top of my head.

I'd try and work a deal for one since, i believe, both have week 10 byes off top of my head.

Both do have Wk10 byes, but I drafted Heap with my final pick of the draft. Because this league runs a 2WR 2flex (WR/RB & WR/TE), hardly any TE's were drafted but the WR talent got eaten up quickly (thats why I went RB WR WR WR RB in 1st 5 rounds). Heap would be a FA if I had not drafted him.

Believe and others might laugh at this question, but I am bored and never confident in my fantasy team.

For Week 1, should I start D Bowe or T Jones?

I'M FUCKED!!!

Take a look at my team above and tell me why I should be happy? Cutler is the only bright spot. Addai has posted one good game, and I don't expect that to continue since he is missing 3/5 of his OL. My kicker is now Prater not Graham, but K and DEF don't matter much to me.

its still early bro. not sure what your record is but depending upon format, even if you are 0-3 you are definitely not fucked. all you gotta do is get into the playoffs, that should be your mindset if you are 0-3. your team is better than a couple of mine (out of 5) going forward

its still early bro. not sure what your record is but depending upon format, even if you are 0-3 you are definitely not fucked. all you gotta do is get into the playoffs, that should be your mindset if you are 0-3. your team is better than a couple of mine (out of 5) going forward

yea blue_chip, last year I dont think I was guaranteed a playoff spot until winning my game the last week of the year. I finished with a 7-6 record and got the 7th seed and ended up getting 2nd in my league.

I'm 1-2 and outscoring my opponents. I lost week one by 1.5 because I got nine points from Addai, Colston, Holmes, and Holt COMBINED! Cutler single-handedly won week two for me, and I lost week three by ten because Bush and Rivers are averaging 30 fuckin pts a week.

It seems like Graham has locked up my RB2 spot and Bowe solidifying a spot in my receiving corps. I think I should combine Holt/Holmes in a deal to give me a solid WR1 that may become a WR2 once Colston returns. Does anyone else like this idea?

Back