G-Man's College Plays For Week 5 *9-27-08*

G-Man

Pretty much a regular
Looks like another good week.

Georgia -7 Over Alabama. Bulldogs had their wake-up call and were fortunate to pull out a win against So. Carolina 14-7.

Tide has been a team I backed already TY, but I know that this kid at QB (JP Wilson) for them, will get manhandled by GA here.

Last year GA was ranked at #22 and wasnt supposed to win at Bama but they did in OT. This game is just about right on the line but GA could be favored by as much as 9-10. Im looking for a DD win here By the Bulldogs. 33-17. Top caliber home team to say the least.

Georgia -7 (10 units) Loss

Clemson -11 over Maryland. Terps were outgained badly in their win over California and the Golden Bears had no offense until the 4th quarter. MD scored a ton of points (35) on a measly 297 yards of offense in that game. The Tigers on the other hand will totally dominate on defense and cause the Terps all kinds of trouble in this one. Expect Clemson to completely shut down the run, and force Turner into throwing int's. Tiger QB Harper should light up the scoreboard with his 66% completion rate in this home game today.

Clemson -11 ( 6 units) LOSS

Ohio State -19.5 over Minnymouse. Blowout predicted. Buckeyes by 30 PLUS!. Minnesota is the worst 4-0 team in the nation. They hardly outgained any of their opponents except for Fla Atl? Their big 42-17 win over bowling Green was from FIVE (5) turnovers by BG.

OHIO STATE -19.5 ( 10 units) LOSS

Mississippi +22 over Florida. This is a good ATS sleeper. Miss was beaten by 4 ints and 2 fumbles against Vandy, but still outgained them by 180 yds. Fla should try to run alot in this one. This will keep the scoring down and make this number easy to cash on for the dog. If Snead can stay away from throwing Int's here, then Mississippi should be around at the end.

Mississippi +22 ( 5 units) WON

Florida State -5 over Colorado. West Virgina is that bad... Thats why Colorado won last Thursday against them in Mile-High land. I had the Buffs and didnt expect them to lose. But this game is in another part of the world and after FSU's terrible self destruction ( 7 turnover) performance last week to Wake Forest, they can do nothing but get better. This is one of the better games on the slate for me. When you have a defense that allowed ONLY 12 points to a team that got 7 turnovers from your offense, this is a winner.

Fla State -5. (9 units) WON

Houston +10.5 over East Carolina. Last week I said that EC would get beat and the hype would be gone. They did and I cashed on NC State. Houston may be the best 1-3 team in the country. They have scored25 pts or more in games against AF, Colo St and Ok St. Theyll get that many at E.carolina for sure. Points here are way to many. Look for a 6 point win either way in this one. This could be a back-to-back upset for EC.

Cougars +10.5 (7 units) WON

Illinois +15.5 over Penn State. Good PS team may have their hands full with "The Juice". Not ground-game "OJ" - but Juice "Air" Williams". This kid rocked the Missouri defense with 451 yards passing and FIVE (5) Touchdown passes. If you were counting on PS to go undefeated this year, here is the loss that is waiting to happen on their own field. Penn St pilied on the points in 3 games against bad teams. In one game they played that they won big against Oregon State, they only outgained them by 112 yds. I have a feeling that the Nittiny Lions aren't REALLY a 52 point offensive team and are in for a game of catchup in this one.

Fighting Illini +15.5 (8 units) WON

Navy +16 over Wake Forest. Demon Deacons arent as good as their 3-0 recored. (Read above in FSU matchup). Navy still knows how to win. At 2-2 they havent created much fear in their opponents but WF is badly over priced here in this game. In WF 2 homers they have NOT won by more than 14 points. Navy is better than both of those teams, plus they have scored 23 points qagainst Rutgers and underrated Ball State.

Navy +16 (6 units) WON

Bradford is hitting 79% of his passes and if the Frogs can get him down to a realistic 60% or less, then they could surprise here. I cant recall ever seeing a QB in college hit passing completions at 79% and since the Frogs are the first good team the Sooners are facing, the only logical factor here, is that they will drop statistically in every category in this game. When you look at the fact that Oklahoma was only favored by 22 against Cincinatti, TCU is much better then the Bearcats are and the line being only 4 points less - is a big indicator of a possible cover for the dog in this one.

TCU +18.5 ( 6 units) LOSS

Last edited:
Very similiar thoughts . As much as I would like to ride Minny here especially after taking them at home vs FAU just cant figure how people go from saying they cant win at home vs FAU but will compete @ Ohio State who set to take off . Such nice improvement in the Troy game and get Wells back the offense is gonna explode IMO ......

FSU because of what there defense will do ....even for how it helps there offense ...

Ole Miss agree ...lean to Navy and lean to Illini but wavering on that ...also have similiar thoughts on Clemson as this is a whole new ball game for Maryland being on the road .......

BOL

Gl muchacho

nopic_48.gif
----------_---------
nopic_48.gif

I had a whole writeup on Lville and UConn but the site is not working right.

Tha Play was Lo'ville.

Bradford is hitting 79% of his passes and if the Frogs can get him down to a realistic 60% or less, then they could surprise here. I cant recall ever seeing a QB in college hit passing completions at 79% and since the Frogs are the first good team the Sooners are facing, the only logical factor here, is that they will drop statistically in every category in this game. When you look at the fact that Oklahoma was only favored by 22 against Cincinatti, TCU is much better then the Bearcats are and the line being only 4 points less - is a big indicator of a possible cover for the dog in this one.

TCU +18.5 ( 6 units)

This server problem is killing me. I wrote much more on Ok/TCU here then what showing. I lost 2 paragraphs of writeup guys. Sorry.

Added Arkansas +27.5 (5 units) Over Texas.
Razorbacks had one bad loss early on the season. That loss wasnt as bad as the score would indicate. They lost 5 turnovers in that game and I expect them to be focused in this rivalry against Texas.

I like UGA as well. I think stafford is head and shoulders better than any other QB in college football.

I also like the fact that many of the ESPN "analysts" are picking Alabama to win this game straight up.

I'm with you on Illini as well.

GL with the rest of your card.

Final additions for today.

South Carolina -26.5 (8) units over UAB LOSS

South Florida -10 (7 units)over N.C. State WON

Troy +17.5 (5 units) over Ok St. LOSS

Toledo -17.5 (6 units) over Fla Int.LOSS

Last edited:
Back