Game 6 - Round 1 - NBA Playoffs discussion thread

divol

The Spurs can suck my manhood
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL BASKETBALL - THU 5/2[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt1"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Thu 5/2[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]539[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Brooklyn Nets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+1.5 1.935[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 2.050[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 183.5 1.971[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]05:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]540[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Chicago Bulls[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-1.5 1.971[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.862[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 183.5 1.935[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Thu 5/2[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]543[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Denver Nuggets[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]-1.5 2.020[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.935[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Over 211 1.935[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesAlt2"]
[TD="bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]07:35 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]544[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Golden State Warriors[/TD]
[TD="class: linesScore, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"][/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]+1.5 1.885[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"] 1.971[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #C1D2EE"]Under 211 1.971[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
[TABLE="class: linesTbl, width: 934"]
<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 12px;">[TR="class: linesHeader"]
[TD="colspan: 8"][h=4]NBA BASKETBALL BASKETBALL - FRI 5/3[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesColumns"]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, colspan: 4, align: center"]GAME[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]HANDICAP[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MONEY LINE[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]TOTAL POINTS[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #000032, align: center"]MORE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: linesDate, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Fri 5/3[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]551[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Los Angeles Clippers[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]+5.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 3.050[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Over 180.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMore, bgcolor: #E6EEFB, align: center"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]12:00 AM[/TD]
[TD="class: linesRotNumBold, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]552[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTeam, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Memphis Grizzlies[/TD]
[TD="class: linesSpread, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]-5.5 1.952[/TD]
[TD="class: linesMLine, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"] 1.435[/TD]
[TD="class: linesTotals, bgcolor: #E6EEFB"]Under 180.5 1.952[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

All three look like very obvious Under results.
Elimination games and Bulls, Nets, Clippers, Warriors - all have tons of small injuries that slowly added up during the series. Series between Warriors and Nuggets became really aggressive in Game 5 in second half and this trend should only continue as the stakes rise for both teams.
We actually get the highest totals of the series in some of those games...

Im not sure I wanna mess with an under bet in the Warriors series, but I get where you are coming from..

Warriors are really tempting again, probably be on them

anyway to sticky shit by series or something

lotta clutter,,,,good info, just needs condensing

Don't often prefer to play a side over a total, but I'll be hunting the Warriors live in-game tomorrow. Think we'll see them absorb Denver's biggest blow early, then wear them down as befits their being the better team. If I felt they were the ones to come out of the blocks early/annihilate Denver from the get-go, then I'd bet pre-game. But I'm not enamoured with Curry's inconsistency/his floating in and out of games at the moment. If GS were going to do a number on Denver and win this thing early, then he'd have to be there from the start. Last 2 games don't have me believing he's going to put in such a consistent performance here. We'll see.

played the under on all three games.

as for the sides, no plays yet but will likely play all home teams. will look at in-game bets mostlikely.

glta!

What's going on with ankles and GSW?
I know that Curry has this problem, but now also Bogut and Jack???

Why Bulls nba? I have no faith in my boys unless Hinrich is a go. I lean Nuggets again as well. They didn't throw out that line for no reason. Warriors anger with the Nuggets rough play shows that they are indeed hurting.

When leading a best of 7 series 3-2, the Bulls have a series record of 12-1 (11-0 series winning streak) and a 10-4 SU Game 6 record.

When trailing a best of 7 series 2-3, the Nets have an 0-3 series record and an 0-3 SU Game 6 record.

Why Bulls nba? I have no faith in my boys unless Hinrich is a go. I lean Nuggets again as well. They didn't throw out that line for no reason. Warriors anger with the Nuggets rough play shows that they are indeed hurting.

Opening line was where it should be, no hints there.

GSW were 'home dogs' in Games 3/4 and 7.5 dogs in Denver. Books rarely change their opening stance especially in the preliminary rounds plus this is a must-win game for Denver and they for the most part dominated Game 5.

David Lee out. Opener was accurate.

Yeah if you want 90% on Warriors it was accurate.

Every goon and their mom thinks Warriors close this one out tonight. Injuries must be more serious than just banged up for GSW

When leading a best of 7 series 3-2, the Bulls have a series record of 12-1 (11-0 series winning streak) and a 10-4 SU Game 6 record.

When trailing a best of 7 series 2-3, the Nets have an 0-3 series record and an 0-3 SU Game 6 record.

I think all but one or two of those series involved Jordan. Certainly nothing to see here.

Yeah if you want 90% on Warriors it was accurate.

Every goon and their mom thinks Warriors close this one out tonight. Injuries must be more serious than just banged up for GSW

Consensus sites are just propaganda. There will be a decent amount of Nugget money also. Why would the books attempt to possibly show their hand and put out a 'strong' line of Warriors -3 or -4.

Sometime ago I know but in 2006/07 when the lower seeded Warriors knocked off the higher seeded Mavs, they were dogged in every home game even though they were clearly the 'better' team at that point in time.

Pre-series stance was that the Nuggets were the much better team and would dispose of the soft Warriors with relative ease and some even thought make it to the WCF's, Golden State then lost Lee and it was almost a given to most folks that Denver would all but sweep the series. Books are stubborn and still believe that the Nuggets are the 'better' team as do I and many others but they are poorly coached and subject to numerous periods of plain stupid basketball. It is but one game of many, doubt the books put a ton of thought into luring Warriors' bettors to their demise via the opening line...

The Knicks waking up the Celtics with their trash talking is ridiculous. Credit Garnett for starting this earlier this season. Smart dude. If you can't beat them physically, attack them mentally. After all, a large reason for success is how the players approach games from a mental standpoint. Celtics have the hearts of champions. The Knicks wish they did. I'm really surprised Kidd didn't stop the Knicks from doing what they did. Probably he didn't know about it, like Woodson didn't know about it :confused2:

I think all but one or two of those series involved Jordan. Certainly nothing to see here.

Just throwing it out there and it's fairly obvious that most of those involved Jordan. History though, does often uncannily repeat itself but obviously only a moron would go out and bet the Bulls tonight based on this information.

I did not realize at the time that Gallinari loss would have such an impact on a team that a few weeks ago I thought was as good as any in the west. My emotion says they bury GS tonight.

Though he rarely changes his expression, seldom smiles or grimaces on the court, Joe Johnson admitted he’s in grave pain, is basically playing on one leg and that his role is of a “decoy” as the Nets try to ward off elimination from the Bulls heading into Game 6 on Thursday.

If the Nets were playing in the regular season instead of the playoffs, Johnson, who has been nursing a sore left heel since February, said the injury is so severe, he expressed doubt he would even play.

“It’s kind of like I’m out there on one leg, honestly, man," Johnson said on Wednesday at the team's practice facility in East Rutherford. "I can't really push the basketball if I get a rebound. I can't really run pick-and-rolls, so basically I'm a decoy, a spot-up shooter. I can't really do a whole lot. Like I told Deron (Williams) and Brook (Lopez) I'll be the bailout guy if you get into a sticky situation. Just try and find me."

As the Nets head to Chicago, trailing 3-2 in the Eastern Conference Series, Nets coach P.J. Carlesimo spoke as if Johnson's condition was unchanging - the foot won't get worse or better at this point in the season and that Johnson would have to do his best to carry on. Johnson tried to rest the heel in February by playing limited minutes but has still been hobbled. Johnson played over 39 minutes in Monday's win, scoring 11 points.

"I'm not concerned that Joe's playing injured, (and) I'm not worried that he's going (to) injure it anymore," Carlesimo said. "It's what it is. He's playing, hindered or whatever is the correct word and it's just - he's dealing with it. I think that people probably don't appreciate what he's going through every game to go out there and to play," Calesimo went on. "That's what warriors do."

RELATED: ON BRINK OF ELIMINATION, BLATCHE SAYS NETS ARE BETTER TEAM

The Bulls have openly crowed about their toughness against the Nets, with one report quoting Bulls forward Taj Gibson declaring the Bulls more resilient because of their ability to cope with injuries. Johnson peered up at a reporter who asked for a response to Gibson's comment with his sleepy eyes, momentarily speechless.

"It doesn't matter, doesn't mean anything, at this point," he said of the matter of toughness. "It's about who wants it bad enough. We've proven a lot in this series. Right now out backs are against the wall still, and we have to go to Chicago and win a game - point blank. The thing about who's tougher - it doesn't matter at this point."

Johnson said the Bulls have tried to take advantage of his injury by making him move on defense, just as the Nets and center Brook Lopez have gone at a hobbled Joakim Noah. Johnson said it was more challenging for him to play through his injury than it was for Noah because of the different positions they play, seemingly calling attention to his toughness. Noah is dealing with plantar fasciitis.

"I think (the Bulls) do the same thing - running me off picks and screens and making me move a lot," Johnson said. "I think it's a little different from me and Joakim Noah considering the fact that he's a big man and I'm a guard. My game is predicated on moving around, chasing guys off picks and going off the dribble, running pick and rolls. So he has a little easier than what I have."

On the Mend: Backup center Andray Blatche said he will be 90% for Thursday's game after receiving treatment on his right calf. Reggie Evans wasn't at Wednesday's practice because he wasn't feeling well. Evans is expected to play Thursday.

latest on Bulls...Hinrich still out? Any suprises coming with D. Rose? Doubtful, but just throwing it out there.

What kind of players sits out a Game 6 elimination game because of the flu ?

Harden up, yo...

I just love Ron Artest (twitter):
Who is harder to guard?" Ill tell u patty. Your nice .. Jordan
The reason I say Jordan is because he gave me 40 in my defensive prime. He was 40 yrs old. In my prime there was no better defender ever.

Who knows what the F the Knicks were thinking in Game 5. My guess is arrogance. That result should've snapped any complacency out of their heads, at least one would think. Boston has still only once put 2 offensive regulation halves together in this series. NYK's only half-time lead has come at the garden.

Not sold on OKC - Hou wised up & faked a Linsanity injury, been unbeatable without his suckiness on court ever since. But no great feel for this series at this point. Westbrook & Linsanity disappearing has thrown all pre/early-series perceptions up in the air.

Expecting an ugly, ugly game 6 (a repeat of game 3's scoring, notably at this same venue) between Indy & Atlanta, on the condition Indy is competitive (I'll reserve a totals bet to in-game). Game 5s in a 2-2 series are faux elimination games. In the 2nd half of game 5, Indy shut Atlanta down in 3 of the 4 x 6 minute blocks of that half. The only block Atl scored in was the one in which the refs dished out FT attempts to them like candy. That kind of defensive effort spread over 3-4 periods here from Indy? Atl chokes and we're looking at a 150-170 pt game total.

IMO Memphis will have to shoot themselves in the foot to lose this series from here (wouldn't rule out a Game 7 being needed, but don't see LAC being good enough to take 2 straight from here). Blake's injury situation obv. a key. Another series that's really only had 1 stinker game total (exactly like Atl/Ind, Game 3: here totalling 176 pts), otherwise every game has totaled 184+. They've conditioned bettors not to be afraid to bet Over the 180 lines they've regularly dished out, but I can see a 160-170 pt total easy here, esp. if Memphis is the final SU winner. Only scenario I see for the Over cashing is an LAC win (so again for me it'll be waiting for in-game total betting, after getting a handle on where LAC's heads are at).

Given the early & late games are concurrent, my focus will therefore be on in-game elimination Under bets with Atl/Indy (w/the latter's 2nd ranked scoring & 1st ranked FG % defense) early, & Mem/Lac (w/the former's 1st ranked scoring & 3rd ranked FG % defense) late.

Few quick thoughts:

Houston - Oklahoma - don't know what to think here. Before the series started, I was 99% sure that Thunder will sweep the Rockets. Best rival that could dream...
But Westbrook's injury obviously changed a lot and Rockets suddenly have faifth.
I have zero doubt that Thunder will be looking to put this series to bed, but they do know that worse case scenario, they still have the home court game fall back if they lose.
If this was Game 7, my money would have been on the Thunder, but right now skip.

Atl - Indi - Can't agree with the way that BC got to his result, but agree with the result.
I think that home court will be once again dominant and that this would be one ugly game to watch. Huge game for both teams for obvious reasons and we can see that the teams adjust well on defense and that after 5 games with really high scores, we saw three with low scores and in such huge game, can't imagine this one going to 190+ type of game.

Memphis - Clippers - last year, both elimination games between the teams resulted in an Under. 178 in Game 6 (total was 179) and 154 points in Game 7 (total was 176.5). Game 7 was in Memphisl, like tonight's game and like tonight, CP3 and Blake came to the game really injured. They won via defense and I really doubt this one get to 180 points.
I have taken Memphis in the first 5 games of this series, but somehow, I have a strong feeling that Memphis wins this one in Game 7, so will skip tonight, especially with my bet on Memphis winning the series already in place.

Boston - NYK - here one thing I would worry about if I was Celtics fan and that's is rest. Boston plays the next two games (if needed) on one day's rest only with flight in the middle for the first time in this series.
Fatigue was a major reason in my eyes for Boston's poor showings in previous games and can be the winning factor for NYK here.
Under makes sense here, since Boston will fight for their lives and for the chance to do history, great way to finish current dynasty (since title was never an option in my eyes) and become the first team to make a comeback from 0 - 3 trailing.
But, the fact that we have yet to see one Over result in regulation in this series yet, making it 8 Under results in a row in regulation in H2H, worries me a bit.

Hardest bet on the board to pull the trigger on is Houston, thus I will be on Houston.

In Memphis, Pinnacle opened at 4 them moved to 6.5....my numbers says 5.5 with injuries. Teams with talent tend to rally when they lose a star, and I expect to see that from the Clips tonight. Del ***** needs to put Paul in a better position to do his thing. We've seen the Allen/Conley combo for 3 games now, time to adjust Vinny.

Hardest bet on the board to pull the trigger on is Houston, thus I will be on Houston.

Houston has delivered 2 victories in 5 games to this point. Indy/Atl & Mem/Lac have delivered only 1 Under result respectively in 5 games to this point. I'd suggest on pure numbers alone it's harder to take an Under in either of those latter 2 Game 6s than it is to take Houston.

Interesting stats for the Hawks/Pacers series:

Indy is 0-13 SU their last 13 visits to Atlanta, however only 5 of those losses (the last 5) were suffered by a Pacers team that had a winning season record (only 1 of those 5 previous losses was by less then 9 pts).
Avg losing margin for those last 5 losses = 10.4 pts (FG total avg = 184.0 pts).
Avg losing margin for the 8 losses previous to those = 12.0 pts (FG total avg = 202.3 pts)

Atlanta is 4-0 to Under (game avg 178.0 pts) & 1-3 SU & ATS this season off being held to a sub-90 pt TT & playing @home vs a playoff worthy team (thou of course all these games were reg. season ones).

Am I the only one reading this tell in the Knicks celtics game? Not a single game in the series has gone over in regulation, and tonight we see a higher open than what game 5 closed at? Why?

Am I the only one reading this tell in the Knicks celtics game? Not a single game in the series has gone over in regulation, and tonight we see a higher open than what game 5 closed at? Why?

OK, toss everything I wrote previously. I should've looked at the lines myself, first.

Game 5 was in NYK. Game 6 isn't. Boston's D conceded 5.5 pts less at home vs on the road this season. The last game played in Boston (Game 4) opened 182.5, and closed 181.5. The line here opened 181.5. While Game 4 only went Over due to OT, that game's scoring only really floundered in the 4th quarter (35 pts), otherwise it was previously going along nicely enough to potentially deliver Over in regulation.

So based on the above, I see nothing really untoward.

As an aside, if I'm Boston I get as many players from the 04 Red Sox sitting in the front row seats as I can, with their unis on. They were the first to do it in baseball, and did it over a NYK team. Now it's basketball's turn?

Last edited:
Love that last part BC. And they should get them there in NY for game 7. :)

If Boston wins tonight, the next 48 hours is going to be a trip down nightmare alley for New Yorkers

Although I think the Knicks can refuse anyone they want from being in the arena right? Could see the organization not allowing that.

I don't care how badly the Pacers want to close out tonight, they can't and they won't.

Hawks ML
Hawks -1

4 Team Teaser:
Nuggets +7
Knicks +2.5
Hawks +3
Grizz: -1.5

Although I think the Knicks can refuse anyone they want from being in the arena right? Could see the organization not allowing that.

They could always wear some easily removed clothes over their uni tops, then who at the door is going to recognise them? Get in, sit down then change up in-game. Have to be real cunts to boot people out from there.

Who said the pacers badly want to close it tonight? In the back of their minds they know they could end this in game 7 quite easily at home. I don't see why they would be itching to end it here.

If Indy wants to, they can (they have the 1st ranked road D, Atl home D is ranked 22nd. They aren't a Tin Man team, Atl is). The Q for any pre-game bettor thinking about them is, do they want to? Get your foot on Atl's throat, and their tin spine crumples. Give them breathing room by playing half-assed bball, that's when they'll get ya. Indy showed nothing in Game 3 (lost the 1st by 13, 2nd by 11), and after a tight 1st period in Game 4 wilted rather quickly in the 2nd period (Atl opened with an 14-3 run, and won it by 16). Their effort on D from the get-go is what I'll be keying in on. I would only recommend betting Indy in-game, once you've seen at least 1/2-to-a-full period of effort from them.

Celtics guard Avery Bradley played a series-low 22 minutes in Game 5, this after playing a series-high 40 minutes in Game 4 when the Knicks nearly overcame a 20-point deficit to win. Playing Bradley less has proved beneficial for Boston. When he's on the court against the Knicks, Boston averages just 77.0 points per 48 minutes and the team shoots 28.8 percent from beyond the arc. When he's on the bench, the Celtics have averaged 89.5 points per 48 minutes and shot 42 percent from 3-point range.

The Celtics were 17-17 from the foul line in Game 5, their third-most made free throws without a miss in the playoffs in the last 40 seasons. Boston is shooting 88.5 percent from the line in the series compared to 74.2 percent for the Knicks, and made all 19 of its free throws in Game 1.

In Game 5 Jason Kidd was held scoreless and had 0 assists in more than 21 minutes on the floor. He's just the 4th point guard with such a game in the playoffs in the last 20 seasons.

Back