Goodbye, NBA, I won't miss you

Ben was offered a fuckload by the Stons..they were the ones that gave this guy a chance when no one else would and then he goes to Chicago? It was a done deal last year in the Heat series that Ben was gone.

It is a done deal that Chauncey is gone too...it is the same play and same scenario.

any chance Chauncey goes to the Lakers ?

I don't think Det. did Ben dirty. I think Big went off to get paid.

Nothing really wrong with that, I just think they're both going to regret it in the long run.

Sometimes you need to stay in a system and a town. Some of the Philadelphia Eagles have learned this the hard way, the Colorado Avalanche were smart and never had to learn it by losing Joe Sakic, though they were close. But neither Rod Brind'Amour nor the Flyers were never the same when they chose Lindros over him.

Yes! Gotta give up Bynum, though, in a sign and trade. And probably will need to throw in Kwame's expiring contract to match salaries. (I think) Kwame has 1 year left?

Bynum and Kwame for Mr.Big Shot ?

fuck what are the Lakers waiting for :smiley_acbe:

lebron was born to take the role mike had. you could see it the first time he took foot on an nba court.

I think Chauncey goes back home to Denver or somewhere out west that suits his game.

Larry Brown getting a gig might play a role as well.

Cavs is a possible destination in the east.

cavs have a team full of em. guys who wont quit and play with a purpose.

Stop it. Those guys started clearing out so LB could play one on one with 8:00 to go in the fourth. Not one of those guys wants the ball down the stretch--and, really, with good reason, none of them are really very good and LeBron's great.

I think Chauncey goes back home to Denver or somewhere out west that suits his game.

The city would welcome him, especially since they p*ssed him away the first time. Not sure how he'd fit with AI, though.

Oh, and my guess, Cavs -4.5.

Stop it. Those guys started clearing out so LB could play one on one with 8:00 to go in the fourth. Not one of those guys wants the ball down the stretch--and, really, with good reason, none of them are really very good and LeBron's great.

come on Joe.

Eric Snow lives for the Big shots lol :smiley_acbe:

He did have some key defensive stops :shake:

a team of players dont all have the same role. at this point in the game lebron said like i heard him say before ... give me the ball everybody play d.

I agree with Joe here. Z is literally on his last leg. Gooden fades at times. Hughes has had a terrible series. Snow is a solid defender.

Anderson and Gibson are the only pieces that can play. But those 2 with James, and scoring big man, and a solid PG with leadership qualities can make this team good for a while.

a team of players dont all have the same role. at this point in the game lebron said like i heard him say before ... give me the ball everybody play d.

I agree somewhat about the roles of players, but ultimately others need to step up and score. We can assume Lebron won't get 50 against the Spurs if they make it.

why is it some people still continue to think the cavs are a one man show. one man show doesnt get it done. lebron + role players who play within their role get it done.

That's some serious shit there buddy... lol.

That aint shit I would watch an entire raider game from start to finish last year.

and I have never ever ever seen an Offense as bad as the Raiders last year never. Not even in college. The D was great though :smiley_acbe:

It's fine to back, LeBron, Brewer, and if you're a Cavs fan, that's fine, but seriously, these guys are flat-out bad.

This team is the Sixers team AI took to the Finals. Take LB away and this team doesn't make the playoffs. Period. Same way with that Sixers team. It just makes what he's doing more impressive, but it's not an excuse for the coaching or management of that Cleveland organization who, to this point, are surrounding LeBron with nothing.

Excuse me, with one point of their last 32 or whatever in a Conference Finals game.

Maybe Gibson turns into something. Maybe a new coach can find some strengths in those stiffs, but quite honestly you could have taken pretty much the worst other four starters from any other NBA roster and they'd be just as effective as what Cleveland is putting out there right now around LeBron.

b/c lebron is hungry
061103_james_vmed_10p.widec.jpg

I'm glad I see nothing live. Certainly doesnt stop me making money, does stop me losing more hours than I already do following this shit online. Easier to leave a gamecast behind than live coverage.

why is it some people still continue to think the cavs are a one man show.

Maybe because we watched the fourth quarter and OT of this game tonight where basically no other player had a FG.

Get LB Jason Kidd, get him a decent rebounder and this team will be the team to beat in the EC for the next three years.

Joe.....I can understand your pain.

I will admit that I didn;t watch one sec of Utah-SA game 5. Just not exciting.

If DEt wasn't in it...I might not be watching this series.

Either way James finally put himself on the superstar relm tonight. He is officially one now...not a fabricated one.

I said Game 5 would bring something we haven't seen...it sure did...

a great 13 minutes by James and 9 outta 10 players on the court would get fouled with no call...sick

cavs are 2-0 vs der ass. they better be ready.

u shoulda learned by now that regular season series are meaningless.

The one thing...SA hasn;t played a good defensive team yet...now they will.

SA in 5 or 6....prolly 5..

he was on fire you get him the ball. just like you do in the video game when it tells you, "on fire."

u shoulda learned by now that regular season series are meaningless.

The one thing...SA hasn;t played a good defensive team yet...now they will.

SA in 5 or 6....prolly 5..

you dont even have a feel for your own team so dont even start to question what i have and have not learned.

golden st vs dallas was that meaningless?

how does flat out bad make it to the EC finals and have a 3-2 lead?

Because the whole conference sucks and LeBron is good enough to carry an entire team on his back.

Look at the teams in the EC playoffs. Orlando, one man deep, at center, not a good team. Toronto, one man deep, young, inconsistent, not a good team, a vastly improved team, but not good yet. New Jersey, a little deeper, they almost have a starting five. But they're horribly coached and VC isn't clutch, not a good team.

Chicago, very young, not a horrible team, but just very young and very, very inconsistent. Not a good team, yet.

Detroit, a fading good team. No more Big Ben, average coaching at best.

So when none of the teams are very good, it shouldn't be a surprise that a bad team gets to the Conference Finals.

Hell, it's not as if that Sixer team with Iverson was a good team. They were a mediocre team with a great player having a great year. AI carried them as far as he could. The same will happen to LB until they get him some talent around him.

you dont even have a feel for your own team so dont even start to question what i have and have not learned.

Keep showing your age Brewer. You are a bandwagon kid who looks to suck off the nuts of great players. Your in CHI you should hate CLE.

I'll bet you 5,000 right now that SA wins in 6 games or less

You up for it?

Your little flop artist in CLE totally changed this game. That was not a Flagrant 2.

If Antonio gets suspended its a farce. Lebron was assessed with a Flagrant 2 2 days after Game 2 and never recieved a suspension.

Don't ever start shit with someone that can outcap your ass in a variety of sports and has been doing it for many years.

Keep showing your age Brewer. You are a bandwagon kid who looks to suck off the nuts of great players. Your in CHI you should hate CLE.

I'll bet you 5,000 right now that SA wins in 6 games or less

You up for it?

Your little flop artist in CLE totally changed this game. That was not a Flagrant 2.

If Antonio gets suspended its a farce. Lebron was assessed with a Flagrant 2 2 days after Game 2 and never recieved a suspension.

Don't ever start shit with someone that can outcap your ass in a variety of sports and has been doing it for many years.

Logic says Spurs in 5. After the past few weeks, I wouldn't be surprised to see Cleveland win somehow. It's just been a playoffs filled with impossibles.

golden st vs dallas was that meaningless?

One sample. Dive into things deeper before you speak.

DET 3-1 vs Cle this year
Det 3-1 vs Mia last year
Chi 3-1 vs Det this year
DET was 2-0 vs Spurs year they played
Det 4-0 against Jersey in 2003(although injuries were a factor)

Thats a bit bigger sample....

Lebron got some dunks...FT's lte in game...then come OT...he was groovin and hit some fantastic shots...he was then in a zone..not much you can do

As for whether or not Brewer was serious about his comment, I doubt it. It's tough to discern sarcasm online. But I doubt he was trying to come at you.

Logic says Spurs in 5. After the past few weeks, I wouldn't be surprised to see Cleveland win somehow. It's just been a playoffs filled with impossibles.

I dunno beLIE...

I basically said SA west and CLE east...

No big difference really.

Tonights game was BS due to the Dice play. The 3 droughts DET had in the game werewhen Shhed and Webber were on bench and they couldn;t extend leads..kept it close.

Shit happens

I still say Detroit should have doubled LBJ on the final possession. You have to assume the 3rd OT was theirs. Unless James is superhuman and could carry his entire team in another 5 minutes.

As for whether or not Brewer was serious about his comment, I doubt it. It's tough to discern sarcasm online. But I doubt he was trying to come at you.

Doesn't really matter to me either way. He is so wishy-washy. He lives in Chicago and is a Bulls fan. They lose so now he is back to being a Cavs fan.

The Cavs are as boring as DET except for the occasional magical LeBron moment. The Spurs are boring other than their execution(a true nba fan enjoys that)

i was a believer in james before there even was a bandwagon.

im in college and dont have 5,000 to wager on any bet.

i didnt see the flagrant

i never claimed to be able to outcap you.

was a little mad for you calling me out and now youve done it twice.

DIce call was BS...fuck reggie miller too...didn't he sau he should be suspended yada yada?

Doesn't really matter to me either way. He is so wishy-washy. He lives in Chicago and is a Bulls fan. They lose so now he is back to being a Cavs fan.

The Cavs are as boring as DET except for the occasional magical LeBron moment. The Spurs are boring other than their execution(a true nba fan enjoys that)

The bandwagon stuff is understandable. No problem there. But then attack his capping ability probably wasn't necessary. Considering he's 20 (I think) and isn't afraid to openly ask for advice to better his skills.

Back