Goodbye, NBA, I won't miss you

Keep showing your age Brewer. You are a bandwagon kid who looks to suck off the nuts of great players. Your in CHI you should hate CLE.

I'll bet you 5,000 right now that SA wins in 6 games or less

You up for it?

Your little flop artist in CLE totally changed this game. That was not a Flagrant 2.

If Antonio gets suspended its a farce. Lebron was assessed with a Flagrant 2 2 days after Game 2 and never recieved a suspension.

Don't ever start shit with someone that can outcap your ass in a variety of sports and has been doing it for many years.

way to go out on a limb in 6 games or less when you said they would win in 5 lol :down:

Doesn't really matter to me either way. He is so wishy-washy. He lives in Chicago and is a Bulls fan. They lose so now he is back to being a Cavs fan.

The Cavs are as boring as DET except for the occasional magical LeBron moment. The Spurs are boring other than their execution(a true nba fan enjoys that)

Agreed here. The Spurs are probably the best "team" we've seen in the last 10-15yrs. And they have a coach which could end up going down as one of the best all time.

The only series you really wanted to see happened in the second round, Spurs vs. Suns.

Dallas vs. GSW ended up being fun to watch, and that was a rare treat, but other than that, the basketball's just been bad.

It's not as if I 'want' to say that. Hell, I grew up going to Nuggets games, you have any idea how much I wanted them to be decent, especially with one of my favorite players in the league, AI. And yet, they're a nightmare.

'Melo, as much as I hate to admit it, is soft and kind of a p*ssy. And that's a team I want to like for crying out loud.

Joe, try watching the WNBA. They actually play some fundamental bball, and they manage to hit FTs...

it's actually fun to watch without having a bet on it. I may have to watch the beavers play some college bball, too.

The Spurs are probably the best "team" we've seen in the last 10-15yrs.

What makes them even more impressive is that they have only one Hall of Famer on that team, other than their coach. A lot of people are missing what an amazing career Duncan is having.

The bandwagon stuff is understandable. No problem there. But then attack his capping ability probably wasn't necessary. Considering he's 20 (I think) and isn't afraid to openly ask for advice to better his skills.
i didn't attack his capping ability...he is a fine young capper...

he calld me out on a play...

if i wasn't at game I would have hedged out at half due to Dice being out...the play was dead when he got tossed...

I don't appreciate someone doing that to me when I lose money on a play...thats garbage..

I could sit here and be a bitch about the offciating..whih was terrible..but I won;t soop to the level of others on sports forums...I knew it was coming...I don;t mind letting teams play....but be fair both ways..and finally in this series they were not..

As I said...LeBron became a superstar tonight..my hats off to him..his will was awesome...

His individual performance reminded me of past great playoff performances(Bird in 87 vs Hawks....Isiah in 88 vs Lakers...Isiah in 90 vs Port...Mike in 1992 vs Port....Mike in 93 vs Suns...)...he put himself on there level tonight...

we'll see what he can do in Finals....I cannot see them being much of a threat but he can prove many wrong

Agreed here. The Spurs are probably the best "team" we've seen in the last 10-15yrs. And they have a coach which could end up going down as one of the best all time.

Close....in last 15 years..I would take 95 rockets and 96 Bulsl above them...thats it.

Joe, try watching the WNBA. They actually play some fundamental bball, and they manage to hit FTs...

I might try it. Soft lines always interest me, and if the basketball's not bad and the teams have some consistency to them, I just might.

Though what I want to do is enjoy the summer, build up some of my bankroll for football. I'm on a threee to five year plan to get my roll up to where I want it, so every year is all about growth for me, not profit taking.

i didn't attack his capping ability...he is a fine young capper...

he calld me out on a play...

if i wasn't at game I would have hedged out at half due to Dice being out...the play was dead when he got tossed...

I don't appreciate someone doing that to me when I lose money on a play...thats garbage..

I could sit here and be a bitch about the offciating..whih was terrible..but I won;t soop to the level of others on sports forums...I knew it was coming...I don;t mind letting teams play....but be fair both ways..and finally in this series they were not..

As I said...LeBron became a superstar tonight..my hats off to him..his will was awesome...

His individual performance reminded me of past great playoff performances(Bird in 87 vs Hawks....Isiah in 88 vs Lakers...Isiah in 90 vs Port...Mike in 1992 vs Port....Mike in 93 vs Suns...)...he put himself on there level tonight...

we'll see what he can do in Finals....I cannot see them being much of a threat but he can prove many wrong

McDyess is not the reason the Pistons didnt win and cover lol :36_11_6:

and your complaining about Officiating Lmfao :smiley_acbe:

More fouls were called on the Cavs and the Pistons shot 4 more ft's

I was on The jazz game #4 that was bad . :down:

i question your feel for your team only after you question what i have learned about the reg season.

bar, if you like to discuss on aim i would be more than happy to if so pm me.

McDyess is not the reason the Pistons didnt win and cover lol :36_11_6:

surely your joking...

I am not saying it was a guarantee...but look at that 4:00 stretch in 3rd when DET had no big man to make a 10 footer..went scoreless...and could stretched the lead from 6-7 to even more..instead they went down a few...

It was a HUGE call in that game...defense and offense

The flagrant 2 call on Mcdyess really drew me away from this game. I said in the in-game.

Big Shot Rob Horry's cross check on Nash was a Flag 2. Varejao flopped on that foul play and simple. And the refs need to take into account players who are known for flopping.

surely your joking...

I am not saying it was a guarantee...but look at that 4:00 stretch in 3rd when DET had no big man to make a 10 footer..went scoreless...and could stretched the lead from 6-7 to even more..instead they went down a few...

It was a HUGE call in that game...defense and offense

so if you knew McDyess would be out b4 the game started you wouldnt have bet Det ?

shit Maxiell been outplaying him as late anyways.

Nothin was gonna stop Lebron 2nite nothing :shake:

as far as DET...I am a realist...

in 2005..I took spurs in series..and said it would go 7...

last year with the sheed injury and how the officiating was I took Miami in the EC finals to win in 6...

I said this year would be tough against Cavs.....part is Bron growing..part is some iffy startegy at times by DET....

yup, Dice is a huge part of the pistons interior, he changes games defensively.

I guarantee you guys lebron would have not gone for 28 of his teams last 30 points if Dice was in.

We don't know for sure what impact Dice would have had on the game, but surely he would have helped DET as he has all year. Like I said, we may have seen him coming in on help D and bodying Lebron on those wide open drives.

But the fact is, we will never know due to a terrible call that 99% of the viewers would agree was TERRIBLE.

it's actually fun to watch without having a bet on it. I may have to watch the beavers play some college bball, too.

Watch the UConn girls.....

they produce the best Beavers...

Diana Taurasi, Sue Bird, Nykesha Sales, and the list goes on all the way back to the beginning of WNBA time with Rebecca Lobo..

:smiley_acbe:

One sample. Dive into things deeper before you speak.

DET 3-1 vs Cle this year
Det 3-1 vs Mia last year
Chi 3-1 vs Det this year
DET was 2-0 vs Spurs year they played
Det 4-0 against Jersey in 2003(although injuries were a factor)

Thats a bit bigger sample....

Lebron got some dunks...FT's lte in game...then come OT...he was groovin and hit some fantastic shots...he was then in a zone..not much you can do

What about Miami was something like 0-12 against the top 5 teams last season then they defeated Detroit and Dallas in 6 games each.

part is Bron growing..part is some iffy startegy at times by DET....

I think it's safe to say it's time for Joe Dumars to look at blowing up parts of that team, starting with the coaching staff.

last year with the sheed injury and how the officiating was I took Miami in the EC finals to win in 6...

I said this year would be tough against Cavs.....part is Bron growing..part is some iffy startegy at times by DET....

Iffey is an understatement. I'm confused. Flip went to that half court trap, which at least had some effect late in the game. Then on the final possession, NOTHING. Man coverage against a player having a superhuman night.

so if you knew McDyess would be out b4 the game started you wouldnt have bet Det ?

shit Maxiell been outplaying him as late anyways.

Nothin was gonna stop Lebron 2nite nothing :shake:

Of course not....Dice has been GREAT on defense this series...stepping out...blocking shots and at least posing a threat on offense...

After Bron hit that three to make it 88-87...I knew the game was over...thats when he started to "Feel" it...then some confident drives led to him getting more confident...

I think DET would of had a bigger lead late...maybe Bron woulda started playing offense with say 8 minutes left rather than 3...but thats heresay

dude last year you said Pistons in 5 against the cavs lol

I remember i told you at Covers that it would go atleast 6 :shake:

Of course not....Dice has been GREAT on defense this series...stepping out...blocking shots and at least posing a threat on offense...

After Bron hit that three to make it 88-87...I knew the game was over...thats when he started to "Feel" it...then some confident drives led to him getting more confident...

I think DET would of had a bigger lead late...maybe Bron woulda started playing offense with say 8 minutes left rather than 3...but thats heresay

you still would have bet DET.

how many games in this series have you bet Det ? :shake:

Iffey is an understatement. I'm confused. Flip went to that half court trap, which at least had some effect late in the game. Then on the final possession, NOTHING. Man coverage against a player having a superhuman night.

I agree...thats when coaches get scared of giving up an easy shot..even if no one had scored for awhile...

either way it should have been for tie..Rasheed get hit on arm...thats gotta be called but no suprise it wasn't.

Shit...can DET pull one outta there asses?..they done it three years in a row

At the very least I'm glad my rant spurred some good discussion about the league and the games.

Thanks for that, guys.

you still would have bet DET.

how many games in this series have you bet Det ? :shake:

that would be 2.

I bet game 4 soley thinking thatCLE would have hugehs on bnch...meaning gibson could be taken advantage of early

I won on DET 2nd halves in gmes 1 and 2...hit over in game 4

I might try it. Soft lines always interest me, and if the basketball's not bad and the teams have some consistency to them, I just might.

Though what I want to do is enjoy the summer, build up some of my bankroll for football. I'm on a threee to five year plan to get my roll up to where I want it, so every year is all about growth for me, not profit taking.

Well, I wasn't suggesting you bet it. I was suggesting you watch it for a contrast to what you've been watching.

:shake:

"There is no racing without betting."

=)

No, I know you were. And I may. But really I'm so much more interested in time off than anything else. I'd like to recharge.

Some interesting discussion in here tonight.

JP you might be right about how the game was one of the best individual performances ever, but to me that makes it one of the best games.

Haven't read all the posts in here, but I have to say that while I believe McDyess should have gotten a F1, the F2 might have been a little over the top...

and having him out the lineup really hurt them in the paint and could have easily changed the outcome of the game. (hell look at how many points Z had)

The officiating was very interesting tonight.

I'm not one to say that it was bad officiating, although a couple calls were very interesting to say the least... but the way the refs have been calling stuff this post season, I'm not surprized that McDyess got thrown out. Stern doesn't want shit like that in the finals and I'm sure he has told the officiating crew that.

Overall I don't believe the officiating was terrible this game. Yes they called every ticky-tacky foul out there. But they were consistant with the calls tonight. One can easily see that the officials called this game totally different than the last couple, but that's how it goes sometimes in the NBA when the under/over fix is in. At least they were consistant throughout the entire game. They called everything. Even those last 2 fouls to push it to OT were called on very interesting circumstances.

Either way I enjoyed watching the game and that's what it's all about, right?

To me this has been the best series so far. It may not be the scorefest or even the best teams in the NBA, but the teams are so evenly matched that it makes for some nice NBA drama. Which is what the NBA is known for.

just my 2 cents

Back