Georgia Tech to Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl - Don't like how they were chosen???

majent

Oklahoma Sooners
Then don't turn on your TV and watch it. And if you either live or will be visiting the greater Atlanta area, by all means, do not attend either.

Home for the holidays: Georgia Tech to get Chick-fil-A Bowl invite

Associated Press

<!-- promo plug -->
<!-- end promo plug -->
<!-- end story header --> <!-- begin left column --> <!-- begin page tools --> Updated: December 3, 2008, 9:41 AM ET

<!-- end page tools --> <!-- begin story body --> <!-- template inline -->ATLANTA -- Georgia Tech has been selected as the ACC representative in the Dec. 31 Chick-fil-A Bowl in Atlanta.
The selection of Georgia Tech will be officially announced at a news conference on Wednesday at the school. Georgia Tech is 9-3 following a 45-42 win over Georgia last Saturday and will receive its first invitation since 2000 to its hometown Chick-fil-A Bowl at the Georgia Dome.
Chick-fil-A president Gary Stokan said Georgia Tech's "great TV football brand" and "passionate fan base" make the team a good fit for the game.
Stokan's committee also considered Florida State and the loser of Saturday's Virginia Tech-Boston College ACC championship game.

Ga played V-tech in the peach. The committee is smart, they pick teams within driving distance to fill the stadium. It usually is a great game to watch, as the teams are markey names. Could we see a rematch with Georgia?

Ga played V-tech in the peach. The committee is smart, they pick teams within driving distance to fill the stadium. It usually is a great game to watch, as the teams are markey names. Could we see a rematch with Georgia?

No you will not see a rematch...and Ga tech does not have a passionate fan base. that made me lol

You do not need a passionate fan base to travel 5 miles. If G-Tech made the Emeral Nut Bowl in San Diego, I would have laughed out loud. Not even the boosters would have made that trip.

and they cried about it and used it as a gigantic excuse why they got their asses handed to them.

Why anyone would want to go to a bowl game on San Fran bay in late December is beyond me. Might as well play it in an unheated outdoor pool in Telluride. Fucking freezing and wet. Just nasty.

Why anyone would want to go to a bowl game on San Fran bay in late December is beyond me. Might as well play it in an unheated outdoor pool in Telluride. Fucking freezing and wet. Just nasty.

can't argue with you there, but it's better than going to Detroit or Boise in january

Back