G4M Supers & CWS

like em Grind. Wind looks to be straight in today and is blowing pretty good. Played under in the late game bigger.

zona's pitching is criminal. 100 pitches on 2 days rest...awful. I would never send my kid to idiots like that. I would think they go with Cloney to counter Muno and Bush as well as slow down the UCSB running game.

aaaand Bannister's ulnar collateral ligament finally popped

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This interview exemplifies Coastal Baseball. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Selfless?src=hash">#Selfless</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Relentless?src=hash">#Relentless</a><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/CCUinOMAHA?src=hash">#CCUinOMAHA</a> <a href="https://t.co/2o7NobFrwV">pic.twitter.com/2o7NobFrwV</a></p>&mdash; Coastal Baseball (@CoastalBaseball) <a href="https://twitter.com/CoastalBaseball/status/746383899022897152">June 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Great recruiting pitch in that video from Morrison talking about how Gilmore puts their health first. Anyway, corn fed righty Mitchell Traver confirmed to start for TCU. As for CCU, Gilmore wouldn't commit to Beckwith as his starter, but Morrison pretty much confirms it in the interview.

Traver is the 6'7" kid who was pitching in the College Station Supers video that went viral when the crowd was doing their ball chant -- think Traver threw about 12 balls in a row or something like that. Gets lots of downward tilt on his fastball like Howard, but don't believe he throws a cutter like Howard does.

By the way, Cub, you're OTC until midnight in the June draft if you happen to see this. Joining you on that under tonight, but rolling 1st 5 and no score 1st inning.

As Cub alluded to earlier, wind is blowing in 15 mph from center... sun is also out as of now so may catch some 8:00 pm shadows in that 1st inning or two which have been difficult on both hitters and outfielders. Watched some footage on Traver -- can run it up mid-90s with some serious sink and has a tight little slide piece. Had a great RS sophomore season but a back muscle issue kept him out until May and has been prone to injuries throughout career (redshirted a season due to injury). Drafted in 17th round this season, but expected to return and be the ace of the staff next season as well as improve his draft stock. He could really make a huge leap to the first or second round in next season's draft if he can prove to be a little more durable.

Thank the baseball Gods CCU's CF tracked that ball down for the final out. My surgically repaired right elbow started to ache when he got over 130 pitches lol.

Arizona's Dalbec and OKST's Hatch have been confirmed to take the ball tomorrow; I'd set that total at 6

Hope you can still type, nice job G

Haven't watched a pitch of baseball in a couple weeks (any level) but seems like you're doing ok

I'd imagine it's been pretty refreshing, KJ. GL with your wagers on the pitch.

Back at ya, cub.

Saturday:

427 TCU -1 -156 3*

Janczak taking the bump for TCU tonight on five days of rest off 88 pitches vs TTU. Gilmore hasn't committed to Cunningham as his starter, but he'd be going on three days rest if so. He faced 19 TCU batters and worked 4.1 on 65 pitches before being pulled for Holmes to work out of a jam (which really wasn't Cunningham's fault). Scattered storms in and out this evening, so if CCU can get one more day of rest for Cunningham, it would be a game changer imo. Keep in mind this is Cunningham's first season back from TJ surgery.

Looks like the first game will probably get in minus a lightning delay or two.

Also, might be a good idea to check your book's ruling on suspended play for college baseball before making any wagers (especially for tonight).

Thanks fellas.

CCU pitching guesses: Bilous, Holmes, Morrison... Beckwith available for an inning or two if we see extras? I'm expecting Holmes to eat up a couple after the first sign of trouble with Bilous and then hand it off to Morrison the rest of the way for four or five. Bilous has some nasty sink on that low 90s two-seamer, but has been hit or miss with his command of it this postseason. Patience (seeing pitches) is the key to getting to Bilous if he starts as he struggles to get that first one over for a strike.

Arizona pitching guesses: Ming, Ginkel, Rivas -- any of those three guys could start ... Bannister doubtful imo; Johnson has kept things close to the vest regarding Bannister's health (elbow) as he should. I'd say Ming will eat about about 4 or 5.

Tuesday:

431 Coastal Carolina +120 3*

i would start morrison and ming if i were coaching.

Big fan of Ming myself; think he could really work his way up the draft board in his junior season as their Friday or Saturday night starter, especially if he adds a couple tics to his velo. Nice clean, repeatable delivery. Here's a decent read delving into Ming's baseball journey this season, bouncing from starter to reliever.... http://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/a...all-cameron-ming-thrives-closer-role-wildcats

You know Morrison is probably in Gilmore's ear as I type this pleading with him for the start. I can't believe he hasn't had a shoulder issue yet throwing that hammer from his 12-6 arm slot.

Always check your posts out but never really post anything. Did have a question though

I had it in my mind that Beckwith would throw game 2 on 3 days rest especially in an elimination game? No chance of that it seems from what you are saying. So do they keep him for game 3 where Arizona will have to throw Dalbec on shorter rest than normal

Always check your posts out but never really post anything. Did have a question though

I had it in my mind that Beckwith would throw game 2 on 3 days rest especially in an elimination game? No chance of that it seems from what you are saying. So do they keep him for game 3 where Arizona will have to throw Dalbec on shorter rest than normal

If Beckwith had thrown around 90-100 pitches in his last start then I'd agree with you on running him out on three days -- but he got up to like 137 or 138 in his CG vs TCU, and the final 10-15 pitches he threw to finish the night were pretty high-stress. I dunno man, for the sake of the kid's health (since he comes from a couple diff arm angles), I'd like to see them save him for a possible game 3 vs Dalbec. Should also be of note that Beckwith hadn't been used to this type of workload during the season, and we're approaching uncharted waters here. They just started working him deep into games when postseason began, but you wouldn't know it after he tossed back to back CGs like it was nothing lol. You could certainly be right though, D - we'll find out shortly with the lineup cards.

It will be interesting but the line says Beckwith will not be throwing. I do know NCAA is a little different because they have to look out for these kids future, unless you are Arizona (and I am an Arizona alum) who threw Bannister until his arm snapped. I just had the feeling coastal would roll with Beckwith for as long as they feel he can go in a must win. If they don't go with him and lose may be tough for them to swallow the fact they didn't even get a shot to throw their best. Dalbec v Beckwith would be an unreal matchup if that was to happen in game 3.

Good luck tonight as I agree with the play but my allegience won't allow me to bet against the Cats. No play for me but will be on the Cats game 3 (hoping there isn't one)

Btw, I like the Donaldson comparison and I see it now that you mentioned it, in a few ways actually...good call

It will be interesting but the line says Beckwith will not be throwing. I do know NCAA is a little different because they have to look out for these kids future, unless you are Arizona (and I am an Arizona alum) who threw Bannister until his arm snapped. I just had the feeling coastal would roll with Beckwith for as long as they feel he can go in a must win. If they don't go with him and lose may be tough for them to swallow the fact they didn't even get a shot to throw their best. Dalbec v Beckwith would be an unreal matchup if that was to happen in game 3.

Good luck tonight as I agree with the play but my allegience won't allow me to bet against the Cats. No play for me but will be on the Cats game 3 (hoping there isn't one)

:popcorn:

Btw, I like the Donaldson comparison and I see it now that you mentioned it, in a few ways actually...good call

I got another mlb player comp for ya for Arizona's Bobby Dalbec. When you watch Dalbec tomorrow, think about how Josh Beckett used to pitch. Their mound mannerisms, delivery and mechanics are eerily similar imo.... and similar durable bodies at 6-foot-4 and 6-foot-5. It will be a fucking travesty if the Red Sox don't make this kid a pitcher. He can run it up to mid 90s with his four-seamer but doesn't have to with the low 90s two-seamer with all that armside run at his disposal. Didn't have his change up working last game, which I've said before is his best pitch, and was still able to dice up OKST with his breaking ball working off the two-seamer

Morrison hasn't looked great in each of his last 3 outings. I'm rolling Over 7.5 tonight

:cheers3:

I had anticipated going under 3.5 1st 5 here so would have felt more than comfortable going under 4.5 +105 which is available at 5d and probably the way to go. Final college baseball play, so I said screw it and payed the tax for 5.

Love the play Grind. Seems like the way either team will score a decent amount of runs if they can get to the bullpens. Arizona has been terrible with risp and has had issues with what they do best, playing small ball. Expect a low scoring game tonight. Hope Arizona doesn't hack at every pitch like last night. Make Beckwith work and try to get him out by the 7th. Arizona will need dalbec to go at least 7 to win imo.

Do you think Arizona DH for Dalbec like they have when he pitches? He is their biggest power bat but has had a terrible cws. Imo they have to keep him in the lineup to hit. He is a big time player and think he shows the Red Sox he is for real on the bump tonight

Let's go Cats. Bear Down

I agree with Grind, Dalbec is a pitcher. I don't think he ever makes it as a hitter. if you struggle to make contact in college, I don't see him being able to make consistent contact in the pros. Meanwhile, he's got some good stuff on the mound and worse case could make it as a reliever.

I disagree on his bat with the poster above. Think he lived off reputation this year hitting .260/.370/.429. He has some raw power, but didn't really display it this year. Gibbons, Ramer, Aguilar were better hitters this year. Huge strikeouts, below average foot speed, and shaky defense.

BOL Grind - very nice work during the CWS.

Thanks Tim, appreciate it.

Love the play Grind. Seems like the way either team will score a decent amount of runs if they can get to the bullpens. Arizona has been terrible with risp and has had issues with what they do best, playing small ball. Expect a low scoring game tonight. Hope Arizona doesn't hack at every pitch like last night. Make Beckwith work and try to get him out by the 7th. Arizona will need dalbec to go at least 7 to win imo.

Do you think Arizona DH for Dalbec like they have when he pitches? He is their biggest power bat but has had a terrible cws. Imo they have to keep him in the lineup to hit. He is a big time player and think he shows the Red Sox he is for real on the bump tonight

Let's go Cats. Bear Down

Valid points there, but Johnson will probably stick with what's been working for Dalbec and hit for him. Overall, he's looked lost at the plate for sure, but these last two games was starting to see the ball better. Several of these guys have seen Dave Berg from UCLA (now in Cubs org), so that sub arm angle that Beckwith comes from at times shouldn't be completely new to them. GL to your guys tonight :cheers3:

I agree with Grind, Dalbec is a pitcher. I don't think he ever makes it as a hitter. if you struggle to make contact in college, I don't see him being able to make consistent contact in the pros. And he doesn't have the power or defense to stay at 3B and strike out at an alarming rate. Meanwhile, he's got some good stuff on the mound and worse case could make it as a reliever.

Scouts were drooling all over him last summer after he led the Cape Cod league in home runs with 12 via wood, so either way, feel like Boston got good value on him in the fifth round when many were talking about him as a first rounder coming into the season. I put my money where my mouth is and took a flier on him in our CTG$ keeper minor league draft (probably would have gone undrafted in our league anyway) in hopes Boston ends up changing their mind and siding with us. No doubt dude would strike out 200 times playing every day at the major league level in a few years. Dalbec reminds me of a guy my Reds drafted a couple years ago in second rounder Taylor Sparks from UCSB who has a similar power ceiling to all fields but also has a huge hole in his swing.

Today is Dalbac's 21st birthday.

Wonder if Bannister can come out of the bullpen ?

Like our chances tonight.

GL Grind (I tailed)

Bear Down Arizona

Thanks Tim, appreciate it.

Valid points there, but Johnson will probably stick with what's been working for Dalbec and hit for him. Overall, he's looked lost at the plate for sure, but these last two games was starting to see the ball better. Several of these guys have seen Dave Berg from UCLA (now in Cubs org), so that sub arm angle that Beckwith comes from at times shouldn't be completely new to them. GL to your guys tonight :cheers3:

Scouts were drooling all over him last summer after he led the Cape Cod league in home runs with 12 via wood, so either way, feel like Boston got good value on him in the fifth round when many were talking about him as a first rounder coming into the season. I put my money where my mouth is and took a flier on him in our CTG$ keeper minor league draft (probably would have gone undrafted in our league anyway) in hopes Boston ends up changing their mind and siding with us. No doubt dude would strike out 200 times playing every day at the major league level in a few years. Dalbec reminds me of a guy my Reds drafted a couple years ago in second rounder Taylor Sparks from UCSB who has a similar power ceiling to all fields but also has a huge hole in his swing.

I shouldn't have have said he doesn't have the power. He has the raw power, but didn't show it this past year for Arizona. He does have some raw pop that you can hear in his batting practice videos. BUt, you can't strike out 35% of the time in college and make it in the pros, I don't think.

I shouldn't have have said he doesn't have the power. He has the raw power, but didn't show it this past year for Arizona. He does have some raw pop that you can hear in his batting practice videos. BUt, you can't strike out 35% of the time in college and make it in the pros, I don't think.

I agree with you on the big league level. No way he succeeds at the plate. Yes he hasn't hit well or with a ton of power but he can mash. The issue I see with him is he looks lost a lot when off speed comes at him.

Today is Dalbac's 21st birthday.

Wonder if Bannister can come out of the bullpen ?

Like our chances tonight.

GL Grind (I tailed)

Bear Down Arizona

Don't expect to see Bannister. He was worked until he snapped this year. Coach has gotten a lot of shit for it. Don't see him coming out of the pen tonight. Let's hope Dalbec can go 7+ tonight because last night I was not comfortable with the bullpen at all. Seemed the lights might have been to bright

Back