Grind_4_Mine

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
Game Wagers: 73-45-1, +41.41u
Future Wagers: 0-2, -6.4u
Final Postseason Overall: 73-47-1, +35.01u

Futures:

Louisville wins CWS +350 3*
Louisville advances to CWS -170 2* (placed down 0-1)

Supers--

Friday:

401 BC +2.5 -145 2*
401 BC/Miami FL under 7.5 -140 1*
405 ECU/TTU under 10.5 -130 3*

407 TCU/TAMU under 10.5 -125 3*
407 TCU +2.5 -170 1*

Saturday:

409 UCSB/Louisville under 9.5 -135 2*
411 OKST +140 2*
411 OKST/South Carolina under 8.5 -130 2*

413 FSU/UF under 11.5 -160 3*
415 CCU/LSU under 10.5 -115 3*
420 ECU +175 2*
420 ECU +1.5 +110 1*

422 Arizona +175 2*
422 Arizona +1.5 +110 1*
423 Texas A&M -140 3*

Sunday:

429 Florida -1.5 -130 2*
429 Florida -210 1*
431 LSU/CCU 1st 5 under 6 -130 2*
431 LSU/CCU under 10.5 -105 2*
435 ECU +1.5 -115 1*
435 ECU +180 1*
439 TCU/TAMU under 10.5 -122 2*

Monday:

446 Florida -1.5 +100 1*

CWS--

Saturday:

401 UCSB/OKST no score 1st inning -135 1*
401 UCSB/OKST under 7.5 -130 3*
401 UCSB +2.5 -210 1*
403 ARI/MIA no score 1st inning +100 1*
403 ARI/MIA under 10.5 -135 2*
403 Arizona +110 2*

Sunday:

405 TCU 1st 5 -140 1*
405 TCU -180 3*
407 CCU/Florida under 9.5 -150 2*
407 Coastal Carolina +2.5 -160 1*

Monday:

410 UCSB +150 2*
410 UCSB +2.5 -175 1*
411 OKST/Arizona 1st 5 under 4 -135 1*

Tuesday:

414 Florida 1st 5 -135 1*
414 Florida -135 3*
415 TCU/CCU 1st 5 under 5 -115 1.5*
415 TCU/CCU under 9.5 -115 1.5*

Wednesday:

417 UCSB +140 2*
417 UCSB/Arizona 1st 5 under 4.5 -125 2*

Thursday:

420 Texas Tech -135 2*

Friday:

421 Arizona +100 3*
423 CCU/TCU no score 1st inning -120 1*
423 CCU/TCU 1st 5 under 5 -115 2*
423 Coastal Carolina 1st 5 +160 3*
423 Coastal Carolina +2.5 -150 1*

Saturday:

425 OKST/Arizona 1st 5 under 3.5 -130 1*
427 TCU -1 -156 3*

Monday:

429 Arizona scores 1st -160 1*
429 Arizona 1st 5 -115 2*

429 Arizona -120 3*

Tuesday:

431 Coastal Carolina +120 3*

Thursday:

433 CCU/Arizona 1st 5 under 5 -125 3*

GL

Last edited:
was close to pulling the trigger on Miss State, but Dakota Hudson has thrown at least 100 pitches in 10 of his starts, and has surpassed 120 pitches on three different occasions. The results of his last two starts may be an indication that's he's going through a dead arm period from the wear and tear, who knows. Hudson is known to be a bit of a headcase which may have resulted in him slipping to the end of the first round to St. Louis, but one would think he should be pitching with that weight off his shoulders today.

yeah P that was frustrating to watch. umpire behind dish was awful both ways.

423 Texas A&M -140 3*

Glad I wasn't the only one that thought this. Lots of pitches on the corners not called for ECU in the 9th-11th IMO. Kept getting behind the count.

Agree Gators, bout ECU today?

feel like value is with Pirates at that number for sure. wanted to scope out starters first but may go ahead and play it. i'm projecting lefties wolfe vs damron, neither of whom have looked great this postseason. TTU the more RHH dominant lineup though

feel like value is with Pirates at that number for sure. wanted to scope out starters first but may go ahead and play it. i'm projecting lefties wolfe vs damron, neither of whom have looked great this postseason. TTU the more RHH dominant lineup though
Was thinking Wolfe vs Damron also

ECU freshman righty Sam Lanier has been their hottest arm down the stretch, but he got the L last night in relief after facing six batters. He's been used as a long relief guy when a starter hits the fan early, so I'd imagine he'll be on call if Wolfe falters (assuming he starts this one) since he only threw 26 pitches yesterday. Lanier carved Memphis up after facing just one batter the previous day in the USA tourney and carved William & Mary up off 10 pitches the previous day vs UVA in the Regionals. So in other words he's done his best work the day after a short outing, and believe he matches up better with that TTU lineup.

435 ECU +1.5 -115 1*
435 ECU +180 1*

Grind, I'd be curious if you can give us an overall ranking of the 9 that are left.

1) Coastal Carolina: swagger... fearless... Beckwith comes from a couple different arm angles... Cunningham bulldog #2 with a great changeup... Holmes can start or come out the pen... closer Morrison MVP of staff... balance of speed and power throughout order... SS Paez a gamer... outfield can cover a ton of ground which should bode well in Omaha... most well-rounded team in Omaha imo

2) TCU: corn fed monsters like Luken Baker are coming on strong... the 6'9" Brian Howard hasn't been touched this postseason... the always solid Janczak sets the tone in game 1 for everyone

3) Oklahoma State: hottest team coming into CWS... Hatch is filthy (nice, loose arm action)... Tyler Buffett has been the wildcard stepping in that #2 role.... Costello has hit safely in 10 straight, might be most consistent hitter in CWS

4) Florida: best starting pitching as showcased from Shore Sunday night... Alonso swinging a hot stick upon return... they've made a habit of coming out flat with the sticks before generating runs late (believe that will bite them in CWS if they should get past FSU)

5) Arizona: loose bunch playing with that nothing-to-lose mentality... Bannister has a rubber arm with great offspeed command... Dalbec is a two-way stud, was really pulling the string on his change up against Miss State... Aguilar's sweet lefty stroke has carried the lineup via clutch hits... lefties out the pen have been stellar this postseason

6) UCSB: Bieber has even better command than Bannister (lives on the black all day with all his pitches)... #2 guy was impressive on Sunday as well... lineup continues to put together solid at-bats... great defensive team -- their SS (name on tip of my tongue) is one of the best defensively in college baseball... typical West Coast/Big West team

7) Miami FL: Zack Collins is big time... strong up the middle with Lopez and Ruiz... lefty Mediavilla going to be tough to beat in game 1, but think they're beatable after that.. wildcard could be Abreu's stick as Collins is going to get nothing to hit

8) Texas Tech: not one easy out through their order... pitching staff has silenced their critics for now... ace RHP freshman Davis Martin has good stuff but can be had... Gutierrez busted out of his mini slump Sunday

9) FSU

1) Coastal Carolina: swagger... fearless... Beckwith comes from a couple different arm angles... Cunningham bulldog #2 with a great changeup... Holmes can start or come out the pen... closer Morrison MVP of staff... balance of speed and power throughout order... SS Paez a gamer... outfield can cover a ton of ground which should bode well in Omaha... most well-rounded team in Omaha imo

2) TCU: corn fed monsters like Luken Baker are coming on strong... the 6'9" Brian Howard hasn't been touched this postseason... the always solid Janczak sets the tone in game 1 for everyone

3) Oklahoma State: hottest team coming into CWS... Hatch is filthy (nice, loose arm action)... Tyler Buffett has been the wildcard stepping in that #2 role.... Costello has hit safely in 10 straight, might be most consistent hitter in CWS

4) Florida: best starting pitching as showcased from Shore Sunday night... Alonso swinging a hot stick upon return... they've made a habit of coming out flat with the sticks before generating runs late (believe that will bite them in CWS if they should get past FSU)

5) Arizona: loose bunch playing with that nothing-to-lose mentality... Bannister has a rubber arm with great offspeed command... Dalbec is a two-way stud, was really pulling the string on his change up against Miss State... Aguilar's sweet lefty stroke has carried the lineup via clutch hits... lefties out the pen have been stellar this postseason

6) UCSB: Bieber has even better command than Bannister (lives on the black all day with all his pitches)... #2 guy was impressive on Sunday as well... lineup continues to put together solid at-bats... great defensive team -- their SS (name on tip of my tongue) is one of the best defensively in college baseball... typical West Coast/Big West team

7) Miami FL: Zack Collins is big time... strong up the middle with Lopez and Ruiz... lefty Mediavilla going to be tough to beat in game 1, but think they're beatable after that.. wildcard could be Abreu's stick as Collins is going to get nothing to hit

8) Texas Tech: not one easy out through their order... pitching staff has silenced their critics for now... ace RHP freshman Davis Martin has good stuff but can be had... Gutierrez busted out of his mini slump Sunday

9) FSU

I don't follow much regular season so I kind of ignore the rankings...but, Coastal seems like the best team to me. I know they play weaker competition, but there hitting stats are incredible and then when you watch them swing, they look like they can hit anyone. (Game last night was WILD) I kind of second guessed myself thinking I was just over rating them. Their defense looks pretty shaky though. They would have a tough first matchup if Florida advances vs. Shore or Puk.

Haven't watched Miami much, but seems to me they may have some trouble vs. lefties. They looked far more comfortable vs> righties.

I may have Florida number 2 just due to the volume of pitchers they have, which should be a huge advantage in a tourney style format.

Dollaz: fwiw, CCU's regular 2B Seth Lancaster missed game two of the Supers after he tweaked his knee sliding into home in game one. He's their hottest hitter by far, and also one of their best defensive infielders. Pearcey filled in for him receiving his first start since March 22, and was definitely a bit shaky in the field. Sounds like Lancaster should be good to go for the CWS. Overall Chants were one of the top fielding teams in the Big South (can't remember if they were 1 or 2), and as we've seen since the CWS has been played at TD Ameritrade, outfield play in those spacious gaps has been crucial. It was nice to see Big South POY Connor Owings have a solid Supers after a quiet regional; pretty cool the D-Backs drafted him in the 34th round so he could potentially play with his brother Chris one day. Big South baseball has been on the up and up over the last several years imo. Goff turned around Campbell before turning around La Tech this year.. hoping he comes back to Kentucky (hitting coach from 00-03) and fills the HC vacancy in Lex.

CWS

Saturday:

205 Miami/Arizona under 10.5 -135 2*
206 Arizona +110 2*
207 UCSB/OKST under 7.5 -130 3*

Sunday:

203 TCU -180 3*

Last edited:
Well Kentucky just hired an assistant from Miss State by the name Nick Mingione so scratch Gregg Goff. Evidently he can recruit.

and the SEC finally breaks through....

Gators played with a completely different energy tonight; first time I've not seen that team sleepwalk through a game this postseason. Crowd was a lot better tonight as well which may have helped spark them. UCSB/OKST will kick off the CWS Saturday at 3:00 pm est followed by Arizona/Miami at 8:00. I actually thought those four played Sunday until I double-checked.

GL on the series bud, find it interesting that the west actually got some representation when all I could do was bash it for lack of competition...very interesting final 8 imo

Also think I agree witcha that Coastal might be the team to beat, just never know how a smaller school like that handles being the target

Also think I agree witcha that Coastal might be the team to beat, just never know how a smaller school like that handles being the target

Yeah man I'm pumping my brakes on CCU for game 1 just to see whether or not they blew their wad in making the CWS. A few years ago I rode Stony Brook (still think Janikowski is going to be solid for the Pads) and made some nice coin through Regionals and Supers, but gave most of it away tripling down on them with house money on games one and two and via futures.... got that team of destiny shit in my head. Of course they went two and out. That SBU run was incredible cause they went in the Box and beat a stacked LSU team and Nola was a beast of course. CCU has a little more pitching depth (particiularly out of the pen) than that SBU squad had. And a little more no fucks given swagger.

Thanks for the reply, I'll be honest I'd actually be more skeptical in game 2 if they win game 1 but that's just kinda how I think...get the swag out and win the first one and my concern is letdown city in game two. Mind you, I'm not betting this CWS so hope you make all the right calls, and would love to see that program bring it home so all the best buddy :beer4:

Back